IGNORED

Scum Bag Seller???

Well, I haven't sold any of my PS1 yet, but I did sell Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 for $265 before fees on ebay. I picked them up individually last year for $80 or so. I know it's blasphemy to sell them without beating them, but I was only able to sell them because I wasn't attached yet.

I played a little bit of 2 when I bought it and now I am playing 4 and am really digging the game. Hopefully I can beat it before I mail Saturday.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/suzydicus/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Wondering what people think about the seller suzydicus;

Selling FFVII and very desirable PS1 titles (Silent Hill, Xenogears, Castlevania SOTN, RE2, etc.) for the past 3 months at 2x or more market value, and seeming to have no issue selling with an endless supply of the exact games replenished right after each sale.

Just a few days ago, was listing FFVII CIB for $400, then I called her/him out on it and now it's back down to $170, which 'apparently' was their 'sale' price for the last 6 or so sales that sold few days apart from each other (May 17, May 16, May 11, etc.), and each time with increased price. The entire thing reeks of market manipulation.

This has been going on when FFVII was $45 game. So you mean to tell me that someone is paying $170 for FVII when there are countless other copies available for a fraction of the price...sure.

24 minutes ago, Amermoe said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/suzydicus/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Selling FFVII and very desirable PS1 titles (Silent Hill, Xenogears, Castlevania SOTN, RE2, etc.) for the past 3 months at 2x or more market value, and seeming to have no issue selling with an endless supply of the exact games replenished right after each sale.

Just a few days ago, was listing FFVII CIB for $400, then I called her/him out on it and now it's back down to $170, which 'apparently' was their 'sale' price for the last 6 or so sales that sold few days apart from each other (May 17, May 16, May 11, etc.), and each time with increased price. The entire thing reeks of market manipulation.

This has been going on when FFVII was $45 game. So you mean to tell me that someone is paying $170 for FVII when there are countless other copies available for a fraction of the price...sure.

It could be money laundering.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 12:02 AM, Amermoe said:

Literally just saw this seller as well. No way it's legit. He/she has apparently sold a shit ton of FFVII recently. All listed as New on eBay, but none of them are sealed. All supposedly mint and unplayed. I went to look at their feedback as well and some of it looks suspect. I'm assuming they're trying to bring the bring of these games down with these listings?

On 5/25/2020 at 12:28 AM, RegularGuyGamer said:

It could be money laundering.

This seller has been on my radar for well over a year. I see their posts every day because of working with GVN. 

There is no way her sales are legit. I would bet money on it. Even before COVID happened their prices were astronomically high compared to every other game on ebay. It just makes no sense. I have also seen another seller with similar pictures, wording in the title, and listing their used games as NEW. Something fishy is definitely going on there. 

These screenshots are fom 6 months ago. $120 each for xenogears and FF7? Yeah no way. And then sells the same games in the same condition in the same month for $140 and $150? 

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.22.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.22.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.24.28 PM.png

Edited by Magus
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Magus said:

This seller has been on my radar for well over a year. I see their posts every day because of working with GVN. 

There is no way her sales are legit. I would bet money on it. Even before COVID happened their prices were astronomically high compared to every other game on ebay. It just makes no sense. I have also seen another seller with similar pictures, wording in the title, and listing their used games as NEW. Something fishy is definitely going on there. 

These screenshots are fom 6 months ago. $120 each for xenogears and FF7? Yeah no way. And then sells the same games in the same condition in the same month for $140 and $150? 

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.22.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.22.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.24.28 PM.png

Yes I saw that other seller. It almost looks like the same house. One seller always has picures on the carpet facing like a dark living room and the other seller is in the kitchen facing tile. I checked the posted addresses, they are different, but that couls be fake.

Edited by Californication

1 hour ago, Californication said:

I am convinced it's a scam. Probably using multiple accounts to buy and resell the same items, either with people they know or somehow through the same person. The only thing I can think they have to gain from this is driving up the cost of the game so people get duped into buying at a new ceiling price? don't know. It could also be all counterfeits - but I doubt anyone is actually buying anything.

An update on this; I reported their listing to ebay for fraud, and what happened next was interesting. Apparently, for 3 days, they took down all their listings, but just recently everything seems to be back up again. Either ebay investigated and weren't able to find anything on them, or they chose to remove all their listings.

I also do seem to recall another seller doing exactly the same thing, and selling the same games. Probably just another shill account. can't seem to remember the name though...

16 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

If they are bidding up their own games how would that be beneficial in any way?  Wouldn't they owe all those fees to eBay and not be receiving any actual money from the sales?

What do you mean? They would be recieving what the item sells for and if it sell for more they will be paying more in fees accordingly. They'd owe fees and earn nothing if they win their own auction but that isn't the objective it's for others to pay more than they otherwise would've.

9 minutes ago, cartman said:

What do you mean? They would be recieving what the item sells for and if it sell for more they will be paying more in fees accordingly. They'd owe fees and earn nothing if they win their own auction but that isn't the objective it's for others to pay more than they otherwise would've.

I see.  This is just the old "please bid my item up" issue.  Or they have multiple fake accounts just to bid them up.  This is nothing new.  I thought they were bidding them up and then also winning the auctions.

15 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

I see.  This is just the old "please bid my item up" issue.  Or they have multiple fake accounts just to bid them up.  This is nothing new.  I thought they were bidding them up and then also winning the auctions.

No it wouldn't work then. Altough it can happen unintentionally that they try to entice someone to bit just a little bit more but it turns everybody's personal limit has been reached so the seller ends up being the highest bidder on his own auction so maybe that's what you saw. 

Ok, so here's another update, although kind of late. When I reported her/him, it was around the 3rd of June, and their listings went offline until the 7th of June.

Guess what happened the moment they had their items back up? yep, you guessed it 3 sales (at astronomical prices) on the first day back, and again the following day, and more consistently thereafter. Oh and by the way, they're selling Castlevania SOTN black label for $300, and Silent Hill 2 for $200 and apparently selling for that price, yeah sure. Take a look;

image.thumb.png.f89672db3deea4cefb7c6875edf0da69.png

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:02 AM, Amermoe said:

Man am I glad I decided to google this username...

So, hey everyone. I decided to make an account to point out that suzydicus bought my CiB Black Label Legend Of Dragoon. Wanna know what prompted me to google? Because of the fact they kept insisting to me that I needed to ship the game first-class and that they needed the game "before next monday" or something to that effect. Honestly I did intend to ship it first-class, but for whatever reason the postal worker defaulted all my packages that day to media mail since one of the packages was listed as such. I refunded them a couple dollars to make up for it, KINDA wishing I didn't now that I'm reading this, but my 100% seller feedback is worth too much to risk getting a neutral or negative feedback from this dude.

I was under the impression they were a collector or someone that wanted to legitimately own and/or play the game because it was a childhood classic or they didn't have access to a PS3 where you can literally download the game for $6 even now.

I guess I'll post an update if they happen to leave me a neutral or neg feedback so we can at least blacklist the seller. I'm happy to be of service in this regard, and if I run into any other suspicious activity on eBay I'll post here!

Here's my listing with photos: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224055598105

If you see a copy of Legend Of Dragoon pop up for sale on that account, take a wild guess where it probably came from.

EDIT: NEVERMIND THE SELLER HAS ALREADY DONE IT: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Dragoon-PS1-PlayStation-Valkyrie-Profile-1-2-3-4-NEW-COMPLETE-MINT/174326020438?hash=item2896a3f956:g:Rf0AAOSw1tVeo23S

Wow. I'm utterly flabbergasted here. I better not be about to lose $40 over this...

Edited by GenoViv96
Added item listing & RELISTED
  • Like 2

Probably not a scumbag seller but rather another one of those hoarders/scalpers/resellers. If they do anything blatantly suspicious or against the rules then there is quite a high chance they would be banned and removed from the website if they use some sort of fraudulent pattern of behavior, pretty easy to spot. Of course you are supposed to report them if anything like that happens, but reselling stuff- no chance, no one has ever forbidden that and that would be extremely stupid

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the seller finally got my copy of Legend Of Dragoon. They wanted me to refund them $10 because of minor scratches on the first disc that they could have seen (barely) if they had just looked at my pictures, though they WERE taken with a phone so it's possible he overlooked them.

At any rate, I went from selling for like $44 shipped to something closer to $30 after fees and TWO partial refunds to this guy since I do admit the shipping error was my fault. However, I think it's poor form to not only raise a stink about minor scratches when I described this listing rather well both in the listing AND in messages, but to also ask for a very specific refund amount. I've sold over 100 things on eBay since last year, and this is the ONLY time someone asked me for a specific amount to refund... hell, this is the first time the buyer asked me for a partial refund PERIOD.

So, in short, regardless of what this guy is planning to do with the copy of Legend Of Dragoon, I think at the very least it's recommended that if you're selling PS1 RPG games on eBay, you should avoid selling to Suzydicus for sure. I informed them about this thread either way, so we'll see how things go from here. At this point I already refunded them a total of around $8, so if they still feel the need to leave me a negative feedback I'll be impressed.

Stay safe, everyone. Happy to be of service here.

• Like 1

Okay, dunno why they waited two days to do this, but this jackass decided to leave me a negative feedback anyway, and is trying to spin that disc one was "badly scratched" which couldn't be further from the truth.

So yeah, stay very far away from this predatory buyer/seller if you value your feedback score and money. Now I lost 0.7% feedback and I'm down like $8.

I really was trying to be optimistic as to their intentions, but now it's been made abundantly clear what they want to do here. Hope their little drug money laundering scheme gets exposed.

Since I have literally zero reason to be optimistic or sympathetic, I'm going to go ahead and encourage everyone here to report the account. As you can see, I've posted pictures/evidence above that this is clearly a scam.

Edited by GenoViv96
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

So after viewing this thread, I bought a "NEW Mint Chrono Cross" (lol) copy from Suzydicus, and what they are doing is repackaging games they buy dirt cheap from other sellers in reproduction cases. I am not able to ascertain whether the artwork or manual are reproductions as they are surprisingly well done, I compared them to my personal copy of Chrono Cross. However, the games are legit, they do boot on my ps1 just fine. As far as I can tell it's a scumbag seller bare minimum, but not a scammer for buyers aside from being disingenuous with titling. They intentionally leave out that it's not authentic in the desc to drive up bids.

Apparently slow shipping is a trend with this seller, and on one feedback, despite it being positive, the seller felt the need to address it by saying “the riots are out of my control.” LOL okay sure. Glad to add this clown to my blocked list, for the multitude of reasons in this thread.

Wow. I just had a terrible experience. Someone listed Pulse Man on Sega Genesis Collectors on Facebook. It was listed at $250. I offered the guy $200, he accepted, I sent over the money. He refunded the money, and I was blocked from the group. Then his listing on ebay was removed. So I was back doored and kicked out for trying to buy a game. Wtf.

Edit: Update. The guy unblocked me after I cussed at him in an email. Apparently he though I was trying to scam him because I gave him a different mailing address than was on my paypal.

Edited by Californication

7 hours ago, Californication said:

Wow. I just had a terrible experience. Someone listed Pulse Man on Sega Genesis Collectors on Facebook. It was listed at $250. I offered the guy $200, he accepted, I sent over the money. He refunded the money, and I was blocked from the group. Then his listing on ebay was removed. So I was back doored and kicked out for trying to buy a game. Wtf.

Edit: Update. The guy unblocked me after I cussed at him in an email. Apparently he though I was trying to scam him because I gave him a different mailing address than was on my paypal.

People are wack. Imagine just... asking you if things were correct?

7 hours ago, Californication said:

To be fair, that's a pretty big red flag for me, but like @The Strangest said, he could have at least asked you about it first before blocking you.  

Edited by TDIRunner