IGNORED

Wow - Gamestop claimed to be an "essential business"

Administrator · Posted
15 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

PA has pulled Gamestops business license for the entire state

Good.

Our governor has alluded to the same if businesses aren't taking employee's temperatures upon arrival (something he mandated a few days ago).

It's pretty sad that Gamestop can't take the hint.    The other stores that are staying open I can see (Lowe's in case somebody needs a water heater/plumbing/etc, pet stores for vital pet supplies), but there is nothing in that fucking store that is "essential".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Pretty sure i read employees have a protocol. Did you ignore the other posts here saying they went yesterday? I think you are being a little dramatic here. It gets to a point that this is not worth tanking the us economy over. People preordered a game? They should be able to go pick it up. People need to sell some stuff for cash they should have a place. Sounds like to me the employees are taking precautions. Posts like this are going to look so dumb by the summer. Y2k esq. This marshall law state everyone wamts to declare is so effing ridiculous. Whether you like it or not gamestop does provide a service and they run a business. Wtf are they supposed to do? Just shutting down ismt a viable option. We are destroying businesses that might not ever recover and come back because of some asymptomatic in many resporatory illness. Old/sick people should stay out of public places. The world needs to keep moving. 

Public health > video games

10 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

🤔 Very insightful. Its alot more complicated than that.

There are ways to fix the economy that don’t involve endangering the population because someone thinks they need the newest DOOM. It’s why our politicians on both sides of the aisle and medical experts are advising a self quarantine and only shopping for the essentials. Games are not essential, despite what asinine things GameStop is saying. The latter point being the reason for this thread.

At some point I think people need to be prioritized over money. And I don’t believe GameStop should be exempt from that. The fate of the economy doesn’t rely on whether they remain open or closed anyway.

2 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Just shutting down ismt a viable option. We are destroying businesses that might not ever recover and come back because of some asymptomatic in many resporatory illness. Old/sick people should stay out of public places. The world needs to keep moving. 

The fact that some can be asymptomatic is what is dangerous. Old people can be at home and still catch it from someone. Everyone needs to limit movement/shopping to essentials. That will keep the virus in check.

Sorry, but the law says essential services only. Gamestop trying to claim to be essential is laughable.

They say there's no atheists in foxholes. There's also no libertarians in pandemics.

Edited by Tulpa

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

The fact that some can be asymptomatic is what is dangerous. Old people can be at home and still catch it from someone. Everyone needs to limit movement/shopping to essentials. That will keep the virus in check.

Sorry, but the law says essential services only. Gamestop trying to claim to be essential is laughable.

They say there's no atheists in foxholes. There's also no libertarians in pandemics.

Well, to be fair, there are... for a little while at least.

Edited by m308gunner

1 hour ago, Link said:

Haha I was going to say,

That’s debatable. 

Well, they're there for a little while, until they either realize the gubermint will have to step in at some point, or they kill themselves off by catching something at a store that should have closed a week ago.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:
1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Not about just gamestop. 

🤔

You mean to tell me threads on here have some sort of topic in order to keep things organized? Wow. Maybe you should throw an announcement to let everyone know the topic of the thread is listed at the top in case anyone should forget. 

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You're not making any points though?

The point of allowing businesses to stay open and be cautious? Thought it was clear.  You must have skimmed it. Didnt write it in a foreign language.  Maybe if i threw a few "eh"s in there youd've understood 😂

Edited by Quest4Nes

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Quest4Nes said:

The point of allowing businesses to stay open and be cautious? Thought it was clear.  You must have skimmed it. Didnt write it in a foreign language.  Maybe if i threw a few "eh"s in there youd've understood 😂

1) This is a thread about GameStop.

2) Caution should prevail here. All non-essential stores should be closed.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

1) This is a thread about GameStop.

2) Caution should prevail here. All non-essential stores should be closed.

Doesnt apply to gamestop per say but you might be ending peoples financial livelyhood. Local businesses have bills to pay to operate. If they have a way to reach customers and make money they should be allowed to. When its not you ots pretty easy ti say killing thousands of businesses is the way to go.

20 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

I guess im one of the only ones who doesnt care about this at all. Yea definitely a shitty company, but if they want to be open for people to get some quick cash trading stuff in, then that should be allowed. If an employee doesnt want to work then let them not and come back when the ok is granted. If an employee wants to work and people want to come to the store, then they should be allowed to.

They suspended trade ins. They should close like the rest of the non essential stores. It is only about money for them.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Doesnt apply to gamestop per say but you might be ending peoples financial livelyhood. Local businesses have bills to pay to operate. If they have a way to reach customers and make money they should be allowed to. When its not you ots pretty easy ti say killing thousands of businesses is the way to go.

If you're dead you don't have a livelihood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quest4Nes said:

From what I have seen, several of my local video game stores, mom and pop shops are staying open by delivering games to customers or just transitioning to selling online. Unfortunately, sometimes businesses have to adapt to survive a time of financial crisis. Clearly the ones I go to are trying to do just that.

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If you're dead you don't have a livelihood.

This arbitrary future date thats in limbo and changes on a whim of when life might resume. People cant just stay in their homes. There is going to start to be unrest. And then you will have tanked the economy for nothing. Weve had pandemics. We havent shut things down. This is media driven hysteria. This reminds me so much of y2k its not even funny.

Tons of people are asymptimatic. Most are barely sick, and the more actual tests that get administered the lower the death rate. Its already extremely low. If you are in a risk group you should isolate while the rest of us develop herd immunity.