IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

Do you even read what I write? 

Target had one such incident. 10 years ago. CFA has an extended history. This is not the first time they promised to stay out of such affairs.

32 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Your previously boycotted businesses may no longer have these long standing issues.

And they may fail to change their stripes again. Shall we take bets?

33 minutes ago, Rhino said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! 

🙄

In any case, I don’t need to support a religious retailer. They are plenty successful as-is. Furthermore there is nothing to go back to. I’ve never eaten there. I didn’t know anything about them prior to the controversy. I’m not interested. 

27 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Stay woke

I have never in my life used that word or type of phrasing but you keep saying it sarcastically at me. It’s clear you have a very simplistic view of things. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I don’t know but I learned from this thread that either chick fil a or Popeyes is crap.  I don’t know which one though.  Maybe both?

Popeye's is trash can food.  Chick fil A is the nectar of the gods.  If that place served mead I would live there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Link said:

Do you even read what I write? 

Target had one such incident. 10 years ago. CFA has an extended history. This is not the first time they promised to stay out of such affairs.

And they may fail to change their stripes again. Shall we take bets?

🙄

In any case, I don’t need to support a religious retailer. They are plenty successful as-is. Furthermore there is nothing to go back to. I’ve never eaten there. I didn’t know anything about them prior to the controversy. I’m not interested. 

I have never in my life used that word or type of phrasing but you keep saying it sarcastically at me. It’s clear you have a very simplistic view of things. 

I bet your access to here for the rest of time that CFA never goes back to supporting anti lgbtq+ organizations. 

The truth finally comes out. You're against religious organizations. We got em boys!

13 minutes ago, Rhino said:

The truth finally comes out. You're against religious organizations. We got em boys!

...So what?

I don’t know how many more ways there are to say it. I am not the SJW you’re looking for.

But by all means, continue making a fool of yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ugh, so much I missed... so many topics.... I can't really cover it all. I'll just touch on a few things.

Boycotting a few places that do shitty things is better than boycotting no places that do shitty things. It doesn't make you a hypocrite. 

Actions have consequences. If people choose not to go to a local Chik-Fil-A because the owner donated funds to anti lgbtq+ groups that is their choice and there is nothing wrong with it. And also it's a BS argument to say "well you are hurting the innocent employees/store owners" because of a few reasons. First of all, real world, they are not hurting for business. As some have said their lines wrap around the buildings. And B, if it does hurt them, it's their choice to work there. Actions have consequences even if they weren't your actions. Work for an organization with better values. 

Also, it doesn't really matter if they stopped donating or not. Public perception is a hell of a thing. You have to change that.

There is nothing wrong with choosing not to patronize stores that support religious organizations. Also a person's reasons for choosing whether or not to patronize anywhere shouldn't really matter. Freedom of choice and all.

Raising Cane's is still the best chicken place. To be fair we don't have Church's, Zaxby's, Lee's, etc here. KFC is bottom tier trash. Popeye's is alright but their spicy chicken sandwich was overrated trash. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich was 100x better.

And Chik-Fil-A is just plain bad. I've tried multiple times. Every time it's soggy and bland. Waffle fries are fine but fries do not make a place. Go ahead and go down to Chik-Fil-A right now for a taste test and tell me what you think.

Oh wait, ya can't. It's Sunday. 🙄😆

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Go ahead and go down to Chik-Fil-A right now for a taste test and tell me what you think.

I don't need to, I've already had them multiple times this month and enjoyed it just as much every single time 😛

I will give you that the sandwiches are indeed very greasy, but a napkin will very quickly fix that (Sometimes I'll even just use the bag itself) and it doesn't really affect the taste or texture that much, at least not for me. I will have to just fully disagree on them being bland though, but hey, to each their own. I know this is the politics thread, but I ain't gonna belittle you for having different tastes than me.

Maybe you've just got a faulty Chick-fil-a, who knows 😆

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Link said:

...So what?

I don’t know how many more ways there are to say it. I am not the SJW you’re looking for.

But by all means, continue making a fool of yourself.

You being against religious organizations is no different than someone being against minorities. In both instances one is discriminating against a group because of their race or religion. You just openly admitted you actively discriminate against religious people. You're incredible dude. Digging that hole deeper and deeper. 

15 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Wait...do people honesty believe that Chick Filet is honestly a religious organization >_>

I don’t see them having choir practice Monday-Saturday, and I’ve sure as hell never had communion there either...unless the grape jelly counts.

@Link sure does.

8 minutes ago, Rhino said:

You being against religious organizations is no different than someone being against minorities. In both instances one is discriminating against a group because of their race or religion. You just openly admitted you actively discriminate against religious people. You're incredible dude. Digging that hole deeper and deeper. 

I knew a guy who used to be Irish but he changed his mind and chose to be black instead.  

9 minutes ago, Rhino said:

LOL. Explain to me in greater detail how not buying a chicken sandwich is the same thing as cops racial profiling or calling someone the N-word?

Imagine saying not shopping at places that support religion is the same thing as racism. Wild!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Wait...do people honesty believe that Chick Filet is honestly a religious organization

Chick-fil-A likely loses out on more than $1 billion in sales every year by closing on Sundays — and it's a brilliant business strategy

"Closing our business on Sunday, the Lord's Day, is our way of honoring God and showing our loyalty to Him," Chick-fil-A's founder, Truett Cathy, wrote in his book "Eat Mor Chikin: Inspire More People."

Cathy continued: "My brother Ben and I closed our first restaurant on the first Sunday after we opened in 1946, and my children have committed to closing our restaurants on Sundays long after I'm gone. I believe God honors our decision and sets before us unexpected opportunities to do greater work for Him because of our loyalty."

Not saying that are a "religious organization" per se, but they have policy, company wide, that is directly influenced by religion.

Edited by CodysGameRoom

27 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Wait...do people honesty believe that Chick Filet is honestly a religious organization >_>

I don’t see them having choir practice Monday-Saturday, and I’ve sure as hell never had communion there either...unless the grape jelly counts.

No. The ownership is religious people. They are influenced by religion (closed on Sunday specifically to facilitate churchgoing.) 

I don’t have a problem with any of that on its face btw. If that was as far as it went, I would not be unwilling to give them a try.

Would it actually happen, who knows. I have a very long list already of fast and casual restaurants to go to for the first or second time, and it’s rare for me to eat food not cooked at home in normal times — not at all during the pandemic.

As it stands, I have no reason to patronize bigots, and that is what they have shown themselves to be, unlike another retailer that made a mistake one time and corrected it — quickly, unlike CFA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

LOL. Explain to me in greater detail how not buying a chicken sandwich is the same thing as cops racial profiling or calling someone the N-word?

Imagine saying not shopping at places that support religion is the same thing as racism. Wild!

I will say that the same mentality makes me second guess being extra Christian in public. As a very progressive minded Christian, I find it safer to keep my relationship with Jesus private rather than risk being lumped in and blanketed with the image of some right wing hardliner. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Chick-fil-A likely loses out on more than $1 billion in sales every year by closing on Sundays — and it's a brilliant business strategy

"Closing our business on Sunday, the Lord's Day, is our way of honoring God and showing our loyalty to Him," Chick-fil-A's founder, Truett Cathy, wrote in his book "Eat Mor Chikin: Inspire More People."

Cathy continued: "My brother Ben and I closed our first restaurant on the first Sunday after we opened in 1946, and my children have committed to closing our restaurants on Sundays long after I'm gone. I believe God honors our decision and sets before us unexpected opportunities to do greater work for Him because of our loyalty."

Not saying that are a "religious organization" per se, but they have policy, company wide, that is directly influenced by religion.

I honestly believe that’s a complete farce.

They pander to a certain market and it acts as advertisement and creates false scarcity.

Im a Christian myself, and I have no problem with businesses being open on Sunday...I mean, the sabbath is Saturday anyway and the commandment in the Bible is to keep the Sabbath holy.

Also, Jesus H. Christ himself was against keeping people from eating on the Sabbath. Especially his followers...oops

12 At that time Jesus went through the wheat fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry so they were picking heads of wheat and eating them.When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look, your disciples are breaking the Sabbath law.”

But he said to them, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and those with him were hungry? He went into God’s house and broke the law by eating the bread of the presence, which only the priests were allowed to eat

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

President Snowflake.  Can't even handle an interview with his homies if they dare ask fair questions.  Pathetic lack of leadership and accountability.

The whole interview was bonkers. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/19/donald-trump-fox-news-sunday-chris-wallace-interview

27 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

They are different but they're both forms of discrimination. You can't pick and choose discrimination. Deciding to do or not do something because of one's religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, etc is discrimination.

When did cops get brought up? You really have been gone a while.

• Like 1