IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

Don’t even bother dude he’s just wasting your time. He literally manufactured outrage and then told you he didn’t. 

he just pops in every few days to stir things up and pretend to be the victim. Anyone with reading comprehension can see that he’s been proven wrong repeatedly but just needs that attention!

Good point. I have been known to feed the trolls before. If anything I still get enjoyment out of seeing the rationalizations. 

3 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Guess that's the end of our discussion dude, your defense of Trump and the US government is literally if they tell you to jump off a bridge, would you.  It's absolutely his fault as well as that of the WHO (initially). The increase from June to now is 100% on our government here though.

It doesn't help that the states are all over the place either, although that speaks to the lack of direction from the top as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

It doesn't help that the states are all over the place either, although that speaks to the lack of direction from the top as well.

Yeah, thankfully at least a few of them are doing a good job with it.  If people want an example of what not to do I'd say check out Florida 😂

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Good point. I have been known to feed the trolls before. If anything I still get enjoyment out of seeing the rationalizations. 

And I get enjoyment out of blowing holes in peoples terrible arguments. I think the way we should handle FCgamer is just wait for him to post something stupid, someone easily proves it wrong and then we ignore him until the next time he pops in.

rinse, spin, repeat. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Yeah, thankfully at least a few of them are doing a good job with it.  If people want an example of what not to do I'd say check out Florida 😂

It's on the people as much as anything. Ohio is actually doing fairly well despite the governor constantly trying to tell us that the sky is falling. When our county's daily cases are 0.000045%, I think we are doing a good job despite what he puts on his map.

• Like 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's on the people as much as anything. Ohio is actually doing fairly well despite the governor constantly trying to tell us that the sky is falling. When our county's daily cases are 0.000045%, I think we are doing a good job despite what he puts on his map.

I'm glad things are going well down by you.  Ohio is doing terribly up here though, we already had to convert extra space to ICU units and those are full.  People still aren't wearing masks and it's mandatory in my county and our neighbor to the north.  Things are getting more ugly here by the day, and there isn't really an end until drastic changes are made.

• Like 1

Just now, Doctornick said:

I'm glad things are going well down by you.  Ohio is doing terribly up here though, we already had to convert extra space to ICU units and those are full.  People still aren't wearing masks and it's mandatory in my county and our neighbor to the north.  Things are getting more ugly here by the day, and there isn't really an end until drastic changes are made.

Goes back to my comment on people needing common sense. The governor can come up with all of the charts he wants and make mandates that aren't going to be enforced, but the people need to do the right thing in the end.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Goes back to my comment on people needing common sense. The governor can come up with all of the charts he wants and make mandates that aren't going to be enforced, but the people need to do the right thing in the end.

Yeah, sadly the ones who don't care aren't usually impacted until it's gotten much worse.  I'm guessing we will reach that point by the end of August in Ohio.

Just now, Doctornick said:

Yeah, sadly the ones who don't care aren't usually impacted until it's gotten much worse.  I'm guessing we will reach that point by the end of August in Ohio.

It's crazy that there's that much difference between the north and south of the state. I know they call this the "Republic of Cincinnati" because it's kind of like it's own island, but people around here seem to be pretty responsible.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Take a day, go back, and read the thread from post one. You can see many of the different things brought up.

No thanks. I don't have time for that. Most of this thread is bickering anyways. 

Yeah, stereotypes are offensive, whether good or bad. 

I strongly disagree. There are tons of positive stereotypes out there. 

Strongly disagree.

You need to get off the blaming Trump bandwagon, it was the World Health Organisation, the top of the top of health agents, that failed, knowingly, for the sake of kowtowing to China.

That's facts man. Why do you have such a problem acknowledging that, is your family from there or part of the WHO or something?

It's both man. The WHO is in China's back pocket. China has been lying about everything since day 1. China's numbers have been fake since February. Then it came to the u.s. Tons of people in the u.s worship Trump. Trump initially largely blew off covid-19 and has refused to wear a mask until recently. His followers followed. Things got bad then got better, then states opened back up way too early. Then mass protests happened. Then memorial day, then 4th if July and beaches and vacations. Sure trump and WHO are to blame but there are many many variables. You cannot stop a pandemic that kills 4-8% of those it infects without a vaccine. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, Rhino said:

I strongly disagree. There are tons of positive stereotypes out there. 

As I said, a stereotype can be "positive" but that doesn't make it non-offensive.

For instance and back to my earlier example of asians being good at math.

Imagine being an asian kid who ISN'T good at math. People might start to make that trait into a talking point about you, and that's not particularly fair, nor welcome. Or let's say that "Swedish chicks have huge tits" (completely random stereotype I'm making up for demonstrational purposes); again, imagine having that be a stereotype, and being a chick with not huge tits. Or an African without a monster schlong.

Surely you see the point here. "Positive" stereotypes are STILL damaging.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

But the key difference between my story and that in the USA or the rest of the world isn't Trump, no, rather it is the WHO and China.

We get it. 

Nobody cares.

and yet — 

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Sure, but it's become a political thing. It should have never got to that point to begin with, but it ended up being politicized not once, but twice. Given the situation, I think that's terrible.

Trump made it political so yes he has some of the blame.

Why don’t you get that it can be two things? You’re just willfully ignoring what Trump does because you like his isolationist economic ideas and you love talking shit about China.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

As I said, a stereotype can be "positive" but that doesn't make it non-offensive.

For instance and back to my earlier example of asians being good at math.

Imagine being an asian kid who ISN'T good at math. People might start to make that trait into a talking point about you, and that's not particularly fair, nor welcome. Or let's say that "Swedish chicks have huge tits" (completely random stereotype I'm making up for demonstrational purposes); again, imagine having that be a stereotype, and being a chick with not huge tits. Or an African without a monster schlong.

Surely you see the point here. "Positive" stereotypes are STILL damaging.

Please let the Swedish chick one be true.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Please let the Swedish chick one be true.

From an article about Swedish myths/truths:

#2 Swedish women are blonde and beautiful

When I talk with men from elsewhere in the world and tell them I live in Sweden, I often get the question: ‘Are Swedish women as beautiful as they say?’ And I have to say the answer is a resounding yes – but don’t expect them all to be tall, blonde and blue-eyed. Do, however, expect them to be strong-minded and independent. After all, Sweden is one of the world’s most gender-egalitarian countries.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

With many though, many in this thread even, it's more about promoting the agenda than addressing the issue at hand . All that does is alienate others that also want to fight for equality, it's counter productive.

What is this “agenda” that you keep talking about.