IGNORED

Gamestop Elite Pro Ended?

Hey folks,

I know Gamestop ended renewal of their Elite Pro membership a couple years ago, but they said they would honor that membership for people who had already extended it to any date in the future. I extended mine for a few years, and it was set to expire in October of this year. However, I logged on to Gamestop's website today, and saw that I am now just a "Pro" member instead of "Elite Pro".

I don't see anything online about this. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

3 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

Hey folks,

I know Gamestop ended renewal of their Elite Pro membership a couple years ago, but they said they would honor that membership for people who had already extended it to any date in the future. I extended mine for a few years, and it was set to expire in October of this year. However, I logged on to Gamestop's website today, and saw that I am now just a "Pro" member instead of "Elite Pro".

I don't see anything online about this. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Yeah, they killed everybody's Elite Pro the week of Jan 16th.    You should have a $10 coupon to make up for it.

Sucks because even with Pro you don't get the 10 percent used discount (they killed that the same week, even though I had one that should have been grandfathered in)

7 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

Huh. I sleepily re-upped my Pro subscription after the holidays. So what the heck benefits do you even get from that anymore? Or did I just throw away some $ without thinking? (Prob the latter, yeah?)

$5 monthly coupon and (for now) you still get the extra 10 percent when trading in.   Also, they didn't pull the chute on the discount until mid-January, and even then there was like a day's notice on CheapAssGamer warning people.

31 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Yeah, they killed everybody's Elite Pro the week of Jan 16th.    You should have a $10 coupon to make up for it.

Sucks because even with Pro you don't get the 10 percent used discount (they killed that the same week, even though I had one that should have been grandfathered in)

Dang that stinks! Oh well, I doubt I'll be buying from Gamestop now.

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That sucks.  I was not aware of losing the 10% on used games.  I tend to defend GS most of the time, but that's a hard pill to swallow.

Do the $5 coupons expire, or can they be saved and stacked?

1 per month and they expire each month and cant be stacked

Its a horrible deal now.

I just checked and my subscription expires at the beginning of March, so luckily, I won't miss out on too much.   I've saved enough in the past 10 months to cover the cost of my current subscription. 

It still sucks, but I didn't get screwed over as bad as someone who bought their membership in December (unless they were warned).  

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It still sucks, but I didn't get screwed over as bad as someone who bought their membership in December (unless they were warned).  

This is the part that bugs me. I was asked "did you want to renew?" and it was not, "just so you're aware, it's a TOTALLY different program now." Ugh. Whatever. I've wasted money on dumber things.

36 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

$5 monthly coupon and (for now) you still get the extra 10 percent when trading in.   Also, they didn't pull the chute on the discount until mid-January, and even then there was like a day's notice on CheapAssGamer warning people.

18 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

1 per month and they expire each month and cant be stacked

Its a horrible deal now.

How do you get to the $5 coupon?  I may as well use it on a $5 or $6 game before the month ends.  

3 minutes ago, Teh_Lurv said:

I believe you'll need to log into your membership account through Gamestop's website and print/download the coupon.

There are no active offers or coupons in my account which is why I was asking.  I'm probably just looking in the wrong place, but I'm not sure where else to look.

It's a bummer they keep trimming these plans.  The $20 a year isn't much but the value keeps dropping.  This will likely be my final year with GameStop membership.  Running out of trade games and I'm only picking up a few first party switch games physically. 

Might not be visiting my local store much longer for that matter.

Oh wow, glad I did not do a double renewal of Elite Pro. Was wondering why my account only said Pro when I logged in and was pretty confused. My Elite Pro was suppose to end on January 26, so them doing it 10 days early was not too bad for me, but I was hoping to still get a few more preowned games. My savings for the year was $257 apparently, so did get my money's worth. Looks like I am a Player now logging in yesterday.

Edited by Skorp

34 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Yeah, that's a crappy enough deal to keep me from renewing going forward.

all their money is from pre-owned. And they are killing incentive on casual preowned for me. I assume for most. I dont care about a 5 dollar coupon. I care about whenever I feel like browsing I get the 10 percent. I ended up saving 20 bucks on what of their sales from it. I saved 10 last time I went. So yeah this 5 a month isnt for me. I dont go every month to buy. 

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

There are no active offers or coupons in my account which is why I was asking.  I'm probably just looking in the wrong place, but I'm not sure where else to look.

Won't show up until the first of next month from what I've heard.   

And Quest is right, that absolutely killed any desire to casually shop for me.   Their only saving grace is they seem to be keeping the 4/$10 and 4/$20 deals constantly going now.

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Won't show up until the first of next month from what I've heard.   

And Quest is right, that absolutely killed any desire to casually shop for me.   Their only saving grace is they seem to be keeping the 4/$10 and 4/$20 deals constantly going now.

I'll keep an eye out for the coupon.

As far as their sales go, if I can get deals I will continue to buy there.  However, I definitely feel less compelled to walk into the store and look around.  The thing about having a subscription is that I fee like I need to visit the store regularly and use my discounts.  Without a subscription, I will definitely visit less.  

Dang didn't realize there's no more 10% off pre-owned. Looks like my GameStop days are over. They'll crash and burn quickly once people realize they no longer get good pre-owned game deals. That was the only reason why I still went there. 

And yea the $5 coupon thing is a joke. You can't even use it on pre-owned games. What's the f*cking point then??? All I bought from them were pre-owned games.

It seems as though everyone is put off by the lack-luster deals at GameStop going forward. I'm with you. Here's another thought... who will fill their gap if they go under? Buying new games there has never been something I like. This is mostly due to their 'open box / I gave it a sticker so it's still new' crap. But when it comes to being able to get access to inventory on a national level (store X has that game you want, we can ship it here for you), this will be a real loss for the game hunter.  I also feel that GameStop is a bit more loose in their policies, allowing us access to things that will certainly be harder to get at elsewhere (kiosks, NFR items, and posters are just a few examples). It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

3 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

It seems as though everyone is put off by the lack-luster deals at GameStop going forward. I'm with you. Here's another thought... who will fill their gap if they go under? Buying new games there has never been something I like. This is mostly due to their 'open box / I gave it a sticker so it's still new' crap. But when it comes to being able to get access to inventory on a national level (store X has that game you want, we can ship it here for you), this will be a real loss for the game hunter.  I also feel that GameStop is a bit more loose in their policies, allowing us access to things that will certainly be harder to get at elsewhere (kiosks, NFR items, and posters are just a few examples). It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

The bolded is what will keep them from going under for a while.    You have to keep in mind that guys with our mindset aren't their top target consumer (because if we were they wouldn't be throwing away cases and would have kept that discount).