IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

I've seen that dumbass rumor going around, was showed it.  There is no way the FDA let alone that company either on threat of financial ruin would peddle a vaccine to a virus like this knowing it would leave someone barren.  Some rotten anti-vax scumbag tactic clearly.  I'd agree with forcing people to take it, but it won't happen, unless the fed does it because of threats of lawsuits and financial ruin by bosses having that one crank in their employee pool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

That's like someone working at a sewage facility saying, "that incoming sludge looks safe to drink."

I would say more than half of the women I talked too said they are not getting the vaccine right away. Including my wife. I think they are all fuckin crazy.

Edited by BriGuy82
Plot twist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I would say less them half of the women I talk too said they are getting the vaccine right away. Including my wife. I think they are all fuckin crazy.

My wife will follow up the statement "I'm so sick of this, I just want it to end!!" with "that vaccine was too rushed, we don't know all of the side effects, I'm not taking it".   You can't have it both ways! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'd agree with forcing people to take it, but it won't happen, unless the fed does it because of threats of lawsuits and financial ruin by bosses having that one crank in their employee pool.

It is completely legal for employers to require you to have specific vaccinations as a condition of employment.

Though I think a more effective tactic is to authorize a stimulus payment specifically tied to getting your vaccine AND the booster shot.  (booster shot compliance can generally be pretty poor)

• Like 1

Sorry for just popping in as I haven't been paying attention here, but on topic of vaccine, I fully suspect that public schools will have it as a requirement for any students attending in person in 2021 (meaning after summer).  I don't plan to get it so I hope they don't, but I think it's 50/50.  Time will tell. 

Edited by jonebone

11 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

From what I've been told they are also expecting alot of people to not get the 2nd shot that's required after 3 weeks. 

Yeah, with all sorts of vaccines, booster compliance is a challenge.

That is why I think they should have some kind of a stimulus payment tied to getting the booster shot and completing the full course of vaccine to encourage compliance. (and employers should require it with a couple of on-site vaccination days with a mobile clinic)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Yes. We're probably going to be wearing masks for awhile yet. Probably all of 2021 if we want to be absolutely safe.

I'm not worried about being safe - in the long run. I just want to keep wearing a mask in public.

Edited by Californication
  • Haha 2

I think the plan of action for making people take the vaccine will be to make it as difficult as possible to function in society if you don't get it.

So they will probably make it compulsory for school children, if you want to get on a plane (no airline is going to risk that lawsuit), cruise ship (same deal as airlines) and maybe some companies will implement it as part of their safety policy.

That seems to be the approach they're thinking of taking here, no one is forced to get the vaccine but they won't make it easy for you if you don't get it.

• Like 3

Hah yeah join COBRA if you want to keep wearing a mask.  As soon as I can get away with it, if that means wearing some 'I got my shot(s) pin' or whatever, they're going to be relegated to the trash bin and a few saved for yard work as grass pollen combined with higher temps makes me miserable.

• Like 1