IGNORED

What are your gaming goals for 2020?

Bearcat-Doug

I've already accepted that I will never clear my backlog, but there are a few specific things I'd like to finish up before the next console generation starts.

Beat Mass Effect 3: The first is one of my favorite games of all-time, although I thought the second was a letdown story-wise. Maybe I'll play Andromeda if I really enjoy 3.

Beat Bioshock 3: This series was the opposite of Mass Effect; I liked the first game but loved the second. The third looks amazing.

The Last of Us: I'd like to play the first one soon so I have a breather before the sequel. Everything I've heard about it makes me think it's is amazing.

Gears 5, Borderlands 3, Jedi Fallen Order, and Control are also on my cleanup list for the year.

• Like 1

January 2020 and I am just now finding out how to do Friendships in Mortal Kombat II arcade 😛
I'm thinking this year I might put my sanity on the line and try to beat it. At this point I've had the Arcade1Up for about 6 months and play near daily.
I've also got nearly 300 gamerscore on Xbox Live this decade and it's barely 10:00 AM lol....lots of NBA2K20 MyCareer, Rocket League & Rare Replay

• Like 1

Get 600k in Nintendo Tetris. My current PB is 511k. I don't know if I can do it.

I would like to beat SMB with no warps and without dying. The game isn't that hard, but getting through the entire thing with no deaths is a decent challenge.

Maybe beat some other games without dying such as Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden III.

49 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Get 600k in Nintendo Tetris. My current PB is 511k. I don't know if I can do it.

I would like to beat SMB with no warps and without dying. The game isn't that hard, but getting through the entire thing with no deaths is a decent challenge.

Maybe beat some other games without dying such as Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden III.

Man I've been stuck on a rut of 420k on Tetris for what feels like forever now. Glad to see you're still on the grind, and making progress at that! It certainly gets exponentially harder as you go. Have you been messing with level 19 at all?

Editorials Team · Posted

Write up SNES games #300-151

Try to beat the roughly 20 titles within those ranks that I'm still hoping to complete.  Worst case scenario, beat 10 of them

Get through 10-20 Switch games

Continue rebuilding my original game collection

Improve my site

Implement some VGS things we've talked about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Man I've been stuck on a rut of 420k on Tetris for what feels like forever now. Glad to see you're still on the grind, and making progress at that! It certainly gets exponentially harder as you go. Have you been messing with level 19 at all?

Yeah. Occasionally I'll do level 19 starts and I can barely even make a single Tetris at that speed. 18 seems much easier after playing 19 for a while.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I'd like to break a million and roll the score in NES Donkey Kong. I've gotten over 700k before, but the game is so repetitive with only the three levels, that once I lose my first life it seems like it just goes downhill from there. I know I keep saying I need to finish the second quest of Legend of Zelda. I want to finish both quests back to back, but every time I finish the first one I seem to move onto something else. I think we did a 1 life SMB contest back in 2015. I remember beating the game with over a million points, but I think that was still only good enough for 4th or 5th place.

My gaming goal this year is more about buying rather than playing. I mean, I’ll still play a shit ton of games as per usual. I’m just planning on spending more of my disposable income on buying more games. That means less brunch, booze, eating out.  Shit like that. I feel it’s time to go apeshit on my collecting again.😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

My gaming goal this year is more about buying rather than playing. I mean, I’ll still play a shit ton of games as per usual. I’m just planning on spending more of my disposable income on buying more games. That means less brunch, booze, eating out.  Shit like that. I feel it’s time to go apeshit on my collecting again.😁

I've been thinking about doing that myself. I was going to make a collecting goals thread too, so I guess I'd better get on that. Update: thread added over in the collection discussion section!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

To beat TMNT for the first time. Which I literally just did. Limped my way to Shredder's room with every turtle on life support (what a friggin' ordeal that final corridor is!) and ended up trapping Shredder in a loop with Donatello. Feels good. Everything else is just gravy!

Also hoping to get my daughter to play a game of Super Mario Bros 2 or 3 without loosing her mind in frustration 😄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

To beat TMNT for the first time. Which I literally just did. Limped my way to Shredder's room with every turtle on life support (what a friggin' ordeal that final corridor is!) and ended up trapping Shredder in a loop with Donatello. Feels good. Everything else is just gravy!

Also hoping to get my daughter to play a game of Super Mario Bros 2 or 3 without loosing her mind in frustration 😄

SMB 3 is pretty easy and generous with extra lives so she might like that one better.

Finish Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Pokemon sword, and Wargroove. All games I started in 2019 but didn't finish. I also need to start and finish Luigi's Mansion 3, Owl Boy, Yu-Gi-Oh (the switch one), mega man 11, and probably some others I'm forgetting lol