IGNORED

Nintendo Cereal system uncut box

98ViperGTS

Occasionally you see stuff like this and I just can't but help ask, how does stuff like this survive, much less get discovered?  This really is super aweome but back in 1986/87, who at the factory would have kept an uncut box?  They made tons of specialty cereals over the years, so I doubt they kept a few prints of every box.

1 hour ago, RH said:

Occasionally you see stuff like this and I just can't but help ask, how does stuff like this survive, much less get discovered?  This really is super aweome but back in 1986/87, who at the factory would have kept an uncut box?  They made tons of specialty cereals over the years, so I doubt they kept a few prints of every box.

I don't think it's usually factory workers keeping uncut boxes, but moreso art and marketing people who have samples of the finished product to make sure everything came out as intended.  I know that's the case with a lot of the Kenner Star Wars stuff that's emerged over the years and can easily imagine it being the same across the board for folks in these positions who don't hate their jobs, have some pride in their work, etc.  There's probably a lot more of this type of stuff sitting around in somebody's dusty office or attic, forgotten for years and unlikely to be discovered with much gusto since it's generally a one in a million shot that something like this ends up as a big collectible.