IGNORED

XBox Collecting

fcgamer

1 hour ago, Alder said:

Nice! I'm honestly considering segregating my sports games from the others, cause you end up with the middle of your shelf full of white spines for Nascar, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, Madden, etc. At least for PS2, maybe for Xbox it's less of a problem, lol. Here's my shelf for Xbox, still a long way to go:

Screenshot_20210925-145145_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7aa1ecf30626ce0730c90872d940203c.jpg

Looks great. Yeah, sports games are a disaster. I'm assuming PS2 is just as bad.

Lovin' the pictures guys!! I am past the 600 something mark of the usa fullset of og stuff and was trying to get like 2 games a week but the last couple weeks have been off track from bein' busy. Started going for 360 stuff a lot over the last couple years too and have a nice sized collection at this point.. gonna have to do inventory at the start of next year. Most of mine are stored in boxes until I have the shelving room, but I put a bunch of favorites out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh yeah @Jmbarnes101whatcha last 6??

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I'm at about 360 games, so still a ways to go.  I generally skip sports games and don't care about Xbox variants so that simplifies things somewhat. This, along with the PS2, Wii, and GBA/DS are the "active" part of my collecting, that is these are the systems that local thrifts and garage sales are somewhat likely to have.

It's getting harder, though, since I only collect "in the wild" and newer systems (Xbox360 & PS3, pimarily) are starting to dominate what's available and I don't collect those.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I reached 350-400 putting alot of my effort in harder to find variants and that is what broke me on my first go around. No more variant hunting from here on out.

I did variants for NES (still missing a couple) and I decided I'm never doing it for another console again. It's way more work than fun.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I did variants for NES (still missing a couple) and I decided I'm never doing it for another console again. It's way more work than fun.

Yes, many days spent constantly checking Ebay saved searches. There are a ton for XBOX...Parellel Lines limited Edition was supposed to be kind of common, but still haven't seen one on the market. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to the Xbox Exhibition discs, does anyone here know why Volumes 6 and 7 are so much tougher to find than all the other five? It took me quite a while to acquire copies, and I only got 7 by a large bundle that had multiple sealed copies, which I do still have if anyone wants to trade.

Also, does anyone here know the reason why the NTSC US version of F1 2013 for the 360 is so tough to find? It was by far the toughest regular retail release for me to find. 

25 minutes ago, Chaos Control said:

When it comes to the Xbox Exhibition discs, does anyone here know why Volumes 6 and 7 are so much tougher to find than all the other five? It took me quite a while to acquire copies, and I only got 7 by a large bundle that had multiple sealed copies, which I do still have if anyone wants to trade.

Also, does anyone here know the reason why the NTSC US version of F1 2013 for the 360 is so tough to find? It was by far the toughest regular retail release for me to find. 

Weren't the exhibition discs pack-ins with consoles? If so, that could explain the rarity. Console sales at the end of its life span are minimal.

9 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Weren't the exhibition discs pack-ins with consoles? If so, that could explain the rarity. Console sales at the end of its life span are minimal.

I don't recall ever hearing that, and don't remember that from back in the day, but come to think of it I can't recall off the top of my head just how were they given out or distributed? I rarely ever saw them in the wild. 

Naw they weren't included that I know of, they were giving full games with the consoles, the exhibitions had skus for regular sale. 

They retailed for like 6$ each and I got the first 5 from Walmart (I think) back in the day

The magazine was doing a good job of distributing demos so maybe they have a lower print because of that? 

You could get used games towards the end of life for cheap as the demo then, so maybe overlooked?

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ConfusedCollector said:

Anyone else have an issue finding og xbox games in decent condition.  It seems like every xbox game I find is grimy or sun faded as hell.  If I stumble on a used game store that actually has a good selection in decent shape, I just pay the premium at this point.

I've had a good run recently, but yes ALOT of poor condition case/covers. Gamestop stickers have been the cause of ruin for quite a few as well...