IGNORED

XBox Collecting

fcgamer

• 1 year later...

I do, actually the original Xbox was my primary system for that generation (followed by the Gamecube). A lot of the games I have for it now are from my original purchases as I never traded that system back in, and that continued into the 360 generation. I'd say I jumped off the love train with the Xbox One though as the entire model with that system flew in the face of my entire existence as a gamer, but that doesn't eliminate the good times had. Funny enough, my entry into the original Xbox was begrudging as I didn't really care for Microsoft entering into the arena, but once they got Jet Set Radio and some other choice Sega releases I decided I'd jump in, being a big Dreamcast guy and all. I fell for the system pretty hard after playing JSRF, but like many, Halo also enchanted me and the ride kept going.

I don't have up to date pictures at the moment, but I settled on 445 games for the original Xbox and 604 for the 360, both being my primary multiplatform systems to explain that figure really. The Xbox One likely won't exceed 250 in the end if I had to guess, and I think I have about 15 games for the Series X up to this point. The picture below is probably the best shot I have and is still missing a lot of the view, but maybe I can take better ones later. 

20220802_223235.jpg

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

I do, actually the original Xbox was my primary system for that generation (followed by the Gamecube). A lot of the games I have for it now are from my original purchases as I never traded that system back in, and that continued into the 360 generation. I'd say I jumped off the love train with the Xbox One though as the entire model with that system flew in the face of my entire existence as a gamer, but that doesn't eliminate the good times had. Funny enough, my entry into the original Xbox was begrudging as I didn't really care for Microsoft entering into the arena, but once they got Jet Set Radio and some other choice Sega releases I decided I'd jump in, being a big Dreamcast guy and all. I fell for the system pretty hard after playing JSRF, but like many, Halo also enchanted me and the ride kept going.

I don't have up to date pictures at the moment, but I settled on 445 games for the original Xbox and 604 for the 360, both being my primary multiplatform systems to explain that figure really. The Xbox One likely won't exceed 250 in the end if I had to guess, and I think I have about 15 games for the Series X up to this point. The picture below is probably the best shot I have and is still missing a lot of the view, but maybe I can take better ones later. 

20220802_223235.jpg

That is awesome! My teenage years were spent playing XBOX and XBOX 360 so I am very nostalgic for both consoles. I collected OG XBOX for a few years and was just about to dive into 360 games, but I then moved - I gave up a larger home in town to own a slab rural home with land taking my game room from 500 sq ft to 120 sq ft. Sold all my Pre-N64 stuff for flash carts and had an OG console modded with the full Library. Still buying XBOX games but at a much slower pace...Among other large items, I bought a factory case of sealed Burger King games right before the house purchase so why not add a couple more boxes of games in my parents house.....I envy you greatly, good sir!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's a bundle copy - where's the rest of the bundle!?!?

Just this was all I saw. 

They did have an Xbox 360 there as well, who knows if it was what has been included with this or not, but it was an ntsc Taiwan version so I'd guess not, seeing as this one is pal 

I have a few xbox games that I've hung onto over the years, the only one of note being Outrun 2006 picked up for clearance years back at EB.

I'm a bit sad I never got around to getting Futurama, though.

360's more my thing. Not going for a set or anything, but it's been my "lazy background" collection for years. That one is fun now because the availability at thrifts is pretty high, and lots of the games that are becoming notable/valuable, are still affordable vs. other platforms.

I have a good amount that I bought sealed/when new, that I never got around to playing/opening. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand the sticker on the spine of Xbox games. I end up throwing it away for all the used games I have, even rare ones. Even in ideal cases where it's been removed perfectly and is in perfect condition, it's still bent from being originally folded in 3, and there's no way to store if properly. No way I'm sticking it to the inside or outside of the case. Best I can think of is buying transparent plastic sheets and sticking it there, but wtf.

Also the green cases are thinner than PS2 cases (at least japan/asia ones), i feel like i'm holding a cheap pc case. I feel all dirty touching xbox cases. i'm sure i've been missing out on a ton of amazing games. i went the ps2 route but i know there are some MUCH better racing games on xbox. that alone should make me change my mind at some point.

i know ps2 games have a similar sticker on top, but im just talking asia/japan games.