IGNORED

XBox Collecting

fcgamer

On 12/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, spacepup said:

@fcgamer you may remember this is the game I told you about and was asking for you to keep an eye out.  Any chance you would sell to me or let me know where I can get it?

I also just wanted to follow up on this comment once more, to clear any possible misunderstandings:

I remember on the discord chatting with someone about unlicensed PS games, I don't remember the entirety of the conversation but maybe that was the same guy who I had been chatting with about the Sega floppies I had, and maybe it was you. I remembered the name being different though, like sadiyou or satakiko or something, so I'm not even sure if it was you or even the same guy that asked about that Xbox game.

I do remember initially telling the guy when I found a daemon vector for about $100, and he wasn't interested. I paid a bit more than that for mine, so I honestly wouldn't see why the guy would want it then, if $100 on the nose was too much previously.

Edit: also at one point I had some unlicensed PS games for sale fairly cheaply but literally it had no bids on NA auctions.  😉

Edited by fcgamer

• 3 weeks later...

I was unsure of exactly what I had because all my XBOX games were in tubs. After going through everything, it seems I have amassed a chunk of duplicates. I was thinking about making a FT thread, but I am only wanting to trade XBOX for XBOX. Are there any OG collectors here that are in the same position?

6 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I was unsure of exactly what I had because all my XBOX games were in tubs. After going through everything, it seems I have amassed a chunk of duplicates. I was thinking about making a FT thread, but I am only wanting to trade XBOX for XBOX. Are there any OG collectors here that are in the same position?

I don't have many dupes but I would be interested, as well as down the line.

5 hours ago, drxandy said:

I don't have many dupes but I would be interested, as well as down the line.

Cool, I'll try to get a thread going in the next few days. Due to the sheer size of the library and the massive price cut when buying XBOX games in lots, if we ended up having a few people involved, it would be very beneficial. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just found this post and am an avid og xbox collector. Going for a full PAL set and ntsc exclusives and any other xbox oddities i can find.

Have about 200 doubles i've collected over the years, but am at about 700 titles off the list so far.

Am looking for Daemon Vector myself as well as any other non pal exclusives, especially the ltd editions (seems all the best variants were released outside the uk lol)

Got some new display cabinets, so the alphabetizing starts lol

Anyway, carry on collecting, but keep your social distance 😉spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mnbvdsa said:

Just found this post and am an avid og xbox collector. Going for a full PAL set and ntsc exclusives and any other xbox oddities i can find.

Have about 200 doubles i've collected over the years, but am at about 700 titles off the list so far.

Am looking for Daemon Vector myself as well as any other non pal exclusives, especially the ltd editions (seems all the best variants were released outside the uk lol)

Got some new display cabinets, so the alphabetizing starts lol

Anyway, carry on collecting, but keep your social distance 😉spacer.png

Looking good!

XBOX collecting can be kind of a beast. I started trying to get a full NTSC set + variants and the variants burnt me out for a while. I hope your collecting has served you better. 

1 hour ago, mnbvdsa said:

Well done for finding it and thanks for the kind words.

Some of the hardest ones i've found are the Club Football's as they were country release only in Europe.

Which do you think is the hardest ones to find?

Great collection dude, I'm a big Xbox fan myself. Might be interested in some of your doubles maybe, perhaps we can work out a trade somewhere down the line! 😉

hi guys,

Thanks for the love, misses thinks i just have a collection of 'more sh1t' lol

Managed to get some official Microsoft branded security box's a while back, put my goodies in there as can be seen in the pic. 

Hardest one to get as far as i know is the 'Pilot Test' version of Steel Battalion', as far as i know there is only 6 kicking about, me and a mate of mine have x2 of them.

I'm in the UK so if anyone wants to do any trades or needs anything sent from the UK to anywhere else, just hit me up.

Trying to add the collection to Gameye at the moment as Retrocollect has been down for months and when i'm hunting, i need a reference as with 700ish games, i can't remember what i have, especially when it comes to sports titles. Memory aint what it used to be!! Only problem i have found with Gameye is that its ntsc biased lol. What i mean is, the games name sometimes don't show the pal version, for example it has 'Indigo Prophecy' instead of the pal 'Fahrenheit'. The pricing seems a bit off too, however, its really easy to add titles.

ogxboxgames.jpg

Edited by mnbvdsa
  • Like 6

I did a little bit of Xbox collecting when I lived in Washington. Since there were so many current and former Microsoft employees in the area, I was able to buy some huge lots of CIB games for $1-2 per game. I probable have somewhere around 200 games, but haven't grabbed anything for the console in the last 6 years or so. I'd love to get back to it someday. It seems like a fun one to collect for. However, after I finish the NES set, I'm NEVER doing variants again. 😂😂😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

My latest XBOX acquisition has arrived, been eying this one for a while!

IMG20200523000204.thumb.jpg.cd70252d899c78bb6352bb82ae62bda6.jpg

This is the Asian version of the Halo 2 Ice Blue system. It's similar to the Canadian version, apart from the black jewel in the centre as opposed to the silver one in Canada.

Very happy to get hold of this, frankly I reckon it's the most beautiful OG XBOX around! 😍

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Yup, never played Xbox in my life but I'm still collecting them. Going for a full set.

Wow, that's crazy! I am currently without a console because mine broke, but I have played ALOT.

When you retire, I trust you will thank your younger self for the hours of goodness you have coming in that library.

I figured I'd snap some pics of my Xbox stuff for the thread. Lots of doubles and triples for original Xbox if anyone has a keen eye and spots something they need. I have my Xbox stuff divided in two areas of my house. Original and 360 are in the retro game room and One & Series games are in the movie room.

PXL-20210925-164022089.jpg

PXL-20210925-164031335.jpg

PXL-20210925-163646208.jpg

On a side note, organizing sports games for Xbox is an absolute nightmare. So many different series and naming conventions.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

On a side note, organizing sports games for Xbox is an absolute nightmare. So many different series and naming conventions.

Nice! I'm honestly considering segregating my sports games from the others, cause you end up with the middle of your shelf full of white spines for Nascar, NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, Madden, etc. At least for PS2, maybe for Xbox it's less of a problem, lol. Here's my shelf for Xbox, still a long way to go:

Screenshot_20210925-145145_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7aa1ecf30626ce0730c90872d940203c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1