IGNORED

Super Mario Bros 2

Foochie776

I’ve been playing this game a lot lately, trying to be able to remove it from my backlog... I’ve been playing off and on for the last 20 or so years. Just seeing if anyone out there has any advice or tips or anything. 

Im consistently making it to 5-3 on my runs. 

I also plan to keep tracking my meager process!

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Are you trying to play every level? There are warps that you can use to skip some levels if you're just trying to beat it.

Seems like people like to use the princess but I prefer Luigi. Except for that one ice level where the guys come flying at you and you have to jump and duck a bunch. Then I use Toad.

28 minutes ago, Splain said:

Are you trying to play every level? There are warps that you can use to skip some levels if you're just trying to beat it.

Seems like people like to use the princess but I prefer Luigi. Except for that one ice level where the guys come flying at you and you have to jump and duck a bunch. Then I use Toad.

Agreed. Some nice skips you can do with Luigi's high jumps, he's a fun character to use

I remember relying on Peach when I beat the game from beginning to end without warps not too long ago. She's the game's easy mode when it comes to the platforming. You should also get good at the timing for hitting cherries in the slot machines.

I fucking hate Luigi.

Events Team · Posted

Love SMB 2.  Mario and Toad are best.  I only use peach for 5-1 and some time world 4 if I'm feeling lazy.  Luigi sucks it.  His jumps are to damn loose and floaty.

Also, Mouser is one of the best bosses af all time.  A badass bomb throwing mouse with cool shades and plenty of 80s attitude. I made a t-shirt a while back...

I've been wanting to try and play through it again sometime myself. I beat it as a kid although I never cared for it back then. To me it didn't feel anything like the first game. I was expecting it to be more like the Japanese version which back then I had no idea existed and that the version we got was Doki Doki Panic with Mario characters. 

I prefer Toad, except on specific stages where the Princess can make a good long jump or two (5-1 comes to mind).

Toad has the fastest speed with pulling and digging (at a minimum use him on worlds 2 and 6). This speed let's him collect more coins for the slot machine, which means more lives!  His one weakness is a shorter jump, but that isn't a big deal because he can always do the high jump move when he really needs it.

• Like 1