IGNORED

I lost 487 dollars on Paypal due to false police report scam virtual boy repairs (GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS!)

Nes Freak

17 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

It's painful trying to decipher the plethora of spelling and grammar mistakes. Do you see all those red lines under the words you type? Try making them go away, they represent spelling mistakes.

Unless they changed it recently, the seller has to make the claim, not the buyer, FedEx will only deal with the shipper for insurance so you asked him to do something you should have done.

And I guess you saying you would insure the package is enough that he should have believed you. You're right, next time I do a $500 deal with someone across the country whom I've never met, I'll believe everything they tell me. It must be true.

Stepping back into reality, if I did such a large deal with a stranger, I don't care what they told me. I would file a claim with PayPal until they do the work to figure it out. Make the claim, send me the claim release, do whatever it is you have to do to get yourself out of this mess. As long as I'm covered either way, I'm not concerned about it. Now if there's some way I, as the buyer, can help you, let me know but if FedEx won't deal with me then I don't have a lot of options. You have to see the logic in his actions that he didn't want to allow the possibility of missing the opportunity for a PayPal claim and also being stuck with you lying about the insurance. I'm not mad at you, it's just irresponsible for you to expect him to believe a stranger.

I don't understand why you can't call up FedEx and get the money from the insurance, it's not like you're out anything. That's what insurance is for.

I'm sorry you couldn't decrypt my spelling without apostrophe's and capitals.   I'll make sure to include them this time.

It goes both ways, this isn't a one sided deal.  I don't know this guy at all.  He opened the case before i could figure out what I needed to do for the waiver.   If I gave him the waiver and he didn't close the case I would have no money and he would have nearly 1k plus 18 complete and repaired virtual boys he could sell.  One of those solder fixed VB consoles with everything but the box can get an easy 400 dollars.   So minus paypal and ebay fees he can get roughly 6350 dollars profit.   I don't make a lot of money on these repairs.   I just do it as a service for the gaming community. 

He did get 15 out of the 24 screens back.   If he wasn't so hasty I could have given him the waiver so he could have claimed his money from fedex.  Heck if the guy was reasonable and the claim failed for some reason i would have refunded my service fees for the ones that went missing.   I didn't claim the money from fedex cause hes the one with the package.

1 hour ago, Nes Freak said:

I'm sorry you couldn't decrypt my spelling without apostrophe's and capitals.   I'll make sure to include them this time.

It goes both ways, this isn't a one sided deal.  I don't know this guy at all.  He opened the case before i could figure out what I needed to do for the waiver.   If I gave him the waiver and he didn't close the case I would have no money and he would have nearly 1k plus 18 complete and repaired virtual boys he could sell.  One of those solder fixed VB consoles with everything but the box can get an easy 400 dollars.   So minus paypal and ebay fees he can get roughly 6350 dollars profit.   I don't make a lot of money on these repairs.   I just do it as a service for the gaming community. 

He did get 15 out of the 24 screens back.   If he wasn't so hasty I could have given him the waiver so he could have claimed his money from fedex.  Heck if the guy was reasonable and the claim failed for some reason i would have refunded my service fees for the ones that went missing.   I didn't claim the money from fedex cause hes the one with the package.

I had assumed that all of the units were in one package and he was just claiming they were not in there.  But the more I think about it I'm going to guess it required multiple boxes?  Could he be telling the truth in that case and a box went missing?

9 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I had assumed that all of the units were in one package and he was just claiming they were not in there.  But the more I think about it I'm going to guess it required multiple boxes?  Could he be telling the truth in that case and a box went missing?

it was all in one package.  he sent the displays only.  i believe one of two things happened.  fedex open the package to check the contents and left part of the items out by mistake due to it looking like the packaging.  or he has them all and is just lying about them missing.

Edited by Nes Freak

51 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Even though he's the one with the package, you can still claim the insurance as the shipper, especially since you've essentially refunded him for the missing products.

I would call FedEx and start a claim.

This is the only way it works. I've tried to file a claim before but they told me only the shipper can file.

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Even though he's the one with the package, you can still claim the insurance as the shipper, especially since you've essentially refunded him for the missing products.

I would call FedEx and start a claim.

i filed the claim about 3 days ago.  if  i get the money from fedex  paypal will be dropped or visa versa.  if i somehow end up with both ends  then i'll return the money to him on paypal.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, Code Monkey said:

It's painful trying to decipher the plethora of spelling and grammar mistakes. Do you see all those red lines under the words you type? Try making them go away, they represent spelling mistakes.

Unless they changed it recently, the seller has to make the claim, not the buyer, FedEx will only deal with the shipper for insurance so you asked him to do something you should have done.

And I guess you saying you would insure the package is enough that he should have believed you. You're right, next time I do a $500 deal with someone across the country whom I've never met, I'll believe everything they tell me. It must be true.

Stepping back into reality, if I did such a large deal with a stranger, I don't care what they told me. I would file a claim with PayPal until they do the work to figure it out. Make the claim, send me the claim release, do whatever it is you have to do to get yourself out of this mess. As long as I'm covered either way, I'm not concerned about it. Now if there's some way I, as the buyer, can help you, let me know but if FedEx won't deal with me then I don't have a lot of options. You have to see the logic in his actions that he didn't want to allow the possibility of missing the opportunity for a PayPal claim and also being stuck with you lying about the insurance. I'm not mad at you, it's just irresponsible for you to expect him to believe a stranger.

I don't understand why you can't call up FedEx and get the money from the insurance, it's not like you're out anything. That's what insurance is for.

Dude, you can decipher easily.

That's a low blow and the fact that you wasted time writing that whole block of text to belittle someone is not needed, nor wanted.

• Like 7

I've been getting a lot of negative feedback for what I posted in here, even with people referencing it in other threads. I'd like to take some time to explain it further.

In reference to the spelling, that wasn't helpful so I could have kept it to myself. I was trying to be helpful explaining the red lines, every misspelled word gets underlined red, it does all the work for you. All you need to do is change anything in red.

I have dealt with unhelpful sellers before, people that say they're unavailable for a few weeks or on vacation or any other excuse to try and make me stop asking them to help with an insurance claim, it's frustrating. The seller here was asking the buyer to do all of the work when it's the sole responsibility of the seller to take care of this. I think it's very irresponsible to pass that off onto the buyer.

After the buyer realized how unhelpful the seller here was, he opened a PayPal claim to make sure he got his money back if the seller continued to make up excuses and not provide the help he should have started right away. This is something any of us would have done, if you bought something and the seller was unwilling to help with the insurance process, you would call your credit card company or find some other means to ensure you get your money back from your missing items. This is what the buyer did, they contacted PayPal and got that second layer of protection. I have done this before and I immediately messaged the seller to let them know it's just in case the item doesn't show up. Once the item showed up, I closed the case and provided positive feedback. This is normal.

Now, it's unfortunate these items were lost in shipping but neither the seller nor the buyer will be out any expenses here so I don't know what this guy is complaining about, he's not out $487 at all. All he has to do is contact the shipper, provide the insurance details and he will be credited the full value of the lost items, that's what insurance is for. Why is he claiming to be out money? This should be opened and closed, no problem.

I really don't think I posted anything that negative, I'm simply pointing out it was his sole responsibility to start the insurance process and provide the details to the buyer in order to have the PayPal case dropped. He failed to do that. I also pointed out he can get all of his money back by filing an insurance claim with the shipping company. He also failed to do that.

40 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I've been getting a lot of negative feedback for what I posted in here, even with people referencing it in other threads. I'd like to take some time to explain it further.

In reference to the spelling, that wasn't helpful so I could have kept it to myself. I was trying to be helpful explaining the red lines, every misspelled word gets underlined red, it does all the work for you. All you need to do is change anything in red.

I have dealt with unhelpful sellers before, people that say they're unavailable for a few weeks or on vacation or any other excuse to try and make me stop asking them to help with an insurance claim, it's frustrating. The seller here was asking the buyer to do all of the work when it's the sole responsibility of the seller to take care of this. I think it's very irresponsible to pass that off onto the buyer.

After the buyer realized how unhelpful the seller here was, he opened a PayPal claim to make sure he got his money back if the seller continued to make up excuses and not provide the help he should have started right away. This is something any of us would have done, if you bought something and the seller was unwilling to help with the insurance process, you would call your credit card company or find some other means to ensure you get your money back from your missing items. This is what the buyer did, they contacted PayPal and got that second layer of protection. I have done this before and I immediately messaged the seller to let them know it's just in case the item doesn't show up. Once the item showed up, I closed the case and provided positive feedback. This is normal.

Now, it's unfortunate these items were lost in shipping but neither the seller nor the buyer will be out any expenses here so I don't know what this guy is complaining about, he's not out $487 at all. All he has to do is contact the shipper, provide the insurance details and he will be credited the full value of the lost items, that's what insurance is for. Why is he claiming to be out money? This should be opened and closed, no problem.

I really don't think I posted anything that negative, I'm simply pointing out it was his sole responsibility to start the insurance process and provide the details to the buyer in order to have the PayPal case dropped. He failed to do that. I also pointed out he can get all of his money back by filing an insurance claim with the shipping company. He also failed to do that.

I already started the claim for fedex 5 days ago actually.  Still no reply.  But if they do reply and actually support the issue by returning my money then i'll just drop the paypal claim.  ive run an ebay business for years and have been very fortunate not to have any major issues.  but ive never dealt with fedex before via claims.

On 12/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, Bear85 said:

I think it’s stupid that PayPal gives people 180 to return shit, that policy needs to change, it lets buyers remorse really sink in and have a longer window to return shit 

Dude, I sold my old iPhone to a buyer several years back. After 100+ days, this man files a PayPal claim cuz the phone broke and I'm thinking it's a joke. Nope, PayPal contacts me and we go back and forth. I send them a video of me putting the phone in the box and shipping it, cuz I'm not a dick head and always avoid situations like this. PayPal sees the video and decided in the man's favor. He used a phone for over 3 months, broke it and returned it TO ME for a full refund. Unbelievable.

Since then, I really try to stay away from high dollar electronics sales like that just because people can REALLY abuse it. 

2 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

I already started the claim for fedex 5 days ago actually.  Still no reply.  But if they do reply and actually support the issue by returning my money then i'll just drop the paypal claim.  ive run an ebay business for years and have been very fortunate not to have any major issues.  but ive never dealt with fedex before via claims.

I really hope it works out for you, I don't want you to lose your money.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, Code Monkey said:

I've been getting a lot of negative feedback for what I posted in here, even with people referencing it in other threads.

It wasn't that you didn't have fair points or valid criticism, it was the degrading tone you used (did you actually reread that one post before submitting?).  You also seem to be defending the accused scammer quite heavily, for some reason.  That's my 2 pennies to throw in the mix.

Sorry to hear your Fedex claim was not honored OP - is there a next step or are you SOL?

49 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

It wasn't that you didn't have fair points or valid criticism, it was the degrading tone you used (did you actually reread that one post before submitting?).  You also seem to be defending the accused scammer quite heavily, for some reason.  That's my 2 pennies to throw in the mix.

Sorry to hear your Fedex claim was not honored OP - is there a next step or are you SOL?

Oh, my bad, maybe I was saying it in my head differently than how people were imagining it. Nothing was meant to be degrading.

I'm not defending anyone, I just think you can't accuse someone of something unless you have proof. Sometimes things fall out of packages, sometimes the post office steals them. If this poor guy honestly didn't get all of his items, then the seller should work with him any way possible until he can prove otherwise. Think about it, he posted online that he lost all kinds of money before he even initiated the insurance process. Does that seem strange? It seems strange to me.

Or maybe I just assume the best in people. I really do hope it works out for everyone here but please keep the accusations to a minimum until we have some proof of what happened here and we actually know if he lost the money or not. He hasn't lost anything yet.

• Like 1

I'm sorry this happened. I think the buyer was intending to scam you. They did a smaller deal with you to build confidence, then they scammed you on a larger deal that will net them a big enough payoff to make it worthwhile. 

Unfortunately PayPal does not care and will never care about niche stuff like this. It's always going to be your evidence vs. the buyer's and if there isn't enough evidence they are likely going to side with the buyer. If you have to dispute this with PayPal it could be months of calling them and lots of time wasted. 

I really don't know what else to tell you. 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 9:19 AM, MiamiSlice said:

I'm sorry this happened. I think the buyer was intending to scam you. They did a smaller deal with you to build confidence, then they scammed you on a larger deal that will net them a big enough payoff to make it worthwhile. 

Unfortunately PayPal does not care and will never care about niche stuff like this. It's always going to be your evidence vs. the buyer's and if there isn't enough evidence they are likely going to side with the buyer. If you have to dispute this with PayPal it could be months of calling them and lots of time wasted. 

I really don't know what else to tell you. 

yeah i know...  and i thought ebay was bad.  i Did submit my police report on my end so im fighting fire with fire.  i bet a big class action lawsuit would put a stop to this.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Boosted52405 said:

yes im working on it.  aperently the place i mail it out has to take care of the claim not me.  thats why it was denied.  i really hate fedex.  usps is so much easier to do a claim.  and i would have done usps but my sister mailed it out and accidentally send it fedex instead of usps.