IGNORED

I lost 487 dollars on Paypal due to false police report scam virtual boy repairs (GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS!)

Nes Freak

this is a serious matter for anyone using paypal as a seller  ive posted this on planetVB too but i just want people to know paypal cant be trusted when faced with a claim so i suggest you close your paypal account and find some other company.

As you all know ive been fixing virtual boys for nearly 3 years now via solder fix with every one being very happy with my work. a few months ago a guy bought my repair for 6 consoles to be fixed. everything went well and he said that he had more consoles so i contacted him via email on paypal and said i can do it cheaper out side of ebay.

So he sent me another 12 consoles worth of displays (24 in all) between all the repairs i get it took me 1 and 1/2 months to fix them all and send them back. he contacted me a few days later and said 9 of the 24 displays were missing. i was very shocked to hear this cause i know for a fact i pack all 24 back in the box before i return. and of course this all happens wile im on a 5 week vacation so there was nothing i could do at that moment so i told him to file a claim with fedex as they were insured for 1200 dollars. he did.

once i got home he said he required a wavier to sign my right for the claim to him. i of course didnt know how to do that (since id never filed a claim with fedex) i didnt know if i needed a form or if i simply wrote out a paper saying the claim rights are his. once i had found out how to release my right (had to contact the post office since the internet was no help) the guy opened a claim against my paypal and said to me the fedex said it wasnt insured. wanting a full refund of 487 dollars and a 25 dollar claim (cause i had sold him a ribbon plus repair for one display that was not fixable.) i cleared up the 25 dollar claim by proving he had the replacement. it was different looking (had extra tape on it) than the rest and he sent a picture of them all to me showing some were missing.

i caught him up in a few lies one is he claimed i took 3 months when i took 1 1/2 months to do the repair. the other is he said it wasn't insured when i have the receipt showing that it was indeed insured.

this is also how i found out that paypal has a ridiculous return window for buyers of 6 months. yeah 6 freaking months!

he also contacted me to say he will drop the paypal claim if he wins the fedex. (black mail) the problem is i couldnt give him the waiver cause  he opened this case against me. if i did he will get both claims. i couldnt trust that he will close the claim once i gave his the waiver so he could claim insurance i wrote a huge report to paypal that ive never had a claim in the 16 years ive been with paypal and my ebay is 100% on feedback and that this guy is basically full of crap.

one of two things happened here either hes got them all and is lying that hes missing some just to get his money back or ive read the fedex will open and check random packages and because the displays were warped in paper towels and they look just like the packaging that it got left out by accident.

because of all this i might never do any more than 2 console per person outside of ebay. and will be closing my paypal to use another company for money. ANY SUGJECTIONS?

in the end paypal  decided in the favor of the buyer to give back my 487 dollars due to insufficient data from my side cause he submitted a police report. (which is bull crap)  the guy has gotten my service wrongfully for free which took me 1 and 1/2 months to repair 24 displays (with all the other repairs i get in between too) this is btw with a discount. (around 37.50 dollars per pair) since he had so many.

i called paypal found out he filed a police report which basically means he wins no matter what evidence i submitted. this is so incredibly corrupt!  im going to take this to social media and i'll also be filing a police report myself. maybe with a little pressure from the public i can get some justice.

Your thoughts and and suggestion would be helpful i want the way is crap is handled on paypal changed  if i can get enough publication maybe i can get justice for all sellers that use paypal.  any one can scam and file a police report and get their money back. the sellers dont stand a change at all on paypal which isnt right at all!

14560_5de0ae82a62b1.jpg

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 5

This is crazy.  No idea on any form of suggestions on how to combat this.  I will say though I had an overly excellent experience with you on this same repair.  This sounds beyond ridiculous, $487 is one thing but all the time you spent among materials etc - I really hope there is a way to fight your case.

Man, such a terrible story to hear I hate it when shit like this happens.

I would say doing your best to spread the story around social media would be a good way to begin, and yeah filing a police report too. But your target should be the fraudster himself, I doubt anyone can touch PayPal, they're just too big.

Sorry about your situation dude. 🙁

7 minutes ago, OptOut said:

But your target should be the fraudster himself, I doubt anyone can touch PayPal, they're just too big.

Yeah, they are the 800lb gorilla of online money transfers. Not sure if there is a viable alternative that enough people use.

Sorry to hear about this. ☹️

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im sorry this happened to you, it only takes one dick to spread the clap. I hope you can get some kimf of result from exposing it

I know this is a shit situation but that made me laugh. But to be on topic, fuck that guy. People like him ruin it for all of us. I hate that PayPal just automatically rolls over to people like that.

Looks like one of those guys who try to use PayPal's buyer protection to get free service/product... and it worked.

I once sold a 300+$ game on eBay. Packed in a large box with lots of padding as usual. Buyer claimed game arrived damaged. As a proof, he posted a 20*20 pixel photo of the corner of a game that looked similar. Obviously from Google Images or from another used copy he had. eBay sided with him and took my money including shipping. Months later, after several sellers kept complaining about the buyer, eBay refunded me without notice. I got lucky there.

So yeah I agree with you... you're NEVER sure your money will stay, whether you sell on eBay or outside eBay with PayPal, if you sell using the "product or service" tab you can always get screwed by buyers who just try their luck.

I think this happens more easily with US to US transactions?

I’d probably say your best course of action is the one you are already taking by limiting the amount of consoles you’ll fix for someone. This is a sucky story and it sucks extra hard because you did such a great job repairing my VB and allowing me to drop ship it to you to save me some money. 

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

1. You solicit this guy to do a deal outside of eBay which is against eBay's terms of service and user agreement, effectively giving them reason to close your account and ban you from future deals.

2. The guy contacts you to do something about his problem and you don't do anything because you're on vacation. If you're running a business,  you need to make sure someone is able to handle it while you're away. You should have had someone else contacting FedEx and working on it.

3. The guy files a PayPal claim to make sure he gets covered because he doesn't know for sure if FedEx insured the package or not and you refuse to send him the claim release until he drops the claim. But if he drops the claim, he has no proof  you'll send the release.

I have to say I would have done exactly what he did, make sure I was covered, either by FedEx or by PayPal. And if you refuse to help me get the money back from FedEx, well you can pay for it then. I really don't understand what it is you expected him to do differently.

• Wow! 1

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

1. You solicit this guy to do a deal outside of eBay which is against eBay's terms of service and user agreement, effectively giving them reason to close your account and ban you from future deals.

2. The guy contacts you to do something about his problem and you don't do anything because you're on vacation. If you're running a business,  you need to make sure someone is able to handle it while you're away. You should have had someone else contacting FedEx and working on it.

3. The guy files a PayPal claim to make sure he gets covered because he doesn't know for sure if FedEx insured the package or not and you refuse to send him the claim release until he drops the claim. But if he drops the claim, he has no proof  you'll send the release.

I have to say I would have done exactly what he did, make sure I was covered, either by FedEx or by PayPal. And if you refuse to help me get the money back from FedEx, well you can pay for it then. I really don't understand what it is you expected him to do differently.

The first deal was done on ebay for the first load so no terms were violated.  you only violate their terms if you go outside of ebay before the purchace is made. afterward you can pass emails numbers street addresses and they dont care.      he sent a second load outside of ebay cause i wanted him to have a better deal on repairs.  so instead of paying 600 plus shipping for 24 displays repaired he only payed 450 plus shipping.

i dont know what your reading but i did what i could. first i told him to file the fedex claim.  i had my sister check my work space  just for the benefit of the doubt that they some how fell out of the box wile packing them.  which they didnt. i was inconstant contact with him but there isnt much i can do 3000 miles away.  and for the record it wasnt just a vacation i was on a major photo shoot for new content for my gallery.

He knew it was insured i told him up front before he mailed them out that it will include 1200 total insurance which he paid for extra.  that was a fat lie on his part.

yeah if i didnt insure them then that understandable but in this case they were insured fully  i always insure for protection.  and i expect him to not be an arse wipe scammer thats what i expect.

Edited by Nes Freak

15 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

The first deal was done on ebay for the first load so no terms were violated.  you only violate their terms if you go outside of ebay before the purchace is made. afterward you can pass emails numbers street addresses and they dont care.      he sent a second load outside of ebay cause i wanted him to have a better deal on repairs.  so instead of paying 600 plus shipping for 24 displays repaired he only payed 450 plus shipping.

i dont know what your reading but i did what i could. first i told him to file the fedex claim.  i had my sister check my work space  just for the benefit of the doubt that they some how fell out of the box wile packing them.  which they didnt.

He knew it was insured i told him up front before he mailed them out that it will include 1200 total insurance which he paid for extra.  that was a fat lie on his part.

yeah if i didnt insure them then that understandable but in this case they were insured fully  i always insure for protection.  and i expect him to not be an arse wipe scammer thats what i expect.

It's painful trying to decipher the plethora of spelling and grammar mistakes. Do you see all those red lines under the words you type? Try making them go away, they represent spelling mistakes.

Unless they changed it recently, the seller has to make the claim, not the buyer, FedEx will only deal with the shipper for insurance so you asked him to do something you should have done.

And I guess you saying you would insure the package is enough that he should have believed you. You're right, next time I do a $500 deal with someone across the country whom I've never met, I'll believe everything they tell me. It must be true.

Stepping back into reality, if I did such a large deal with a stranger, I don't care what they told me. I would file a claim with PayPal until they do the work to figure it out. Make the claim, send me the claim release, do whatever it is you have to do to get yourself out of this mess. As long as I'm covered either way, I'm not concerned about it. Now if there's some way I, as the buyer, can help you, let me know but if FedEx won't deal with me then I don't have a lot of options. You have to see the logic in his actions that he didn't want to allow the possibility of missing the opportunity for a PayPal claim and also being stuck with you lying about the insurance. I'm not mad at you, it's just irresponsible for you to expect him to believe a stranger.

I don't understand why you can't call up FedEx and get the money from the insurance, it's not like you're out anything. That's what insurance is for.

43 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

It's painful trying to decipher the plethora of spelling and grammar mistakes. Do you see all those red lines under the words you type? Try making them go away, they represent spelling mistakes.

Unless they changed it recently, the seller has to make the claim, not the buyer, FedEx will only deal with the shipper for insurance so you asked him to do something you should have done.

And I guess you saying you would insure the package is enough that he should have believed you. You're right, next time I do a $500 deal with someone across the country whom I've never met, I'll believe everything they tell me. It must be true.

Stepping back into reality, if I did such a large deal with a stranger, I don't care what they told me. I would file a claim with PayPal until they do the work to figure it out. Make the claim, send me the claim release, do whatever it is you have to do to get yourself out of this mess. As long as I'm covered either way, I'm not concerned about it. Now if there's some way I, as the buyer, can help you, let me know but if FedEx won't deal with me then I don't have a lot of options. You have to see the logic in his actions that he didn't want to allow the possibility of missing the opportunity for a PayPal claim and also being stuck with you lying about the insurance. I'm not mad at you, it's just irresponsible for you to expect him to believe a stranger.

I don't understand why you can't call up FedEx and get the money from the insurance, it's not like you're out anything. That's what insurance is for.

Dang man, are you the other guy or something?

Edited by Boosted52405
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, CMR said:

You should make a video of yourself packing expensive orders, and applying the shipping label.  I've heard this has gotten some people out of tight spots before.  Also, learn paypal and fedex's policies so you aren't taken by surprise anymore.

Believe is or not this don’t really work that often. Paypal will diss miss it in most cases. I was told by a PayPal rep that you can just reprint another label and repackage it. 

11 hours ago, Bear85 said:

Believe is or not this don’t really work that often. Paypal will diss miss it in most cases. I was told by a PayPal rep that you can just reprint another label and repackage it. 

i guess if i whore a go pro all the way to the post office with the pakage never leaving the camera eye it would count for something.

• Like 1