IGNORED

I lost 487 dollars on Paypal due to false police report scam virtual boy repairs (GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS!)

Nes Freak

Paypal denied me again...  They didn't even have the decency to email me this time..  even with a police report of my own and evidence that this guy was blackmailing me.  i don't know what else to do at this point.  paypal nor fedex give two craps about my situation...  so from what i learned  fedex insurance is completely useless.  and paypal will always favor the buyer no matter what.  and i thought ebay was bad.  (i have won with ebay a few times on the seller end)

I'll try a few last ditch things.  Ive heard that i can sue papal for this from Armageddon Potato in the situation that paypal helped the buyer get his money back wrongfully and damages for wasting my time in the matter.   According to him i can win cause they never show up for small claims like that.  but do i dare try that?  this has been going on for months and it got me nowhere.   and sorry this keeps showing up in the feed.  i don't want to sound like i'm complaining 

but this really is a major issue with paypal for sellers!

SO please do me a favor and everyone close your accounts with paypal.   Paypal cant be trusted when it comes to scammers and with a 6 month return window basically says we like buyers not sellers.  Its impossible to win.

13 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

Paypal denied me again...  They didn't even have the decency to email me this time..  even with a police report of my own and evidence that this guy was blackmailing me.  i don't know what else to do at this point.  paypal nor fedex give two craps about my situation...  so from what i learned  fedex insurance is completely useless.  and paypal will always favor the buyer no matter what.  and i thought ebay was bad.  (i have won with ebay a few times on the seller end)

I'll try a few last ditch things.  Ive heard that i can sue papal for this from Armageddon Potato in the situation that paypal helped the buyer get his money back wrongfully and damages for wasting my time in the matter.   According to him i can win cause they never show up for small claims like that.  but do i dare try that?  this has been going on for months and it got me nowhere.   and sorry this keeps showing up in the feed.  i don't want to sound like i'm complaining 

but this really is a major issue with paypal for sellers!

SO please do me a favor and everyone close your accounts with paypal.   Paypal cant be trusted when it comes to scammers and with a 6 month return window basically says we like buyers not sellers.  Its impossible to win.

Nice little guide here. You have come this far. Time to go all the way!!

https://myradvocate.com/Your Guide to Sue Paypal in Small Claims Court

On 12/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, Nes Freak said:

yeah i know...  and i thought ebay was bad.  i Did submit my police report on my end so im fighting fire with fire.  i bet a big class action lawsuit would put a stop to this.

Class Action Lawsuits are an amalgamation of multiple individual cases grouped together into one large case. You can't initiate that process based on your single event.

Did you pay with your credit card? You can call them and claim fraud, they're usually more helpful in pulling back funds.

Your very last resort is IC3, it's a branch of USA federal government that deals specifically with online fraud. I used them in 2007 when I got scammed for an $1100 air ride suspension for my car and they sent the person a letter from the Attorney General's office, threatening next levels of action. I got my suspension pretty quickly after that.

24 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Class Action Lawsuits are an amalgamation of multiple individual cases grouped together into one large case. You can't initiate that process based on your single event.

Plus, the majority of plaintiffs get a token payment while the lawyers pocket the rest. You might get lucky to see $50.

21 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Did you pay with your credit card? You can call them and claim fraud, they're usually more helpful in pulling back funds.

Your very last resort is IC3, it's a branch of USA federal government that deals specifically with online fraud. I used them in 2007 when I got scammed for an $1100 air ride suspension for my car and they sent the person a letter from the Attorney General's office, threatening next levels of action. I got my suspension pretty quickly after that.

hmmm... ok, well that's another avenue I'll definitely look into then. thanks.   The guy used his paypal to pay me as far as i know.

Edited by Nes Freak

• The title was changed to I lost 487 dollars on Paypal due to false police report submitted by customer for missing displays virtual boy repairs
  • 1 month later...

OK  ive got some good news!  after months of battle and late police reports  and it appears all hope was lost.  i called paypal to prove i filed a police report via scan sent via their complaint email.  i needed to veify that they got the notice that police report was filed  but that it wouldn't be available for 60 days due to being backed up.

i called and a supervisor named Scott took my call.  i explained why i was calling and also reiterated my situation to him.  so he read my complaint on paypal and told me to hold.  about 5 minutes later he returned and told me he returned my lost 487 dollars.  it was nothing short of a freaking miracle in my eyes.  months of fighting and i finally connect to someone that took care of the issue in 5 minutes!  5 minutes!  let that sink in.  my faith has been restored for paypal that there are some people that arnt reading a script and actually give a crap about ones situation!

he then went on to explain that  i should have won the case to begin with and it was indeed wronged in this situation.  unfortunately the scammer still got the money, it was paypal that refunded me.  i told the guy i could kiss his hand for actually caring about my issue 😛    So Scott, you are the man!!!  More people like him need to exist.

So now that that's finished i don't need to stress about it anymore but  let this be warning to all.  scammers are out there,  so you better do as much as you can to protect yourself!    ive been recording the things i pack via camera  and no longer do over roughly 100 dollar transaction on paypal.

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 12
  • Wow! 2

On 12/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, MuNKeY said:

Eh fuck pay pal, they have me by the balls for around $300 over a completely different matter that went down a few months ago. Once I settle it I am permanently done with them.

I second this. PayPal is a pain in the ass to deal with. I lost about $100 due to PayPal fucking up and continually charging me multiple times for a subscription I had cancelled. Had to call four different times, two of the times after they I was assured they would stop the charges (then didn't) after the first couple times.

7 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

months of fighting and i finally connect to someone that took care of the issue in 5 minutes!  5 minutes!  let that sink in

This outlines my philosophy on dealing with any sort of "customer service" now; simply keep calling back until you get someone who actually fixes the problem. Anyone who tells you they cannot do the thing is a lazy jerkass who doesn't want to do their job. You just need to eventually find the person who is willing to help you.

Glad to hear you finally got some good resolution, OP

14 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

I second this. PayPal is a pain in the ass to deal with. I lost about $100 due to PayPal fucking up and continually charging me multiple times for a subscription I had cancelled. Had to call four different times, two of the times after they I was assured they would stop the charges (then didn't) after the first couple times.

This outlines my philosophy on dealing with any sort of "customer service" now; simply keep calling back until you get someone who actually fixes the problem. Anyone who tells you they cannot do the thing is a lazy jerkass who doesn't want to do their job. You just need to eventually find the person who is willing to help you.

Glad to hear you finally got some good resolution, OP

i know, tell me about it lol.  and im glad too that this is over.  he also told me they would be investigating this guy and see if he has done this before.