IGNORED

Anyone bought a game from JJ Games because of the images given? Are they, in fact, the games you receive?

RH

I am one of few who's also looking to buy a complete set of GB games, including known cartridge variants.  I went over to JJ Games to look for some rare variants and to my surprise, I found one.

Now, I know they made a post on NA that they started taking multiple photos of each NES title, but I'm curious if anyone has bought from them and found that the games did not match the images.  In my case, I just bought a GB game.  After buying it, it was still available on their site.  As an software engineer, I understand that sometimes updates might take a while to pass through a system and there's a chance my game wasn't immediately removed from their inventory.  That said, though, I'd like to hear and see if you guys have had any problems or if you've consistently found that when you've bought games and inspected the photos, you had in fact received the game that was photographed.

Thanks.

I've bought dozens of commons over the years and always received exactly what I paid for. I'd imagine that the chances of mistakes happening on more expensive games is far less than trash commons.

That being said, it's been at least 2 years since my last order, so I can't speak of recent experience.

I haven't bought from JJ Games but I would assume you'd get the pictured item or else they would get plenty of unsatisfied buyers. Out of curiosity, what happens if you try to purchase it again? I'd imagine it would stop you at a certain pint during the checkout, some sites are like that, they take some time to update their front end but when you try to checkout it will inform you that the item you want to purchase its unavailable or something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, Abelardo said:

I haven't bought from JJ Games but I would assume you'd get the pictured item or else they would get plenty of unsatisfied buyers. Out of curiosity, what happens if you try to purchase it again? I'd imagine it would stop you at a certain pint during the checkout, some sites are like that, they take some time to update their front end but when you try to checkout it will inform you that the item you want to purchase its unavailable or something along those lines.

I considered trying that but I didn't--I'll try it now.

Oh, looks like when I go to add it to the cart, it takes me to my cart, but nothings there.  Good.  Looks like I got the game. Weeeee!

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

I am curious now though what GB game and variant you found! 🙂

Yeah, no problem.  Castlevania Adventure.  The Rev-1 is quite rare and after I inspected @Splain's copy he'd found a little while ago, it looks like they just changed the (TM) to (R).  Go figure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

So TM is the first print?

I think so.  I had to compare Splain's photos.  All I know is there is definitely a first version and a Rev-1, which you can see from this photo.  I mean, obviously the revision number is different, but it was hard to spot the label difference besides that.  I think that's an (R) by the GAME BOY logo on the label.

Editorials Team · Posted

I remember buying GB Asteroids from JJ, but it was through ebay. The pic was of a grey cart and I received the black cart version. I kept it because I also needed it for my black-cart collection lol, but I had sort of sworn off JJ as a seller ever since. Sounds like maybe I need to buy directly from him.

I buy from JJ all the time. The images they put up are usually one out of the several copies they have listed in the same condition. I buy in bulk from them when I see a title with more than 10 copies of the correct mapper I need. They usually have a listing for GOOD and separate ones for ACCEPTABLE. So for any listing even with only one left, could have been originally posted with multiple copies available. 

I actually just bough about 20 carts from them recently I have not parted out for the boards yet. I will post a screen shot of the listing and a picture of every cart received so you all can see what I mean. I will do this later tonight when I am home. 

Edited by TylerBarnes

59 minutes ago, Splain said:

I remember buying GB Asteroids from JJ, but it was through ebay. The pic was of a grey cart and I received the black cart version. I kept it because I also needed it for my black-cart collection lol, but I had sort of sworn off JJ as a seller ever since. Sounds like maybe I need to buy directly from him.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

I've bought around 100 games from his eBay account and I don't always get the game pictured but I get one in the same condition. He'll often list a cartridge or label as having light scratches but I can't really see them when I get it. They're always in perfectly acceptable condition.

Yeah, I should stipulate that I'm talking about from their site.  I've noticed their sales on eBay.  I think they tend to use stock, or old photos but they've advertised that they take photos of all of their games for their site.  I think they throw stuff on eBay once it's sat in inventory for a while, so it makes sense to me that they might not manage the images as well for those sales.

As stated here are some comparison from listing to what's received. All conditions match the listing and the same sort that is pictured, but not always the exact one. In fanct I see that this was put in all the listings I have bought from them: " THE PHOTO SHOWN IS AN EXAMPLE. YOUR ITEM WILL BE SIMILAR BUT MIGHT NOT MATCH EXACTLY" 

Links to listings I bought: 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADES-OF-STEEL-NES-NINTENDO-GOOD/372403430109?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADES-OF-STEEL-NES-NINTENDO-ACCEPTABLE/292678882375?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Pics: 

D053E090-8AE9-4667-8B82-CA8C5A1986C9.jpeg

29F42DBF-4B68-419D-BC74-8BE6CF8A0EAD.jpeg

205514BF-B4E8-41F4-A043-866DFC5193E4.jpeg

55B3DF9B-AA85-4F5B-BAB1-493A1D5DDE85.jpeg

A450D688-D8C3-45AC-AD9B-21DA146CD8F9.jpeg

D0BF7016-955D-4ADE-A1EE-0DBB6A1A9223.jpeg

763F44DD-71D9-48DA-9EE3-764181D48E23.jpeg

Edited by TylerBarnes

I tried to buy a game from them a couple years back. There were several copies on Amazon and I specifically choose jjgames because they had been on na...

They cancelled my order without notice-- had triple listed a single item across three platforms and even though my order went through on Amazon they fulfilled someone else. When I tried to figure it what happened they had my thread locked. Mods refused to allow jj to respond publicly which didn't seem fair so I asked them to remove the thread.

Jj did later respond to pm which is how I know it was multiply listed, and did offer a future discount to make things right... But the whole thing felt pretty shady since they cancelled a game they had listed again a few days later for almost double(even if that was just a new copy that came in or whatever).

• 3 weeks later...