IGNORED

The Florida collection. Established. Clout. Pedigree. Recognized.

docile tapeworm

17 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

xw8iVgM.png

Nice butterfly.  Here's my current edc.

tuiuK59.jpg

9 hours ago, 8bitdontquit said:

Nice.   I've never seen a pocket hook on a butterfly.    Blade looks nice and sharp too. 

It’s not a butterfly but it’s a solid knife made right here 🇺🇸 (supposedly lol)

IMG_5425.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

It’s not a butterfly but it’s a solid knife made right here 🇺🇸 (supposedly lol)

IMG_5425.jpeg

I'm almost certain that's made in China, most if not all of CRKT knives are. That's fine if that's the case, but what I truly HATE is when companies such as CRKT try to hide that fact! Go to their webpage they have pictures of what looks like Americans hand-milling a knife... utter bullshite! Then they try to tell just how "high quality" their knives are... and they do this to of course distract you from the fact that all the manufacturing is at a country which is a direct adversary to the USA.

Screenshot-from-2023-07-02-18-58-19.png

That said, some knives still are made in the USA. Kershaw produces SOME of their knives here in the States, and they are great, you can find them at most sporting goods as well as amazon etc. Here is one of my favorites -

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Pocketknife-Sandvik-Assisted-Opening/dp/B00AU6NJLG/

Then of course, there are truly hand-made knives, which can easily be hundreds of dollars.

https://www.randallknives.com/

Anyway... pardon me for going on a bit of a rant, but I once purchased a $30-40 knife and I was certain it was made in the USA, only to find out that devious marketing hid the fact it's from China.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@avatar! ya I took that made in usa with a grain of salt. I have had a couple Kershaw leeks and they are nice. What about the spyderco knives?

In general I really like Spyderco, but you absolutely have to be careful. Some of their knives are cheaply made in China (not terrible, but definitely on the cheaper and flimsier side). Others are much higher quality and made in Japan. And they do make some great knives in the USA - as expected, pricier, but worth it if you're really interested in a high-quality knife 

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/usa-made

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

If I post FO it doesn’t move. if I post fair it moves slowly. Post prices like “oh those old things” inbox explodes. 

why doesn’t everyone understand when I say “for offer” I literally mean tell me what your willing to pay and then I’m gonna ask for like 5-10 more bucks.

Dino Riki, Mega Man 3 and Mario Bros. I'm willing to pay a dollar total. I'll save you from having to pull out a calculator and you can take the high end from your range. So, that put's us at $11.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Either way it’s time to lower the price of the CDX and move her to eBay lmao

23 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

If he lowers the price of the CD X too much, I might snatch it up 😂😂

Price drop!
I’ve got that thing listed everywhere but eBay. Lots of “that’s a great price” “good deal” but no actual cash lol

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Price drop!
I’ve got that thing listed everywhere but eBay. Lots of “that’s a great price” “good deal” but no actual cash lol

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Price drop!

People think 500$ is a great price? 😂😂😂😂

My local shop has one with two controllers for 400$ that has 1/4” of dust. Maybe I should just cop to flip on the bay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

People think 500$ is a great price? 😂😂😂😂

My local shop has one with two controllers for 400$ that has 1/4” of dust. Maybe I should just cop to flip on the bay

That’s what I’m hearing. it’s not a bad price currently. They have gone from 300 to 600+ in the last few months.

I wouldn’t say there is enough margin at 400 to be worth a flip. Good price for a collector if it’s clean and works good. Maybe worth a hold I’ll go on record they hit 1k lose within a year 😁

• Like 1