IGNORED

The Florida collection. Established. Clout. Pedigree. Recognized.

docile tapeworm

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm going to check into a few of those, would be curious on the price of maybe a 1/3 of them if it works out.  For instnace batman returns is just not good on snes, mayeb that one is worse or better, need to find out.

Can't speak for the SNES version, but the NES one is a decent beat-em-up. It's no River City Ransom, but it's not broken, the graphics are good for 8-bit, and it has some variety (Batmobile and Batski stages.) Only one player, and it's actually one of the longer beat-em-ups.

• Agree 1

Just now, RH said:

@docile tapeworm Did you try to repair RC Pro Am II, or is that not your thing?

Any clue what might be wrong with it?  Let me know your price.  I might take a gamble on it.

Hadn’t tried. It boots but the graphics are garbled. I actually got it to run correctly for about a minute by just completely drowning the pins in isopropyl and throwing it in the front loader. Seems like a connection issue but don’t quote me. Label and cart are super clean. $40 shipped.

@Tulpa I had it, and it's a pretty miserable game for Konami it was a huge slide, Batman fans only far as I can see it.  I played a few stages and the swing mechanics in a stage are janky and easy to screw up.  ENough of the stages are a deplorable flat plane brawler where you take many cheap hits because there no freedom to roam (like TMNT), and the bosses seem to connect a bit much while some of yours seem to pass through, and some enemies (stilt clowns) seem to require being shot at as you can't approach.  It's methodical to a fault.  I had it and sold it off a few months after as the fun got sucked out of the room.  The NES one seems to have freedom of motion and a bit more balance to it from a HG101 article I skimmed so far.

@docile tapeworm What did you want on it shipped just in case I figure I'd gamble on it?

And that RCP2 for $40 is a steal, easily fixed if dousing it helps.  Probably some unseen rot or unseen muck a good hard cleaning would take down, doesn't seem to be in solder reflow territory.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

The NES one seems to have freedom of motion and a bit more balance to it from a HG101 article I skimmed so far.

Yeah, it's not the best beat-em-up, but it's fine for what it is. There is a lot of room to move around, and the enemies aren't too overpowered. Plus, you're punching things as Batman. I mean, that's at least 9/10 right there. 😛

It is a long game. Most NES beat-em-ups are like 30-40 minutes, while Batman Returns is like an hour. I think only Mighty Final Fight is longer, and only if you play through as all three characters.

Edited by Tulpa