IGNORED

The Florida collection. Established. Clout. Pedigree. Recognized.

docile tapeworm

5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@darkchylde28 I feel ok letting them go. Trimming down to stuff I play and/or nostalgic for.

Happier to hear that, but hoping that there won't be any regrets down the road as a result.  I let got of a collection that was extremely precious to me a long while back for practical reasons and didn't have any issue with it at the time.  While I still don't regret the decision that I made, there's rarely a day that goes by that it doesn't hurt or haunt me a bit, especially knowing that outside of literally hitting the lottery, there's zero chance that I'd ever get any of the important stuff back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Happier to hear that, but hoping that there won't be any regrets down the road as a result.  I let got of a collection that was extremely precious to me a long while back for practical reasons and didn't have any issue with it at the time.  While I still don't regret the decision that I made, there's rarely a day that goes by that it doesn't hurt or haunt me a bit, especially knowing that outside of literally hitting the lottery, there's zero chance that I'd ever get any of the important stuff back.

I made sure I felt ok knowing I will never get these items back at current prices. I’ve not felt any sellers remorse over anything I have ever sold except one item. Turokbrage grey. I sold it for $125 probably 3-4 years ago. Should have kept that one.

It makes me smile with wonder though. I have around 100-150 nes carts still, down from 580 (at the peak) and the financial side of me said “dude keep samson and sell Batman, adventure island, ninja gaiden, double dragon, contra, mike Tyson, tmnt”….but the child in me wanted to keep those ones lol

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Agree 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, Tanooki said:

I quietly dropped it, you wouldn't like my idea of an offer. 🙂  I'd trade but slim to none I'd have a thing at this rate someone would care about.

Hey I know you’re not a fan of making offers but I just want you to know no offer is to low. I won’t get offended and I will counter politely. I used to despise FO threads. It’s just so much easier honestly, especially with the way things fluctuate. Anyway

SEGA CDX!!!! Wwwwwooooooo!!!!

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Hey I know you’re not a fan of making offers but I just want you to know no offer is to low. I won’t get offended and I will counter politely. I used to despise FO threads. It’s just so much easier honestly, especially with the way things fluctuate. Anyway

Does the CDX work?

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Hey I know you’re not a fan of making offers but I just want you to know no offer is to low. I won’t get offended and I will counter politely.

River City Ransom, and the Dogbone controller, $20 shipped. Cool, thanks! Fins up!

I'll also throw in an extra $20 for Felix. That doubles my original purchase price!

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I understand that but to give you the idea why I didn't bother, I was very very uncomfortable putting up $200 for Rescue Rangers 2 in town, but I knew it consistently flies still in the $300-330 range for the shape it's in, I held my nose and ran a 50/50 pocket cash-paypal balance mix to stomach it.

If I didn't have a local taker it appears, I'd offer a trade of fire emblem cube almost perfect with its guide, but this lady has been saving for a bit now since I've had no bites locally despite the price I set because people are idiots around here.  They'll pay full ebay at retail, but if someone dares sell private somehow 30-40% off isn't good enough. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

River City Ransom, and the Dogbone controller, $20 shipped. Cool, thanks! Fins up!

I'll also throw in an extra $20 for Felix. That doubles my original purchase price!

$200 net shipped. Let’s go Miami!

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I understand that but to give you the idea why I didn't bother, I was very very uncomfortable putting up $200 for Rescue Rangers 2 in town, but I knew it consistently flies still in the $300-330 range for the shape it's in, I held my nose and ran a 50/50 pocket cash-paypal balance mix to stomach it.

If I didn't have a local taker it appears, I'd offer a trade of fire emblem cube almost perfect with its guide, but this lady has been saving for a bit now since I've had no bites locally despite the price I set because people are idiots around here.  They'll pay full ebay at retail, but if someone dares sell private somehow 30-40% off isn't good enough. 🙂

Ya I have tried local fb groups. I usually will run around 25% of current fair market. But if someone were to offer cash at 30% off I usually take it. Anyway I feel you no bites on local groups then I’ll see members post stuff they bought on eBay or the local brick and mortar that they paid top dollar for. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by docile tapeworm

@docile tapewormYeah you're seeing it too it seems, it really never never makes sense how gamer collectors can be so utterly two timing and two faced about their purchases.  It's ok to shit all over the national chain for gouging and wanting at/above market, yet...shh they'll pay it and glory hog and glam for the cam with their find -- but damn, some local person (competitor envy?) pops the same game up 1/3 or more off -- screw 'em I'll pay full price.  I don't get it.  My Fire Emblem actively sells with the guide as a combo for months now in like shape for $320, individually since they're in such great shape like $300+50to60 parted out.  I tried $300 no bites, dropped it to $250 locally...maybe one nibble and more the same.  I made it clear on the update it was a holiday drop, it will never go lower, as honestly I would like the money but I am just fine letting it rot too on my shelf.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Mega Tank you come in trying to get a steal, I countered respectfully and you can’t be bothered to respond. C’mon man this community is a family, you gotta treat people better than that. 

Pretty sure that post was a joke...if it was a serious offer, I would assume it would've been made privately.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1