IGNORED

What are some of the most iconic, "Everyone Should Play" games... you've not played?

RH

On 4/24/2024 at 4:36 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Counter:

If you didn't "grow up playing it as a little kid, still wearing dem nostalgia goggles" you probably won't like it feel any especially strong feelings about it 😏

Pokemon red/blue came out when I was in college. I remember seeing someone playing it before class and my initial reaction was, "They're still making gameboy games?"

On 4/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, RH said:

I own Metal Gear Solid, but other than 5 minutes of the original NES Metal Gear game, I've never played a Metal Gear game.

They are high on my list though.  I definitely need to get the PS2 titles before they get too insanely priced with time.  I feel like all of those games would be right up my alley.

None of the other games are as good as the PSX MGS.

Yeah, I never played any of those games.  Fallout piqued my interest but way back in the days of Morrowind, I saw how many hours many of my casual gamer friends were spending on it and I just didn’t want to get into a game where I could see myself spending 200-400 hours in it.

This general attitude has held true since then.  I like a good, long game but eventually the idea to me just seems like to much and it becomes a personal point of diminishing returns.  I mean, I get that with any game you can stop playing whenever you want, and I am the king of unfinished games, but I at least have the hope of beating most games I start.  A MASSIVE game likes is more than I want to consider trying to get into. I think BotW is the largest open world game I ever allowed myself to get into.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, CMR said:

I've never played Skyrim.  Oblivion and Fallout 3 were enough to convince me not to bother.

Same. Put a decent amount of hours into Morrowind, just to see what everyone was all excited about, but found it really aimless and boring. Gave Oblivion a shot, but quit on that one even quicker. Consequently, Skyrim was never even a consideration for me.

Edited by cj_robot