IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Burai Fighter

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, welcome. Who is ready to RUMBLE???

We enter phase "Shooter" of the 2024 VGS NES Weekly contest round1. And for this week, we bring in BURAI FIGHTER for our skilled players to prove their ability in shoot'em ups!

The rules for this week are:

• Enter the password "KING"
  • Play till you beat the game or die the first time
  • Take your picture at the ending or pause the game as you die the first time to take it
  • Point pressing isn't allowed
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Shooter

Good luck, fighter. The fate of the universe is in your hands

The contest ends Sunday, 04/14/24 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Events Team · Posted
1st Gaia Gensouki 705,090
2nd PII 579,510
3rd NESfiend 138,330
4th mbd39 124,330
5th Jeevan 42,010
6th Dr. Morbis 38,200
7th G-type 35,070
8th Seppatoni 14,150
9th a3quit4s 4,990
10th SuperJimtendo 800
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Maybe 6 years ago I bought this game. I played it once. It sat on my shelf for the next five years, then I sold it.

is it any good? The label art always put me in the mood of section z mixed with low g man 

I jumped into it today for the first time, and I’m enjoying it. It seems challenging but also fair with how it handles power-ups.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Maybe 6 years ago I bought this game. I played it once. It sat on my shelf for the next five years, then I sold it.

is it any good? The label art always put me in the mood of section z mixed with low g man 

It's good. I like how you can shoot in any direction.

• Like 1

Almost got to the final boss on my most recent run. There were a few falling platform and these stupid robots that charge at you. They cost me my run.

But at least I got a score of 470k. Also, I've noticed that there's potentially a way to point press in level 6. I didn't want to risk my run, so instead tried to beat the boss as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 10:50 PM, docile tapeworm said:

It feels like a predecessor to Isolated Warrior in some ways. Made by the same people. For example, having the different weapons types that you upgrade independently, although the weapons system is otherwise quite different. You also collect the same sort crystals for bomb power. The screen that shows your bonus points between levels reminds me of Isolated Warrior.

• Like 2

Just got in from an out of town conference and gave this a shot. Its pretty good if you give it a few tries to get the hang of it. This is what I hoped section z would be when I bought it

20240413_194938.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1