IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

Love Balloon Fight. It's probably my favorite black box game behind Super Mario Bros. Anyway, here's my current score.

310,250. Must have been the beginning of phase 13 or 14.

372,800 in Phase 17.

487,250 in Phase 20.

BalloonFightScore3.jpg.366bce5b3762fc16c18a3605ff5b5a95.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

3 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Love Balloon Fight. It's probably my favorite black box game behind Super Mario Bros. Anyway, here's my current score.

BalloonFight.jpg.f4c91b964b7dc646507ab778e4bec87d.jpg

I think my second favorite is Kung Fu, but it is great. Best Joust on the NES.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I played the game but I suck something fierce so my score is lower than everyone’s 🤡

This isn't the first time this game has appeared in the contests so I've played it a bunch before. You can hold the B button to flap continuously.

10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

This isn't the first time this game has appeared in the contests so I've played it a bunch before. You can hold the B button to flap continuously.

My problem is probably more that I have no patience to try and play all week to improve my score. I just like the weekly contest because it gets me to play all the games that I never play. I don’t mind coming in last haha

Edited by a3quit4s

5 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

BalloonFight.jpg.f4c91b964b7dc646507ab778e4bec87d.jpg

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I think my second favorite is Kung Fu, but it is great. Best Joust on the NES.

I love balloon fight. I don’t know if I’ll get time to put up anything competitive.

For me it’s 

smb

excitebike

dkjr 

ballon fight

Kung fu

Edited by docile tapeworm

PII's MINIATURE SKINNIATURE SCOREBOARD

Earth-Something-Japanese-Word       -       487,250

P.opp-I.n I.ndefinitely       -       369,500

M.y B.alloon D.oes 39       -       339,500

Bashful Carp       -       112,250

Super Balloon-Can-Do       -       93,250

Helium Fiend       -       87,250

Separate Theater Award       -       74,500

I Squat 4 Booty       -       42,950

Skinny Balloon Animal       -       (posting instead of playing)

Balloon Butler       -       (still tryna figure out the name of the game)

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Events Helper · Posted
48 minutes ago, PII said:

PII's MINIATURE SKINNIATURE SCOREBOARD

Earth-Something-Japanese-Word       -       372,800

M.y B.alloon D.oes 39       -       339,500

P.opp-I.n I.ndefinitely       -       231,050

Bashful Carp       -       112,250

Super Balloon-Can-Do       -       93,250

Helium Fiend       -       87,250

Separate Theater Award       -       74,500

I Squat 4 Booty       -       42,950

Skinny Balloon Animal       -       (posting instead of playing)

Balloon Butler       -       (still tryna figure out the name of the game)

I'm actually ahead of the bashful carp, just haven't posted, been busy riding my bicycle kuz it's super nice outside right now, bout ready to go on a 20-30 mile bike ride after work 😉

20240320_180911.jpg.d409db189525cb6fe2c9fed7dd1ab364.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

been busy riding my bicycle kuz it's super nice outside right now, bout ready to go on a 20-30 mile bike ride after work 😉

Sweet, that's a nice looking steed.  I'ma be doing much the same soon.  🙂 

• Love 1

I'm still recovering from a cold, so there's not much going outside for me right now. Enjoy it for me too. 😆

Instead I played some more Balloon Fight and finally got to phase 20. I could do some more point pressing later on and I think I missed the bonus in one of the later bonus levels. So there's still room for improvement, but I'm not sure if it's worth the grind. But we'll see. There's still three more days to go.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, PII said:

Sweet, that's a nice looking steed.  I'ma be doing much the same soon.  🙂 

Im over 412 miles for the year, with a goal of 3k, which i think im gonna surpass by a lot.  I have a 162 mile ride and a 50 mile ride set for july and august im training for.  What kinda bike you got?  I bought the fezzari last month, have a trek marlin 5 gen 2, never ridden a road bike, the fezzari is AMAZING.

9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Im over 412 miles for the year, with a goal of 3k, which i think im gonna surpass by a lot.  I have a 162 mile ride and a 50 mile ride set for july and august im training for.  What kinda bike you got?  I bought the fezzari last month, have a trek marlin 5 gen 2, never ridden a road bike, the fezzari is AMAZING.

All very cool!  Looks and sounds like you are getting serious.  I'm currently on a Trek 700 Multitrack Hybrid that is basically a tank compared to what you're riding, but it works well for what I do which boils down to "road and trail."  I've also got a no namer that I Frankensteined and use as a single-speed trainer.  I also have a mountain bike that I haven't used much yet that is probably very cheap since I got it for next to nothing and it says "Fear Factor" on it with a picture of a Tarantula....  + a few other old fixer uppers waiting for me to get at them any day now.  That Fezzari looks slick as can be.  I used to have a pretty sweet road bike, the make/model of which escapes me now, but it would have been light enough to chuck one-handed.  Kinda wish I'd hung onto it...

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, PII said:

All very cool!  Looks and sounds like you are getting serious.  I'm currently on a Trek 700 Multitrack Hybrid that is basically a tank compared to what you're riding, but it works well for what I do which boils down to "road and trail."  I've also got a no namer that I Frankensteined and use as a single-speed trainer.  I also have a mountain bike that I haven't used much yet that is probably very cheap since I got it for next to nothing and it says "Fear Factor" on it with a picture of a Tarantula....  + a few other old fixer uppers waiting for me to get at them any day now.  That Fezzari looks slick as can be.  I used to have a pretty sweet road bike, the make/model of which escapes me now, but it would have been light enough to chuck one-handed.  Kinda wish I'd hung onto it...

The fezzari weighs 19.xx lbs, it is all carbon frame/forks and is soooooooo fast, i was doing 42.8mph down a hill and averaging 15.x mph on the paved trail i ride.  I'm gonna be going off road for the first time tomorrow on my mountain bike.  Hope i don't crash and burn 🤣