IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

Welcome to the 2nd round of the phase 1 of our 2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest! Are you ready for some RADICAL AND DANGEROUS BALLOONING???

Our competitors will have to prove their ballooning skills at Balloon Fight!!!

The rules are as follow:

• Play 1 player mode
  • Play till you reach phase 20 or lose your first life, whichever happens first
  • Take your picture at the start of phase 20 or right after losing your first life
  • Point pressing is allowed
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Arcade

May the wind be with our competitors!

The contest ends Sunday, 03/31/24 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
1st Gaia Gensouki 487,250
2nd Dr. Morbis 400,950
3rd PII 369,500
4th mbd39 339,500
5th koifish 112,250
6th Jeevan 110,500
7th SuperJimtendo 93,250
8th NESfiend 87,250
9th Seppatoni 74,500
10th G-type 67,950
11th a3quit4s 42,950
12th docile tapeworm 10,750

On 3/24/2024 at 10:16 AM, docile tapeworm said:

I like this game. Epic battle between @bertsampson and @Tablew/chairs a few years back in the tournament

was it vs play? My friend and I made up rules for head to head competition in college. Also played a pure survival round robin at PAX West a few years ago. Unfortunately I choke harder than Cleveland sports teams in PvP so I never win when it counts.

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, koifish said:

sweet, one of my favorites. I don't usually have time for contests anymore but I'm definitely in on this!

BTW, no reason I can't use 3DS virtual console version, right?

The 3DS virtual console is perfectly fine for this.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, koifish said:

was it vs play? My friend and I made up rules for head to head competition in college. Also played a pure survival round robin at PAX West a few years ago. Unfortunately I choke harder than Cleveland sports teams in PvP so I never win when it counts.

It was high score, 1 life. Those two ended up in the 400k range. I was 3rd with 265k

Edited by docile tapeworm