IGNORED

2024 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

11 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

The fezzari weighs 19.xx lbs, it is all carbon frame/forks and is soooooooo fast, i was doing 42.8mph down a hill and averaging 15.x mph on the paved trail i ride.  I'm gonna be going off road for the first time tomorrow on my mountain bike.  Hope i don't crash and burn 🤣

Nice, I am a teensy bit jelly 😉 ; hitting that kind of speed on the downhill can get a little scary if conditions/brakes/cars are not ideal, or at least that's been my experience.  Pretty much all my bikes need at least a little lookin at; I'm a little behind on that right now.  Where are you doing your 162 and your 50?

Events Helper · Posted
25 minutes ago, PII said:

Nice, I am a teensy bit jelly 😉 ; hitting that kind of speed on the downhill can get a little scary if conditions/brakes/cars are not ideal, or at least that's been my experience.  Pretty much all my bikes need at least a little lookin at; I'm a little behind on that right now.  Where are you doing your 162 and your 50?

i am on a paved trail, so no cars, just pedestrians to watch out for.......

https://www.rainride.org/

https://www.hancockflat50.com/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Wow, all the way across the state; that's cool.  I used to know this crazy "old" guy who was well into his fifties and had to live on a very small/tight budget.  He survived on a diet of rice, chicken, free bread and snickers.  The last one being what he took on bike rides.  The guy really didn't look like much but he would go on rides like 6 days a week and he frequently did these crazy bike rides that were well over 100 miles.  

Have a blast!

..and maybe report in around here after the fact and let us know how it went...

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
11 minutes ago, PII said:

Wow, all the way across the state; that's cool.  I used to know this crazy "old" guy who was well into his fifties and had to live on a very small/tight budget.  He survived on a diet of rice, chicken, free bread and snickers.  The last one being what he took on bike rides.  The guy really didn't look like much but he would go on rides like 6 days a week and he frequently did these crazy bike rides that were well over 100 miles.  

Have a blast!

..and maybe report in around here after the fact and let us know how it went...

100% will do, plan on starting a thread soon about it and anyone else who wants to partake as well.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 4:53 PM, Jeevan said:

I'm actually ahead of the bashful carp, just haven't posted, been busy riding my bicycle kuz it's super nice outside right now, bout ready to go on a 20-30 mile bike ride after work 😉

20240320_180911.jpg.d409db189525cb6fe2c9fed7dd1ab364.jpg

My go to and my backups. I don’t ride the steel frame much, but it’s fun to get out there on it from time to time. 
mom glad you are getting out there and cycling😁

image.jpg

IMG_7402.jpeg

• Like 3

• The topic was unpinned