IGNORED

Special Guest

DarkTone

I've been playing both shovel knight and enter the gungeon recently. I noticed in both games that there were crossovers / cameos in them (god of war and battletoads in shovel knight, and payday 2 in enter the gungeon) and love seeing that happen. Then I watched a super meat boy run and saw indie characters in that too. 

Was just wondering. What games have you loved with characters special guesting in others (not including smash)? Playable, NPC, whatever. 

5 hours ago, T-Pac said:

The Lolo and Lala boss fight in Kirby's Dream Land is also a neat one.

And the Bomberman boss in Star Parodier.

[T-Pac]

I've never heard of star parodier, so I Googled it. Nearly every image has Bomberman in it. I would have assumed it was HIS game haha. Is the pc engine a boss?! Nice

7 hours ago, DarkTone said:

I've never heard of star parodier, so I Googled it. Nearly every image has Bomberman in it. I would have assumed it was HIS game haha. Is the pc engine a boss?! Nice

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

Star Parodier is basically Hudson's Parodius. But unlike Konami, they don't have quite as many recognizable franchises to pump into it 😄 

Now I have to ask, is there a "Parodius"-like title/series from CAPCOM?

Never played dave the diver, but happy to see indie games get godzilla in them. While watching that trailer again, I got recommended a video for dave the diver x dredge. Never heard of that game so I checked that out too. A great way to get eyes on products are crossovers 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 6:04 PM, cj_robot said:

It was kind of trippy seeing both Spider-Man and Batman as villains in The Revenge of Shinobi.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:24 PM, The Count said:

Don't forget about Godzilla, Rambo, and Terminator as well.

I find this fascinating. Just completely rip-off a bunch of characters for your game? Haha....

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

Wait - Bombjack is in Solomon's Key!?

NES version or arcade?

[T-Pac]

Can't vouch for arcade, but yes Bombjack is in NES Solomon's Key.  He's super-hidden though.  You need to bump a specific block with your head a bunch of times to make him appear.  Catching him turns all the enemies into fairies.  Works in two rooms, I believe.

Oh, and don't forget he's also the star of the final halftime show in Tecmo Super Bowl! 🙂

Edited by rdrunner
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:
2 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Wait - Bombjack is in Solomon's Key!?

NES version or arcade?

[T-Pac]

Can't vouch for arcade, but yes Bombjack is in NES Solomon's Key.  He's super-hidden though.  You need to bump a specific block with your head a bunch of times to make him appear.  Catching him turns all the enemies into fairies.  Works in two rooms, I believe.

Oh, and don't forget he's also the star of the final halftime show in Tecmo Super Bowl! 🙂

I forgot about that one.  That Bombjack, he pops up in the darndest places!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RH said:

Cloud Strife made a cameo in Final Fantasy Tactics.  You could side-quest to get him into your party.

Not just Cloud - you encounter Aeris too while on the side quest to get him.  Lol I was so obsessed with FFVII back then.  I even got Ehrgeiz because of it.  Unlike Ehrgeiz though, Tactics was so awesome and I could pretty much play it endlessly.