IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 660/677

2 minutes ago, arnpoly said:

If we get desperate I can try grinding out Ikari Warriors. I don’t have much time currently to give it an honest go but also that hasn’t stopped me in the past. 😄

You might be the only one who can do it.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:48 PM, nerdynebraskan said:
9 4 Arkanoid -- @McBryce
8 2 Athena -- minor chatter; no commitments?
10 3 Bases Loaded -- @Daniel_Doyce
10 5 Bases Loaded IV -- @McBryce
10 5 Bill Elliott's Nascar Challenge -- NO discussion
8   Captain America and the Avengers -- some talk; no commitments?
8 5 Championship Pool -- NO discussion
10 4 Dance Aerobics -- I might try again next week
10 2 Genghis Khan -- @Gaia Gensouki
10 5 Hunt for Red October -- NO discussion
9 4 Ikari Warriors -- @arnpoly?
10 4 Kung Fu Heroes -- @scaryice?
9 5 Michael Andretti's World Grand Prix -- NO discussion
7 5 Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing -- NO discussion
9 4 Rally Bike -- minor chatter; no commitments?
10 2 Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball  -- I'm on it!
10 3 Star Force -- @BriGuy82?
9 2 Star Soldier -- NO discussion
8 4 Time Lord -- minor chatter; no commitments?
10 5 To the Earth -- NO discussion; Zapper required
10 3 Top Gun: The Second Mission -- NO discussion
7 2 Xevious -- @BriGuy82?

I just thought I would put up this list to get a sense of how things are going. I'm about halfway through the regular season of Clemens baseball. I may have time to break the Power Pad out next week and try Dance Aerobics again, but it kicked my ass in a way that the other Power Pad games didn't. If someone else wants to go for it, just say so. The only other game left on this board that I've beaten before is Captain America, which I might also try again next week. I got my ass kicked on it when I tried again last year, but I'm a little bit motivated after watching a guy on YouTube crush it in 20 minutes a few days ago.

I think we've had four different games be the very last to fall in the years that we've succeeded. L'Empereur and Mutant Virus are already down, but I think someone will have to beat the Andretti racing game and To the Earth soon to keep that streak going.

In the meantime, I'm with Bonnie Tyler. We're holding out for heroes to tackle these unclaimed games.

60 games down in BL4, so expect that one some time next week.

I have no clue when I'll be done with Arkanoid, but I have topped out at level 17 lately, which is better than the level 5 or 6 I was topping out at a week ago.

Edited by McBryce

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 656/677
  • The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 657/677
  • The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 658/677

Bases Loaded 4 completed last night. This was rough for the first 5 games but thankfully I came up with a pitching strat that made it a guarantee like the original. I never really did get the hang of hitting, so I won a lot of games 1-0.

IMG_1508.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 659/677
  • The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 660/677
17 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

All right, Bases Loaded is done. This game really captures the sheer tedium of baseball by making you play 80 boring ass games of baseball.

The special trick in the FAQ definitely works. This is the last time I'm playing this though.

IMG_0208.jpg

Games like this are more fun with two players or in small doses as a single player game.

Edited by mbd39

7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Games like this are more fun with two players or in small doses as a single player game.

I'm convinced some of those games were developed with short term playing sessions in mind and only have season/long modes because it was expected for sports games to simulate an actual sport's season.

Edited by Tulpa

On 4/28/2024 at 4:50 PM, mbd39 said:

Well, yeah, I don't think anyone is going to have an 80-game goon session of Bases Loaded. 5 games a day over about 2 weeks is all I could take.

Nice humblebrag about having a friend BTW 🙂

The end of Xevious is tough. I think I was like an inch away from completing it and I died. I screamed so loud my family thought something happened 😭. I give it a 10/10 on my anger scale for cursing to myself and wanting to snap the brittle 30 year old plastic controller in my hands.😁