IGNORED

PSA: The McRib is Back

JamesRobot

5 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I haven't seen any advertising this time around.  But it's back.  Been a week or two I think.  And it's just on the regular sandwich menu.  No signage either. 

Y02Tlur.jpg

I see they're still doing that pinching the bottom of the fry box crap and thus you only get half a box of fries, even though all their ads and menus past and present show the boxes full and the fries standing tall and proud.  I'm actually almost next door to a McDonalds and I would've killed for this kind of chance back in the good ol' days of the 80s/90s when they had Super Size.  But I'm never going there if they insist on pulling this stunt.

I mean...is wanting and getting your money's worth too much to ask?

Edited by Estil

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

We keep telling you, if you want your money's worth, go to Five Guys.

Last time I went, it was $20 for a double cheeseburger combo.  Sure it was good, but it wasn't McRib good.  That's sit down restaurant money, not fast food burger money.

• Agree 4

On 11/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, Estil said:

I see they're still doing that pinching the bottom of the fry box crap and thus you only get half a box of fries, even though all their ads and menus past and present show the boxes full and the fries standing tall and proud.  I'm actually almost next door to a McDonalds and I would've killed for this kind of chance back in the good ol' days of the 80s/90s when they had Super Size.  But I'm never going there if they insist on pulling this stunt.

I mean...is wanting and getting your money's worth too much to ask?

Can always buy 2 if the large isn't large enough.

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Last time I went, it was $20 for a double cheeseburger combo.  Sure it was good, but it wasn't McRib good.  That's sit down restaurant money, not fast food burger money.

The trick is to eat $20 worth of peanuts while you wait.

• Haha 1

Here's what I can do instead of McDonalds...I can cook a pound of ground beef on my George Foreman grill with a half a bag of these...these are the BEST fries I've know of; both grocery and restaurant alike.  Plus my local grocery even sells Rally's fries!

https://growninidaho.com/product/hand-cut-style-fries/

I mean I have always loved McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder (cheese only; I can't stand burgers with goop all over them) but if they're gonna charge all this money and only give me half a box of fries with their stupid mean trick then I'll just have the above!  I get much more food this way and it's (probably) slightly cheaper!

1 hour ago, Estil said:

I mean I have always loved McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder (cheese only; I can't stand burgers with goop all over them) but if they're gonna charge all this money and only give me half a box of fries with their stupid mean trick then I'll just have the above!  I get much more food this way and it's (probably) slightly cheaper!

I'm trying to get what you're saying about the fries boxes, but I don't quite see it. What exactly are they doing?

There are videos that show you how to cook burgers McD's style.

Even got one for the McRib.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 11/26/2023 at 7:29 PM, JamesRobot said:

3 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Five guys needs to salt their fucking burgers. For $20 I need some damn salt!

image.png.70ec31f911c9ef092ef25e9a74df2d4c.png

• Haha 3