IGNORED

Adam Johnson (1994-2023) -- neck cut and bled to death during hockey game from skate impact...

Estil

46 minutes ago, Link said:

sounds like Petgrave got knocked over?

In the video Petgrave briefly places a hand on another rival player as he kicks Johnson.

I've heard the term "collision" thrown around as well.

But if someone approaches you and places a hand on you for a split second while passing by without any other contact it's to prevent collision.  In this case it certainly looks like Petgrave used that other player to balance himself while deliberately aiming a high kick at Johnson.  It does not look like Petgrave slips.  It looks like a very deliberate kick.

Edited by PII

1 hour ago, PII said:

In the video

Do you know of a URL where can I easily view this and pass my own judgement, as a noun on the internet who never actively seeks out sporting events to watch? I expect I will agree with you and @doner24 but I also respect the opinions of the professionals in the field, and it’s hard to imagine they don’t feel for their fallen comrade - yet they don’t seem to feel Petgrave is at fault. It’s hard to know what my own “very important” [not!] opinion would be without seeing for myself, and there is so much news online with very little editorializing and no actual clear footage I could find. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Link said:

Do you know of a URL where can I easily view this and pass my own judgement, as a noun on the internet who never actively seeks out sporting events to watch? I expect I will agree with you and @doner24 but I also respect the opinions of the professionals in the field, and it’s hard to imagine they don’t feel for their fallen comrade - yet they don’t seem to feel Petgrave is at fault. It’s hard to know what my own “very important” [not!] opinion would be without seeing for myself, and there is so much news online with very little editorializing and no actual clear footage I could find. 

https://videos.marca.com/v/0_ol2gdp4e-graphic-video-former-nhl-player-adam-johnson-died-after-accidentally-cutting-his-throat-with-skate

As you already pointed out it seems that everyone on the professional side is eager to declare it an accident, but anyone who can cite visible evidence from the video to indicate a clear accident probably should.  

• Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
5 hours ago, PII said:

https://videos.marca.com/v/0_ol2gdp4e-graphic-video-former-nhl-player-adam-johnson-died-after-accidentally-cutting-his-throat-with-skate

As you already pointed out it seems that everyone on the professional side is eager to declare it an accident, but anyone who can cite visible evidence from the video to indicate a clear accident probably should.  

Nah, a load of former NHL’ers came out and said the feet kicking out was not an accident. 

On 11/1/2023 at 11:55 AM, PII said:

Where there's a will there's a way.

I think a neck guard seems to be the logical thing to apply for safety measures. Though when it comes to contact sports, there’s always the risk of general injuries, and that freakish rare event of a mortal injury from time to time.

Administrator · Posted
47 minutes ago, GPX said:

I think a neck guard seems to be the logical thing to apply for safety measures. Though when it comes to contact sports, there’s always the risk of general injuries, and that freakish rare event of a mortal injury from time to time.

My understanding is that neck guards are allowed, but optional, and supposedly uncomfortable/restrictive.

I dunno though, honestly I'd be wearin' fuckin' chainmail with people flying around with knives on their feet.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:38 PM, PII said:

If you want to see a complete accident, look up Richard Zednik.

• 2 weeks later...