IGNORED

The Pinball Thread

• 4 weeks later...

You know I already posted, but I finally did take the bullet and ordered a replacement computer.  In the end my Pinbot bucks went to another laptop, not a desktop like I had planned for since the original choice was delayed, and from the same maker too.  That said, I do love that Sonic one from TOMY it's a good distraction.

I also saw on playable display at Costco near job#2 that they have a Star Wars digital pinball on display and wow that's fun, didn't think it would be that solid.  I'd love to maybe go that route at some point with a lower price point which is possible as stocks rotate and years tick along.  It's about as big as those 2/3 zizzla pins from like 15 years ago (I had one, pirates of the carribean) and it's pretty involving in a good way.  Sure it's just emulated and simulated being a stand up, and it's using their $2/pop pins on their mobile/pc/console apps but it does have a nice presence.  I liked the table it had up based on Ep4, saw it was on sale for a dollar on my phone so I grabbed it, still fun, but loses the luster without the buttons and faux glass/table thing going.  I saw it had hacks to add all the 30 tables they have from the other 2 exterior match sets for Marvel etc.

• 3 weeks later...

❤️ pinball! In Seattle we're blessed to have a few good pinbars, and there's the NW Pinball & Arcade Expo every summer down in Tacoma. Total Nuclear Annihilation is definitely a real gem. I also really enjoy the new Godzilla pin. And of course there's some of the classics, like Fathom, Taxi, and White Water. Twilight Zone is also a fave.

I'd love to start collecting pins, but unfortunately I don't have room for any at the moment. I do have plans, also, to eventually make my own table.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to The Pinball Thread
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RH said:

Was Jaws already a pinball game?  I feel like this is a new machine on an old theme.

Fish Tales came out in 1992 that was a fishing theme.

Here's the new video Stern dropped today. I trust Keith Elwin so it should be fun. I do not own any pinball machines but maybe someday.

Administrator · Posted
9 hours ago, CT said:

Fish Tales came out in 1992 that was a fishing theme.

Here's the new video Stern dropped today. I trust Keith Elwin so it should be fun. I do not own any pinball machines but maybe someday.

Not seeing a price, nor country availability. I guess too soon. I'd love to have this in my house but between no job and probably costing a fortune, who knows if it'll ever happen.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Note to self: You cannot afford to get into Pinball.

This ^^^

And somebody needs to open a barcade near me. All of the pinball machines I have found (w/ the Pinball Map app-highly recommend btw) are busted up and unplayable.

Frustrating hobby to say the least.

2 minutes ago, CT said:

This ^^^

And somebody needs to open a barcade near me. All of the pinball machines I have found (w/ the Pinball Map app-highly recommend btw) are busted up and unplayable.

Frustrating hobby to say the least.

Pinball is one of those hobbies where you gotta buy junk and fix it. EMs are rather inexpensive if you can fix them. I miss having a pin and can't wait to move so I can get another.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...