IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tenjikuronin said:

LXmcDEp.jpg

That was about the setup of my uncle-to-be before he married my aunt, except he had a colecovision.

My aunt took my brother and I to his house to meet him and get to know him. I think we were a test to see if he was good with kids.  We played the colecovision (with Pitfall and Frogger, no less) almost the whole time.  He past the test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RH said:

That was about the setup of my uncle-to-be before he married my aunt, except he had a colecovision.

My aunt took my brother and I to his house to meet him and get to know him. I think we were a test to see if he was good with kids.  We played the colecovision (with Pitfall and Frogger, no less) almost the whole time.  He past the test.

That's basically the same setup I had with my NES as a kid. 

• Like 1

My Dad built our house and there was a phone jack in every room.  I didn’t realize it was such a luxury but I never got the long-cord-required experience, though I remember it being that way at my grand parents.  Even cupping the phone to isolate what I was saying.

We had phone jacks in the kitchen, my parents' room, and my brother's room.  I only ended up with a phone in my room once I got old enough to run the cable (first as an extension from my brother's room, then after I drilled a hole in the corner of my floor to run coax for cable and an extra outlet for my BBS line).

The kitchen had an outrageously long, twisty cord.  My fondest memories of that era were figuring out to lift the mouthpiece first so I could hold mute then lift the receiver and be able to listen in on calls without the audible noise from my lift picking it up, followed by the summer I got grounded from the phone and kept assembling successively more ridiculous and junky handsets out of old phones and parts in order to be able to talk to my girlfriend.  In regard to the latter, my mom was so impressed with the last one (wired together from literal broken junk parts, then directly wired into the line in the wall because the cord from the base didn't have a plug on it) that I barely got a dirty look and received zero extra time, yelling, etc. when I got caught.  Good times.  🤣

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Like 2