IGNORED

Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 100/100 - Complete!

Reed Rothchild

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

81gma0.jpg

I’m keeping a consistent two movies seen of the four so far. I’m trying to watch the ones I haven’t seen but I’m not quick enough 😆 

I’m currently about half way through The Bad Seed and I’m really loving it so far. So just know that at least one person is watching every movie they haven’t seen 🙂 

Out of curiosity why didn’t you list Night of the living dead? Not a big fan or do you prefer the remake? I actually prefer the remake myself but also love the original.

Editorials Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I’m keeping a consistent two movies seen of the four so far. I’m trying to watch the ones I haven’t seen but I’m not quick enough 😆 

I’m currently about half way through The Bad Seed and I’m really loving it so far. So just know that at least one person is watching every movie they haven’t seen 🙂 

Out of curiosity why didn’t you list Night of the living dead? Not a big fan or do you prefer the remake? I actually prefer the remake myself but also love the original.

I realized I've never bought the Criterion because I don't really feel compelled to watch it that often. That spoke volumes to me.

It'd be in the next hundred though, somewhere.

• Like 1

Night of the Living Dead is the only one out of that "series" I've watched and I found it super boring. I'm sure it was something unique at the time, given how many modern zombie tropes come from that movie alone - but it doesn't really seem to have anything going for it outside of those. I didn't find it particularly exciting, it just runs its course and then ends.

What I've seen of the later Romero movies does look a lot more entertaining though.

I'm not very good at old-ass horror movies, am I?

At least Rosemary's Baby is brilliant.

"Send more paramedics!"

13 hours ago, Sumez said:

What I've seen of the later Romero movies does look a lot more entertaining though.

I've never been a HUGE fan of the original Dawn of the Dead. It set the standard for actual zombie apocalypse movies (where as Night was more of a "zombies attacked, but we're finishing them off" vibe), and it had a great beginning and ending in that respect, but the middle hour of that movie has a ton of downtime that I keep fastforwarding through.

I thought the films Romero did after his 20 year hiatus from the series were a tad better (Land, Diary and Survival of the Dead.) I know I've seen Day of the Dead, but I don't remember anything about it.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 20/100

My dad was obsessed with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (and my mom with The Exorcist). I 100% grew up thinking it was based on true events. When giving a movie recommendation when I was like 6 years old he would frequently say "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!" in an ominous voice as if it was the most forbidden thing I could possible watch. Also Black Christmas is one of my very favs 🥰 It's crazy how good it is considering how early and influential it is, but I guess that's why some things become so influential.

Edited by DefaultGen