IGNORED

Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 100/100 - Complete!

Reed Rothchild

Great picks! I wasn't a huge fan of Invasion of the Body snatchers but I can't really remember why, I might have to revisit it. Suspiria is probably in my top 10 horror movies and I loved the re make. I'll be interested to see what your other Argento film is, I really like The Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Tenebrae. It can't be the first but if it's the latter I can understand you liking it a bit more than Suspiria.

We're just about to hit the 80's, where I'm guessing the bulk of the movies will sit, looking forward to seeing the picks.

• The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 31/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 34/100

I feel like I saw Poltergeist as a kid, but I'm really not sure. I want to see it again some time either way.

Creepshow I definitely watched as a kid, but the funny thing is I don't remember the framework movie at all, I just remember seeing The Raft, which on the other hand stands really clear in my memory. Maybe we only saw that one section? I'm pretty sure it was another one they showed us in school.

Edit: Oh, The Raft was from Creepshow 2? Well there you go...

Edited by Sumez

• The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 37/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 40/100

Yay, a few more movies I've watched! I figured you'd include Gremlins, since it qualifies as a horror comedy, and I put it on my list as well.

I left out Gremlins 2 however, as by that point I don't think it even relies on any horror tropes anymore, and just parodies itself instead. It's fantastic though.

EDIT: I see now you made the same distinction. High-five! 🤣

Edited by Sumez

• The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 43/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 46/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 50/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 53/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 58/100

For as much as people claim 1980s to be peak horror, 1990 really was a banger year

Hardware seems really underrated as a hard rock post apoc sci fi horror.  Small scale but big ideas.  Gotta love Lemmy and Iggy Pop cameos too.

I also prefer the 90s Dead to the 60s one.  The acting is leagues better, it feels kinda like a stage play.  I think making Barbara a Ripley style hero is has mixed results, but so cool to see Tony Todd in a rare good guy role.

Misery is solid as well.  King/Bates/Cann, you can't go wrong.

• The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 61/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 64/100
  • The title was changed to Reed's 100 Favorite Horror Films - 70/100