IGNORED

Completed the Super A'can set!

DarkKobold

Should have done would be stop dragging him back in here and left it at the first post saying sorry for not knowing it would notify.  At this rate what was a wow thread is turning into (not your fault) multiple people shitting on dave for the sport of it.  Sure at times he makes it easy, but really when is enough enough?  If you want him gone that bad, you're fed up with the posts and threads, then either coax him directly into leaving or have the staff just add a few more remaining warning points and have the board do it for you all.  Seems at this rate he was afraid to keep posting because of some implied threat of punishment if another post was made and that says a lot.  This is getting pathetic watching this shit show unravel.  Erase the dave posts and responses to it and refresh it on point or just lock the damn thread...sheesh.

I think there are TONS of better examples of stupid prices than this. While I have no interest in the Super Whatevacan and its games, the money seems better spent than similar amounts spent on games that are (much) more common or just because they are graded.

Next time he will not share his purchase or he will lie on the price to avoid all the drama.

I'd spend more energy criticising grading and how it's fucking up every hobby it touches, instead of a guy who dropped 6k on a game he had been hunting for 8 years.

Just my 2 hkd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Next time he will not share his purchase

This would be better, no need to bump a thread from back in January just to showboat a $5600 purchase. That's literally 1.5 years worth of bento box lunches for a person in my region of the world. 

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

This would be better, no need to bump a thread from back in January just to showboat a $5600 purchase. That's literally 1.5 years worth of bento box lunches for a person in my region of the world. 

Bruh you promised to stop and literally posted a baited response afterwards

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Enough.  Just drop it and move on.  Your continual negativity in this thread is completely unnecessary.  And @Tanooki we don't need you coming in to fan the flames.  Both of you just stop.

If you don't like his purchase, leave him alone and move on.  It seems you can't handle posting anymore in this thread, so please don't.

I am all in for people showing off interesting and all kinds of stuff without exception but maybe it is a good idea for anyone not to disclose the price paid? Because I noticed when someone shows something off then the responses are usually very positive like "HURRAH YOU FINALLY MADE IT GR8 STUFF M8!!!!!!" but when they say how much they paid then the discussion ALMOST ALWAYS gets very political

@Space Jockey I'm NOT fanning the flames.  He got dragged back in here and as a result of it more garbage happened that shouldn't.

That's what i was pointing out.  As a result you give me another warning and he got one too?

Is this place just turning into another Nintendoage where you have to be part of the friendly always hive mind or you find ways to erase people who don't just fall in lock step because that's how it is feeling at this rate.  Petty warnings when enough times it is not warranted.  By my guess neither of us will be here by the end of the year at this rate since it seems a little bait goes a long way.  For all I said in the last post I assumed as much would happen and this confirms it.

Administrator · Posted

We welcome alternative and dissenting opinions here at VGS, and in fact I think that makes a community better and more complex / valuable. 

What we don't welcome, are relentless attacks and derailing, which is what happened in this thread.  Don't conflate the  two and imply we only want a 'hive mind' because that is not at all the case.

As I've said before, whether you, him, or anyone else is here by the end of the year, is completely up to you and your own choices and I actually hope that we don't see more flaming and derailing, such that everyone is still here.

Now, stop derailing this thread further and if you have other comments about our handling of issues, please take them up with staff separately.

3 hours ago, BlackVega said:

I am all in for people showing off interesting and all kinds of stuff without exception but maybe it is a good idea for anyone not to disclose the price paid? Because I noticed when someone shows something off then the responses are usually very positive like "HURRAH YOU FINALLY MADE IT GR8 STUFF M8!!!!!!" but when they say how much they paid then the discussion ALMOST ALWAYS gets very political

FWIW, I never posted a price. It was still a completed eBay listing, and being one-of-a-kind, it's not very hard to track down a price. You basically have to put a 3 month moratorium on posting items like this, so they expire off eBay... except this was also "immortalized" in an article, so, basically, the chance of it flying under the radar as to what I paid was never going to happen. 

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/09/fancy-owning-the-rare-taiwanese-flop-super-acan-heres-your-chance

28 minutes ago, DarkKobold said:

FWIW, I never posted a price. It was still a completed eBay listing, and being one-of-a-kind, it's not very hard to track down a price. You basically have to put a 3 month moratorium on posting items like this, so they expire off eBay... except this was also "immortalized" in an article, so, basically, the chance of it flying under the radar as to what I paid was never going to happen. 

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/09/fancy-owning-the-rare-taiwanese-flop-super-acan-heres-your-chance

Agree, we all mostly use the same platforms to buy and sell and we all know how to find rare sales. People just need to stop being butt hurt that people have extra money to throw around on the things they want. 

ITT fcgamer and tanooki get another wrist slap for being toxic with no other repercussions and somewhere MrWunderful is telling someone “I told you so”

Wheres the dead horse gif lmao

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkKobold said:

Wow, at least you are a popular celebrity now!

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted

@DarkKobold now that you got your grail.  What are going to focus your attention on next?  Any plans on taking Rebel to a Con for people to actually experience the game in person.  I've heard of someone people who do that, take rare consoles/games to Cons to share with the community.  I'm really interested if you gave any thoughts to what you would do if you got Rebel and now that you got it, do you still feel the same about what you want to do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

@DarkKobold now that you got your grail.  What are going to focus your attention on next?  Any plans on taking Rebel to a Con for people to actually experience the game in person.  I've heard of someone people who do that, take rare consoles/games to Cons to share with the community.  I'm really interested if you gave any thoughts to what you would do if you got Rebel and now that you got it, do you still feel the same about what you want to do.

I like this!

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Once it's dumped, it'll be made available to the entire Super A'can community. I'll have more to say on that soon, but big things are coming. I honestly have barely played it myself, as I'm concerned about hurting it before the dump is made. Probably 3-4 weeks out before that is solved. I feel more like a steward of the game, than an owner at the moment. It's my fault if this copy gets lost to time, so that's sort of a burden, but one I hope to remedy quick. 

I do wonder how I'll feel about collecting moving forward, as this was #1. No game will hit bigger, emotionally. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DarkKobold said:

Also, since Rebel came in under budget, and this ended 15 minutes later, I decided to bid on this. Kinda got lost in the shuffle with how this thread went. 

Funtech.jpg

Nice! It's a shame that isn't in an operational state. I saw that the files for a different UMC dev kit got posted to a different site, but those were for Famicom IIRC