IGNORED

Movie Debate #133: Jurassic Park

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

17 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Bro... you gotta watch this movie. It probably won't hit you as hard as it hit 8 year old me, but it is fantastic. Not quite as dark as the book, but great in its own way.

I've caught clips of it on TV, but I can't stand watching movies with commercials. It looks like it's running on TNT this week so I should be able to watch it on demand without the commercials.

• Wow! 1

Check out the The Movies That Made Us episode on this, it's great. Lots of detail on how it was made and more importantly how it was almost not made.

Also one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. I didn't find out until much later the old guy is David Attenborough's brother. I guess one worked in front of the camera and the other stayed behind it.

On 8/3/2023 at 7:15 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've caught clips of it on TV, but I can't stand watching movies with commercials. It looks like it's running on TNT this week so I should be able to watch it on demand without the commercials.

bitch slap slapping GIF

Muhfucka get your ass out to a pawn shop and buy this DVD for $5. You will not regret it. 

Also... I came in to say I checked the votes and wish I could be Bearcat right now, but wasn't sure of your style of movie watching.

I, too, will NOT watch a movie on TV because of commercials. Even on Roku where they play commercials during the movies because the app is "free". FUCK THAT. 

So yeah... grab an old DVD or something, (pretty sure it's on Netflix and Prime... yes... it's available on both), grab some popcorn and rock that shit out in the dark one night. 

Or hopefully this TNT on demand thing works... but yeah... you can do it!

Edited by AirVillain
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, AirVillain said:

bitch slap slapping GIF

Muhfucka get your ass out to a pawn shop and buy this DVD for $5. You will not regret it. 

Also... I came in to say I checked the votes and wish I could be Bearcat right now, but wasn't sure of your style of movie watching.

I, too, will NOT watch a movie on TV because of commercials. Even on Roku where they play commercials during the movies because the app is "free". FUCK THAT. 

So yeah... grab an old DVD or something, (pretty sure it's on Netflix and Prime... yes... it's available on both), grab some popcorn and rock that shit out in the dark one night. 

Or hopefully this TNT on demand thing works... but yeah... you can do it!

I checked and it is on TBS on demand, so I'll have to finally watch it.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 12:55 AM, JamesRobot said:

I always liked Denver.

Fuckin harsh

https://gizmodo.com/12-cartoons-from-the-1980s-no-one-will-ever-have-nosta-1657410102

Spoiler

6) Denver the Last Dinosaur

Jesus. It's a dinosaur wearing sunglasses who skateboards and plays an electric guitar. It's The Simpsons' Poochie before Poochie ever existed. It's a cartoon about coolness and friendship created by a marketing committee of old white men who had never experienced either of them before. Apparently Denver — and man, what a cool name for a dinosaur, the capitol of Colorado is the bomb, yo — can use parts of his shell to travel in time because no one working on any level of this show gave the tiniest shit about it. And that's cool! (1988)

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Link said:

Fuckin harsh

https://gizmodo.com/12-cartoons-from-the-1980s-no-one-will-ever-have-nosta-1657410102

Hide contents

6) Denver the Last Dinosaur

Jesus. It's a dinosaur wearing sunglasses who skateboards and plays an electric guitar. It's The Simpsons' Poochie before Poochie ever existed. It's a cartoon about coolness and friendship created by a marketing committee of old white men who had never experienced either of them before. Apparently Denver — and man, what a cool name for a dinosaur, the capitol of Colorado is the bomb, yo — can use parts of his shell to travel in time because no one working on any level of this show gave the tiniest shit about it. And that's cool! (1988)

Dang, some bad cartoons on that list and a bunch I didn't remember.  I totally had a Rude Dog tshirt though.