IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Legendary Wings

BeaIank

20 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I got the delay pattern when we played and literally got third knockdown in the last second. I might have been in the 2:40s with a better pattern.

Damn. I knocked Tyson down at 1:03 the other night and then choked and got hit by one of his winking jabs.

At least I know I can do it if I keep trying.

• Wow! 1

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Damn. I knocked Tyson down at 1:03 the other night and then choked and got hit by one of his winking jabs.

At least I know I can do it if I keep trying.

Anything under 1:10 seems to give you a decent shot at it. I think the fastest I've ever gotten the first knockdown was 53 seconds.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I got Tyson down to a sliver of health at the end of round 1, guys. So close to a round 1 TKO.

I wonder how long you have to practice for the timing of the delayed punches to become easy.

For me, it wasn't too long. Once I got the timing down, it was fairly easy to do regularly. It's similar to the delayed body blows that you need to use to get a first round TKO of Mr. Sandman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

For me, it wasn't too long. Once I got the timing down, it was fairly easy to do regularly. It's similar to the delayed body blows that you need to use to get a first round TKO of Mr. Sandman.

This is getting a bit technical, but It seems like he's more quick to block sometimes than others. Like sometimes I can delay longer to deal extra damage. Other times, he'll keep blocking my second punch even when I barely delay at all. It's not consistent and makes it tough to get a feel for the timing. I thought it might be based on how quickly I dodge his uppercuts but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

This is getting a bit technical, but It seems like he's more quick to block sometimes than others. Like sometimes I can delay longer to deal extra damage. Other times, he'll keep blocking my second punch even when I barely delay at all. It's not consistent and makes it tough to get a feel for the timing. I thought it might be based on how quickly I dodge his uppercuts but I'm not sure.

I throw the first punch, count to one as soon as it lands and throw the second. That's always worked for me.

On 7/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, NESfiend said:

Until Doug mentioned it, I had no idea that a 1st round tyson victory was even possible. I usually get him down once, then try to get him down to his last little smidgen of health and run clock out. Since Doug did it, I have been meaning to find video of someone round 1ing him. I gotta see that 

Did you know that you can KO Tyson too? You have to knock him down twice in all three rounds. If you have full energy on the last knockdown, he won't get up for the 10 count guaranteed. If you get all six knockdowns and have taken damage, it can still happen randomly.

spacer.png

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you know that you can KO Tyson too? You have to knock him down twice in all three rounds. If you have full energy on the last knockdown, he won't get up for the 10 count guaranteed. If you get all six knockdowns and have taken damage, it can still happen randomly.

spacer.png

I was surprised when I KO'd Super Macho Man early in round 2 when playing for the contest. It was because I had  full health after knocking him down four times.