IGNORED

Ever see anyone led away in cuffs?

fcgamer

Oh man, I'm not sure how I forgot about this one.

I lived in a slightly shady part of the city in my first house and these 2 gangster kids lived next door with their mom. It was a row of townhouses and the insulation between the walls was not so great. I was lying in bed at 7am one morning, just about to get up for work and heard this loud BANG next door, then, "POLICE! POLICE! GET DOWN!" I jumped out of bed and looked out the window to see multiple SWAT officers with rifles pointed at the windows, full tactical and night vision outfits. I watched this for about an hour, some guy went in with a ladder at one point, then they pulled every bolt out of the guy's car and laid all the car parts all around the driveway to check every piece.

A Suburban pulled up with cops hanging off the sides and about 10 cops jumped out and a separate K-9 unit behind that. They took the 2 kids away in handcuffs and I never saw them again after that. I was on the condo board there so I asked the president what the deal was and he said he spoke with the mother to ask her the details and she told him it was a mistake and they accidentally had the wrong house. Ya............sure they did.

I once cuffed someone.

I worked as a security guard for a friend of my dad's one summer in his warehouse. I was basically watching the cameras while another dude who was the full time guard patrolled the area with a huge doberman. Dog was fucking mean as hell. Nothing happened most of the time, but one day dog guy radios me to call the police and then come to him with extra cuffs. Dog's barking its head off over the radio.

When I get there, he's cornered two burglars with the dog. One already had his pants torn to shreds where the dog got him. We cuffed them both and turned them over to police.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Wow! 3

Daily occurrence around here if you leave your house...

When you grow up around crime (murder, vandalism, theft, etc,) it becomes commonplace and you hardly notice it anymore.  Some ppl cant believe that somebody starts shooting a gun near by and I dont even care to look towards the shooter, or take cover, but its just because its become somewhat normal I guess...

Well.... Been cuffed/jailed a couple times while drunk (all 12-22 years ago). Some "my" fault, others not. Part of the reason I don't drink anymore, though. 🤷‍♂️

*Slammed on the hood of a police car two blocks from my house while my ex walked away on New Years Eve. We were arguing about talking to some other girl or something stupid and they thought I was chasing her. We were literally walking home, but she was just ahead of me "storming off". She was pissed at me so didn't bother to explain to police officers that we were in fact together and shit was cool. I was literally on the hood of the car yelling her name (redacted) "Hooooooonnnnneeeeeyyyyyy!!! Honey! Honeeeeyyyyyyyeeeeee!!!!!! Please! Just explain to them.... we are walking home. HOOOONENNNNNEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!" 😆

She walked back to MY place, and I went to jail. Came home the next day and she was sleeping in my bed. 🫠

*Tackled in a field ACROSS from my house trying to get home. I was "not supposed to be in the school yard at 3am". "Excuse me police officer, but that house right there is where I LIVE, I'm literally walking home and am about 50ft from my house. Please let me walk home." Nope.... Jail.

*Main Street Brawl - Some guy sucker punched my friend on the way out of a bar so I came out with a flying knee and proceeded to brawl outside the bar on Main St. Guy's blood all over my shirt I rage ripped it off and threw it at him/his friends during the brawl. No shirt for jail.

*Can't find money in my wallet at 7-11 in University? Jail.

Course.... when I say "jail" I mean the drunk tank. But it can be sketchy because there's one place I went where they put EVERYONE in the same room, and that was kinda scary. 

*One of my favourite cuffing stories didn't actually involve going to jail, though, so that's why I like this one:

One New Years Eve 2 of my friends and I wanted to smoke bongs, but as teenagers, couldn't do it inside our buddies parents' house so we left and went to an open parking garage for some apartments nearby...  Well apparently we were being too loud because someone called the cops on us. When they rolled up, one of our buddies (B) ran around the corner from the other two of us to get rid of the weed. The cops were walking up to me and the other (A) stayed with me. We had the bong... so as the cops walked up to us we didn't know what to do so we dropped it.... but then kicked it. But, instead of going anywhere it just spun around a bunch and landed like 6 ft away from us. 🤣

So the cops picked up the bong and ask what we're doing. "Well... we're out here just hanging out....?" They asked where our buddy went and threw the bong in a nearby garbage can. "We don't know." and grill us some some about what's going on. They said they're bringing out the dogs to get him so he better come out. Another cop car pulls up and we hear barking.  😳

They cuff me and buddy A and put us in the back of the first cop car. So we're like... "oh... we're fucked." 

My buddy walks out and they cuff him and take him and put him in the other car. Well... they find his weed but it was in multiple little bags so they thought he was "selling" it. They rail him and question him more keeping us separate the whole time. 

So they ask us questions... ask him questions.... ask us again because we're like "no, he just had different bags because that's all he could buy, we're not buying it, we're just normal friends, no transaction here." .... then we hear something come over the radio about a drunk driver and me and buddy A look at each other and are like.... well fuck.... camman!!! So the cops actually let us go, no ticket.... nothing. They just split and took off after the drunk driver, we assume. 

We all 3 went back to our OTHER friends house (literally 1 block away) and slept for the night. Then next day on the way to hangover breakfast, we stopped at the parking garage and looked in the garbage can where the cops threw the bong. The bong was still there. We grab it.... on our way to the restaurant our buddy is like "It's still packed!!!!" and he smoked it. 🤣

We never actually saw dogs so to this day I'm not sure if it was a speaker or an audio recording or something.... 

TLDR: Got interrogated by cops for drug trafficking, cuffed, put in the back of a cop car for smoking weed in an open parking garage while cops did the same to my friend eventually just to let us go to chase a drunk driver. 

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Obviously 😆

Haha, well... in the "grand scheme of things" it was pretty cool. We argued about stupid shit all the time while we were drinking. A few times if we were at a party with lots of people, I might chat with a girl or two as there are people around who are females.... this never went well. 

So in this particular occasion  we left the party arguing about me talking to another girl and walked past some cops. 

The house party was around the corner (or you could cut the corner by going through the aforementioned schoolyard 🤣) literally 600m from my house. Cops were half way, so we were just heading home and she was 6ft ahead of me. I got grabbed, she kept going. She was probably at my place by the time was was in the car. Done. 

will arnett isla fischer GIF

Wasn't quite that bad, haha. 🤣

And to be fair I was only "yelling" because the cops aggressively grabbed me and pinned me to the car and she was getting further and further away. Initially I tried to say "Oh no... She's my gf, I'm not chasing this random person, we're heading home just around the corner." SLAM BAM WHAMMY! 

She said "I didn't think they would actually arrest you and keep you so I kept going."    😳

Edited by AirVillain
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Well.... Been cuffed/jailed a couple times while drunk (all 12-22 years ago). Some "my" fault, others not. Part of the reason I don't drink anymore, though. 🤷‍♂️

*Slammed on the hood of a police car two blocks from my house while my ex walked away on New Years Eve. We were arguing about talking to some other girl or something stupid and they thought I was chasing her. We were literally walking home, but she was just ahead of me "storming off". She was pissed at me so didn't bother to explain to police officers that we were in fact together and shit was cool. I was literally on the hood of the car yelling her name (redacted) "Hooooooonnnnneeeeeyyyyyy!!! Honey! Honeeeeyyyyyyyeeeeee!!!!!! Please! Just explain to them.... we are walking home. HOOOONENNNNNEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!" 😆

She walked back to MY place, and I went to jail. Came home the next day and she was sleeping in my bed. 🫠

*Tackled in a field ACROSS from my house trying to get home. I was "not supposed to be in the school yard at 3am". "Excuse me police officer, but that house right there is where I LIVE, I'm literally walking home and am about 50ft from my house. Please let me walk home." Nope.... Jail.

*Main Street Brawl - Some guy sucker punched my friend on the way out of a bar so I came out with a flying knee and proceeded to brawl outside the bar on Main St. Guy's blood all over my shirt I rage ripped it off and threw it at him/his friends during the brawl. No shirt for jail.

*Can't find money in my wallet at 7-11 in University? Jail.

Course.... when I say "jail" I mean the drunk tank. But it can be sketchy because there's one place I went where they put EVERYONE in the same room, and that was kinda scary. 

*One of my favourite cuffing stories didn't actually involve going to jail, though, so that's why I like this one:

One New Years Eve 2 of my friends and I wanted to smoke bongs, but as teenagers, couldn't do it inside our buddies parents' house so we left and went to an open parking garage for some apartments nearby...  Well apparently we were being too loud because someone called the cops on us. When they rolled up, one of our buddies (B) ran around the corner from the other two of us to get rid of the weed. The cops were walking up to me and the other (A) stayed with me. We had the bong... so as the cops walked up to us we didn't know what to do so we dropped it.... but then kicked it. But, instead of going anywhere it just spun around a bunch and landed like 6 ft away from us. 🤣

So the cops picked up the bong and ask what we're doing. "Well... we're out here just hanging out....?" They asked where our buddy went and threw the bong in a nearby garbage can. "We don't know." and grill us some some about what's going on. They said they're bringing out the dogs to get him so he better come out. Another cop car pulls up and we hear barking.  😳

They cuff me and buddy A and put us in the back of the first cop car. So we're like... "oh... we're fucked." 

My buddy walks out and they cuff him and take him and put him in the other car. Well... they find his weed but it was in multiple little bags so they thought he was "selling" it. They rail him and question him more keeping us separate the whole time. 

So they ask us questions... ask him questions.... ask us again because we're like "no, he just had different bags because that's all he could buy, we're not buying it, we're just normal friends, no transaction here." .... then we hear something come over the radio about a drunk driver and me and buddy A look at each other and are like.... well fuck.... camman!!! So the cops actually let us go, no ticket.... nothing. They just split and took off after the drunk driver, we assume. 

We all 3 went back to our OTHER friends house (literally 1 block away) and slept for the night. Then next day on the way to hangover breakfast, we stopped at the parking garage and looked in the garbage can where the cops threw the bong. The bong was still there. We grab it.... on our way to the restaurant our buddy is like "It's still packed!!!!" and he smoked it. 🤣

We never actually saw dogs so to this day I'm not sure if it was a speaker or an audio recording or something.... 

TLDR: Got interrogated by cops for drug trafficking, cuffed, put in the back of a cop car for smoking weed in an open parking garage while cops did the same to my friend eventually just to let us go to chase a drunk driver. 

Now this guy partied.  I’m pretty surprised based on my college years and 20s experience that there’s not at least a few more stories of shenanigans around here.  
Everything from literally fighting Nazis to falling down a ravine in order to drunkenly ford the river.

Edited by Hammerfestus

40 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Now this guy partied.  I’m pretty surprised based on my college years and 20s experience that there’s not at least a few more stories of shenanigans around here.  
Everything from literally fighting Nazis to falling down a ravine in order to drunkenly ford the river.

Yeah... there's lots of "stories".  

I mean, I had a lot of fun but I'm not proud of a lot of the situations I ended up in or the time/money/effort I wasted. At least I learned my lesson sooner than later and was able to stop drinking and being an idiot is the way I (have to) look at it. 🤷‍♂️

.... one time in University I was walking home with one of my friends and you had to cross a bridge over a river. I thought it would be "funny" if I picked her up and "pretended" to "throw her over".... well... I grabbed her up in my arms and dangled her over the edge (it was a good 10-12 ft to the relatively deep slow moving water, basically still).... My feet slipped and she dropped about a foot. I was able to regain my footing and hold onto her. 

Pretty scary. We laughed about it at the time the rest of the way after the initial scare.... but that probably wasn't the greatest idea.

That's a "fun" story. 🙈

Edited by AirVillain

10 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Yeah... there's lots of "stories".  

I mean, I had a lot of fun but I'm not proud of a lot of the situations I ended up in or the time/money/effort I wasted. At least I learned my lesson sooner than later and was able to stop drinking and being an idiot is the way I (have to) look at it. 🤷‍♂️

Oh for sure.  You get yourself into a lot of not good situations.  My SO and I both also liked to drink a lot over the nearly decade that we were DINKs. Nowadays I hardly drink at all.  Just makes me tired and hurts my tummy.

When we lived in our previous residence, and I was on the way back from its nearest grocery store (the path to it is on a, let's just say a bit rough around the edges part of town).  I did in fact see a cop with his gun drawn on a suspect yelling at him to freeze.  No I was not gonna stick around and watch him cuff him.  I just went right on my way.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:38 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

Daily occurrence around here if you leave your house...

When you grow up around crime (murder, vandalism, theft, etc,) it becomes commonplace and you hardly notice it anymore.  Some ppl cant believe that somebody starts shooting a gun near by and I dont even care to look towards the shooter, or take cover, but its just because its become somewhat normal I guess...

Surely you now live somewhere much safer...right?

On 7/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, Estil said:

Surely you now live somewhere much safer...right?

Same city, but it goes from the nice areas out west where I live, to the most dangerous city in america real quick.  Just gotta be smart n keep your head on a swivel, cuz criminals can travel, and they come out west too.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Oh for sure.  You get yourself into a lot of not good situations.  My SO and I both also liked to drink a lot over the nearly decade that we were DINKs. Nowadays I hardly drink at all.  Just makes me tired and hurts my tummy.

Yes exactly. Stupid situations that there's really no reason being in at all. 🤷‍♂️ There's really not much good that comes from drinking.

I smoke much more weed now. It's a much better feeling to begin with and no hangover. 😎👍

On 7/17/2023 at 3:05 AM, DarkTone said:

Pretty much, haha. I mean... when you think you're "right", this is 100% what it feels like, haha. 

Edited by AirVillain