IGNORED

Wreckage of submersible Titan found.

Tabonga

1 hour ago, CMR said:

Apparently it would have happened so fast they all would have died instantly.  Their nerves wouldn't even have had time to send the sensation to their brains.

So they had no idea what was coming?  No "OH SHIT!!!" sort of moment?

You guys see this one?  It was posted 10 months ago and it's an interview of the CEO as well as a tour of the submersible.  Man, if that's not a tin can of "nope!", I don't know what was.

The thing doesn't have seats (well, other than the toilet) and it's super bear bones.  That doesn't necessarily mean anything ,but if you're skimping on the inside, what did you short-change on the outside?

He also brags about "tried and tested" off the shelf parts.  Yes, that can be a good thing, but when you take the tried-and-tested into unexplored territories for that equipment, you're going to get unexpected results.

I feel bad for all of the people aboard and their families but man, this is like the worst example of "a fool and his money are soon parted".

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

You guys see this one?  It was posted 10 months ago and it's an interview of the CEO as well as a tour of the submersible.  Man, if that's not a tin can of "nope!", I don't know what was.

The thing doesn't have seats (well, other than the toilet) and it's super bear bones.  That doesn't necessarily mean anything ,but if you're skimping on the inside, what did you short-change on the outside?

He also brags about "tried and tested" off the shelf parts.  Yes, that can be a good thing, but when you take the tried-and-tested into unexplored territories for that equipment, you're going to get unexpected results.

I feel bad for all of the people aboard and their families but man, this is like the worst example of "a fool and his money are soon parted".

He is obviously a devotee of P.T. Barnum....... (No "Mighty Egress" though....)

22 hours ago, Estil said:

So they had no idea what was coming?  No "OH SHIT!!!" sort of moment?

52 minutes ago, CMR said:

Here's a video I saw on it.

I don't really know, but most things make noises different than normal under stress.  I read that they had acoustic sensors that were criticized as being about as useful as telling an airplane pilot that the engine was on fire.  Still, the people on that thing who had done multiple dives would have heard different noises and viewed those sensors.  They could have had at least a thought like - "hey that sounds different" before they all went splat.

Saw this on another site.

image.png.ebd7c2f240ad4638d639be34f8e689