IGNORED

The new internet sucks

DefaultGen

Social Team · Posted
52 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You're good. It was an alt account for a user with a history. He's been banned. 

Imagine a playful and friendly-looking dog floating in the vastness of space, surrounded by stars and galaxies. The dog is wearing a space suit, complete with a helmet that allows you to see its adorable face. In one paw, it holds a hammer, which appears to be floating weightlessly in space. On the head of the hammer, the word "BAN" is written in bold, capital letters.

The dog's expression is cheerful, as if it's enjoying its cosmic adventure. Its tail is wagging, and its eyes are bright and filled with curiosity. Behind the dog, you can see the breathtaking beauty of the universe, with colorful nebulas and distant celestial objects scattered across the background.

5 hours ago, Splain said:

That would be effective if and ONLY if all moderators on the entire site are willing to permanently walk away from Reddit, as well as any potential wannabe moderators. If those same moderators end up having to clean up that mess, then it's punishing the volunteer moderators and not Reddit.

Agreed, but it sounds like enough of them leverage the third-party APIs everyone's concerned about losing that it might be worth cleaning up the mess if it means their job won't be harder in the future.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Why does Eek remind me of Courage?

courage-the-coward-dog-step-by-step-draw

In a phrase, nervous smile. They are both helpful and happy, positive, albeit anxious af family pet characters from mid-late 90s, with unique indie attitude, but in a friendly way unlike a lot of the XTREME!! attitude on show in the superhero cartoons at the time. 

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Imagine a playful and friendly-looking dog floating in the vastness of space, surrounded by stars and galaxies. The dog is wearing a space suit, complete with a helmet that allows you to see its adorable face. In one paw, it holds a hammer, which appears to be floating weightlessly in space. On the head of the hammer, the word "BAN" is written in bold, capital letters.

The dog's expression is cheerful, as if it's enjoying its cosmic adventure. Its tail is wagging, and its eyes are bright and filled with curiosity. Behind the dog, you can see the breathtaking beauty of the universe, with colorful nebulas and distant celestial objects scattered across the background.

It's like I'm there! 

9 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Imagine a playful and friendly-looking dog floating in the vastness of space, surrounded by stars and galaxies. The dog is wearing a space suit, complete with a helmet that allows you to see its adorable face. In one paw, it holds a hammer

Laika? [emoticon:ussr flag]

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Actually I like the analogy of Microsoft banning Chrome and Firefox and forcing you to use Edge.

Oh wait,they are slowly forcing Edge in.  You're down with that too, right?

Also,you can lay out to me how to empty out the reddit mod queue with the official app.  See, unlike here where just a single user has a habit of calling people "cunts" I have to deal with a steady stream of "cunt", "faggot", "eat a bullet" and so forth.

And yet I still don't really care.  It's a small part of my life.  But it's a passion for some people, and they put a lot of work into it.  And I respect that.

The vast majority of users do too.

That all being said, if reddit was to take it away over this, it would be doing me a favor 😄

Apples and oranges, but I'll play into it.  Am I down?  No.  Am I going to kick anyone off a platform in some whiny protest?  No.  If they somehow pulled that off I'd just uninstall Windows and find something else to run what I want because I have a choice.

If you don't like the reddit mod app, then stop being a mod, you're not forced into it, nor are you doing it as a paid job either.  Seems if most people are calling you a cunt and wanting you to die anyway, as you said, you'd be better off leaving them to rot.

Editorials Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

Agreed, but it sounds like enough of them leverage the third-party APIs everyone's concerned about losing that it might be worth cleaning up the mess if it means their job won't be harder in the future.

Ah yeah, I could see that. I legitimately do 99% of my subreddit moderating on RIF for Android. I really don't want it to go away. I don't have a desk job anymore and some days I don't even touch a computer anymore.

I put in the thankless time because I like the community, not because I like Reddit corporate. So if they want to hit me, I'll hit em back. It will improve everyone's lives to spend less time on Reddit. An alternative won't arise if we don't need one. There's no chance at all that Reddit will back down.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Apples and oranges, but I'll play into it.  Am I down?  No.  Am I going to kick anyone off a platform in some whiny protest?  No.  If they somehow pulled that off I'd just uninstall Windows and find something else to run what I want because I have a choice.

If you don't like the reddit mod app, then stop being a mod, you're not forced into it, nor are you doing it as a paid job either.  Seems if most people are calling you a cunt and wanting you to die anyway, as you said, you'd be better off leaving them to rot.

Who is kicked off anything?  The subs are down temporarily down.  Don't like it?  Create a new one.  Nothing's stopping you.  Or go run off to a reddit alternative.  Nothing's stopping you there either.  The only "whining" I'm seeing is over a decision that most people see as a just one.

And I do it for the love of the SNES as a form of a public service.   I'd do it anonymously if I could.  You think Gloves created VGS for personal gain?  No, they're passion projects.  And both of us deal with the bad apples as a cost of doing business.

• Like 3