IGNORED

Favorite sci fi vehicles

Tabonga

Talking about the Landmaster made me think of the many interesting vehicles I have seen in scf fi movies.  (Let's stick to land vehicles and not get into spaceships etc.)

I always liked the Scrambler in Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (1983).  I don't know if the sail powered traincar in the clip had a name or not - but it was pretty cool too.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

I always liked simple starships with clean lines.  The Lamda Class T-4a Imperial Shuttle has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid:

lambda2.jpg.d3ce3b68e4c94acc0ad766d3f4a3622f.jpg

For a more Earth-centric vessel, you can't go wrong with my logo The Knight Industries 2000:

original-screen-used-kitt-trans-am-from-knight-rider.jpg.e6edb42abef19e318ecd2d7240aec795.jpg

Edited by RH
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, RH said:

I always liked simple starships with clean lines.  The Lamda Class T-4a Imperial Shuttle has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid:

lambda2.jpg.d3ce3b68e4c94acc0ad766d3f4a3622f.jpg

For a more Earth-centric vessel, you can't go long with my logo The Knight Industries 2000:

original-screen-used-kitt-trans-am-from-knight-rider.jpg.e6edb42abef19e318ecd2d7240aec795.jpg

Another famous "kit"  (because these cars were literally assembled from a kit) car   was this S2 Lotus Seven from the great series "The Prisoner",

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2

I think the Nostromo from Alien is probably my all-time favorite. Not so much for the exterior design, but instead for the amazing interiors. So much thought and care went into the layout, accommodations, tech, and signage, making it feel real and lived-in. It is functional, yet still serves the story amazingly well.

Nostromo%20A.jpg

Nostromo%20B.jpg

I-162-on-Nostromo_Bulkhead_Door-alien.jpg

J-160-on-Nostromo_Semiotic_Icons_Pg1of2-alien.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 5/2/2023 at 4:46 PM, Tabonga said:

Talking about the Landmaster made me think of the many interesting vehicles I have seen in scf fi movies.  (Let's stick to land vehicles and not get into spaceships etc.)

I completely glossed over your instructions, but I have no regrets!

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Batman is sci fi right?

Cw3b1Hs.jpg

Like the Prisoner, the 1966 Batman was a mish mash of many genres.

Here is the Batmobile in its secret identity before being rebuilt as the Batmobile. It started life as a 1955 Ford Lincoln Futura Concept Car. 

tunnelram_lincoln-futura_batmobile.jpg.88c5866c31f12d594caf4357d68ea277.jpg

It also was used in the 1959 movie "It Started With A Kiss",

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

What did this guy live down a dirt road? Think he coulda cleaned it up a bit before the photo shoot.

George Barris was a famous car modifier and he bought the car from Ford for $1 and other considerations (which I assume was work on other cars). (It was not unusual for car companies to lose interest in concept  cars (most, like this one, were the only examples built) once they were done with them for promotional shows, testing ideas etc.)  There was a problem though - Ford never created a title for the vehicle so it was uninsureable.  So Barris parked it behind his shop and more or less forgot about it and it was totally exposed to the elements for a number of years - hence the condition.

Barris did the work of transforming it into the Batmobile (which he kept possession of after the show was done) - so I imagine he had that photo taken just before starting work on it.

I know there were some replicas made over the years but I have never followed the history of those.  

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2