IGNORED

Game Debate #150: Super Mario Bros. 3 (super cereal this time)

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

3 hours ago, Brickman said:

Ahhh ok fair enough. I don't personally think it requires one but I also never knew people debated this issue until this thread 🤣 

Seems moot considering there are both options available, so both camps can be happy, but I won't stand in front of a raging pointless debate. Carry on good sir.

Haha, well I never knew it was an issue until adults started complaining about it either. 😉

It's not pointless. We just went through that. 😂

Jokes. All good. Appreciate the input. 

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I keep wondering if AirVillain needs to take a nap after his posts due to all the energy he puts into them. 😛

Haha, why do you think it's been 2 hours since I responded? 😴

Nah.... it doesn't really take much more effort than the typing. Sorry to overstimulate your tiny little pee brains. 😂

Jokes, I mean, here's the thing.... if I enjoy it... Pro Wrestling, Video Games, 80's/90's movies,  ummmm.... (other things?) then I ENJOY talking about the little stupid details and differences. I think that's part of what makes each interesting. 

So it's not like I sit around and take notes and type out major paragraphs and copy and paste them in long-winded answers... I just think THAT much about this shit 🤣

See... just typed that up as answer I would give someone if I were talking in a regular conversation. 🙈

2 hours ago, Link said:

🤣 

If you need extra lives you can grind for them just as easily in either game; if you do or don't, the latter doesn't require playing the beginning levels every time. 

Sad Feelings GIF

2 hours ago, cj_robot said:

Alright, @AirVillain this has been fun, but I need a break from this thread. 

All I will say is thank goodness all the progress we've made here has been recorded at this wonderful site, so we can continue on where right we left off. It would have been truly awful if I had to start the conversation over from the beginning every time I logged in.

videogamesage.com gets a 10/10 👍

🤔

Hmmmm.... something about what you've said has struck a cord deep down with me but I can't quite place why.... nope.... no.... idea. 

I agree on that last bit, though!!! 10/10!

Edited by AirVillain

5 hours ago, Brickman said:

I can’t believe this debate is still going 🤣

Why is this even a debate? Here’s a newsflash for people:

YOU CAN PLAY THE GAME WITH SAVE FUNCTIONALITY ON THE SNES AND GBA

NES/Famicom too -- MMC5 super hack release of Super Mario All-Stars for NES/FC.  SMB1-3, Lost Levels and a hidden copy of Mario Bros too.  Every single game has saving, even the arcade game for high score.  Unlike SNES/GBA it doesn't save by the world/castle points, it saves by the stage!  It's by far my most favorite hack/famiclone cart I own.  It works fine in emulators and flash kits so it's easily obtained and used.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2422/

Check this video, around the 6:30 mark you can see how the saving/reloading works by the stage.  The work and dedication on this package is nothing short of stunning and a solid solution if you must play 8bit Super Mario Bros 3 with saves.

35 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Haha, why do you think it's been 2 hours since I responded? 😴

Nah.... it doesn't really take much more effort than the typing. Sorry to overstimulate your tiny little pee brains. 😂

Jokes, I mean, here's the thing.... if I enjoy it... Pro Wrestling, Video Games, 80's/90's movies,  ummmm.... (other things?) then I ENJOY talking about the little stupid details and differences. I think that's part of what makes each interesting. 

So it's not like I sit around and take notes and type out major paragraphs and copy and paste them in long-winded answers... I just think THAT much about this shit 🤣

See... just typed that up as answer I would give someone if I were talking in a regular conversation. 🙈

It's not so much the length but the sheer exuberance in your posts.

You remind me a bit of a video of a cat I once saw that made these loud, howling meows. You could see its ribs flex every time. It wasn't in pain or distressed, that's just how it meowed all the time. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

It's not so much the length but the sheer exuberance in your posts.

You remind me a bit of a video of a cat I once saw that made these loud, howling meows. You could see its ribs flex every time. It wasn't in pain or distressed, that's just how it meowed all the time. 🙂

What can I say? I enjoy taking it "seriously". 🤷‍♂️  I don't actual think it's "serious" (in terms of important things in life/the world), but I enjoy having "in depth" conversations about it. 

On 5/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, Tanooki said:

NES/Famicom too -- MMC5 super hack release of Super Mario All-Stars for NES/FC.  SMB1-3, Lost Levels and a hidden copy of Mario Bros too.  Every single game has saving, even the arcade game for high score.  Unlike SNES/GBA it doesn't save by the world/castle points, it saves by the stage!  It's by far my most favorite hack/famiclone cart I own.  It works fine in emulators and flash kits so it's easily obtained and used.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2422/

Check this video, around the 6:30 mark you can see how the saving/reloading works by the stage.  The work and dedication on this package is nothing short of stunning and a solid solution if you must play 8bit Super Mario Bros 3 with saves.

If only it let you do level/stage select on each file like the SNES version does.

12 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But then it wouldn't be as good as The Little Mermaid

Oh that's nothing compared to the HEROIC AWESOMENESS of Heroes of the Lance! 😄   No really several years back that game/forum over at GameFAQs had a really weird cult following for some reason...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/587335-advanced-dungeons-and-dragons-heroes-of-the-lance

Edited by Estil