IGNORED

What are your favorite parody/novelty songs/videos? BESIDES Weird Al Yankovic!

Estil

First off I think we are all well aware of Weird Al Yankovic who I think most of can agree is who truly put the genre on the map; this is the one I think was his best (you can go to his YouTube channel from here to see the rest that he's done):

But let's be sure we give the other guys some love too!  Let's start with country's version of Weird Al, Cletus T. Judd!

https://www.youtube.com/@CledusTJuddVEVO

I think it's really cute how in this one (starting at 2:17) he gives shoutouts to some of Alan Jackson's songs! 😄 

As for novelty songs, Ray Stevens did a few and this is probably his most famous or infamous...

And one more...I might add a few more later...

• Like 1

Novelty songs are big in my house.  Monty Python did a bunch, this one is probably my favorite:

And way back when, Spike Jones was doing this:

Or this, with Honer and Jethro:

Some other faves:

For classical music lovers/haters, there's:

Or just about any PDQ Bach tune, such as:

Seriously, I could go all day on this subject.

I just discovered this gem: 🤣

https://youtu.be/zGM8PT1eAvY

"Don't Download This Song" by Weird Al ..... not sure why it's not showing up. It's not a Rick Roll. I know that's exactly something someone who was actually trying to Rick Roll you would say....but.... it's not.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention The Lonely Island. Those guys are hilarious. 

"Sax Man" with Jack Black had me lol'ing the other day. Fucking hilarious. 

Edited by AirVillain

15 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I just discovered this gem: 🤣

https://youtu.be/zGM8PT1eAvY

"Don't Download This Song" by Weird Al ..... not sure why it's not showing up. It's not a Rick Roll. I know that's exactly something someone who was actually trying to Rick Roll you would say....but.... it's not.

Not today, Satan

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Link said:

Not today, Satan

Hahaha... have a little faith? 

I mean, shit.... if I was trying to Rick Roll you I wouldn't blatantly tell you I wasn't... but then again.... maybe... JUST maybe I would.... 🤔

Also, who DOESN'T love clicking random links on the webs! That's what the fun is all about!! 🤣

Man, I hate Ray Stevens. He's like a redneck Weird Al minus any of the talent and wit that Weird Al has.

I actually really like Monster Mash. I enjoy it even when it's not Halloween.

There are some artists that I love and that are somewhat novelty music adjacent. Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart and Ween for example.

Is "Rock Me Amadeus" a novelty song?

Social Team · Posted

Are yall serious??  This group of video game nerds are wanting to know Weird Al like artist and NO ONE, brings up Brentalfloss!!

Spoiler

Non video game related songs/bands....

When I think of funny awesome songs I for sure think of The Vandals.  They are a punk rock band so I can understand if some don't like them that much.  

• 3 weeks later...