IGNORED

Paint Me Like One Of Your French Consoles!

I don't know why, but I've always wanted a Knight Rider mod to an NES.  Solid black, red letters and under the door a scanner bar is installed that runs back and forth when it's powered on.

I don't want a paint job, but a properly molded case with screen printed, considerably accurate text.  (I've talked about this idea before, but I know that too my desired standard, it's a pipe dream.)

I don't care who does is it, so long as they can create proper cad files for the shell and has access to an injection molding machine (or whatever it should be) and a proper printer for the text on the device.

It it's feasible, I could have a remote control change the settings, plus have a servo added to the NES door and an ejection mechanism for the cartridge.   The door can auto-open, and the cartridge kind of pops out to grab and swap.

On the back of the unit would be switches and a dial for the various scanner bar modes and speeds.  Everyone love the DeLorean from BttF, and it's a classic of the 80s.  But for me, K.I.T.T. is the top of my list of coolest 80s cars ever!  I want my NES to look like him.

3 hours ago, RH said:

I don't know why, but I've always wanted a Knight Rider mod to an NES.  Solid black, red letters and under the door a scanner bar is installed that runs back and forth when it's powered on.

I don't want a paint job, but a properly molded case with screen printed, considerably accurate text.  (I've talked about this idea before, but I know that too my desired standard, it's a pipe dream.)

I don't care who does is it, so long as they can create proper cad files for the shell and has access to an injection molding machine (or whatever it should be) and a proper printer for the text on the device.

It it's feasible, I could have a remote control change the settings, plus have a servo added to the NES door and an ejection mechanism for the cartridge.   The door can auto-open, and the cartridge kind of pops out to grab and swap.

On the back of the unit would be switches and a dial for the various scanner bar modes and speeds.  Everyone love the DeLorean from BttF, and it's a classic of the 80s.  But for me, K.I.T.T. is the top of my list of coolest 80s cars ever!  I want my NES to look like him.

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

Please make checks payable to "CasualCustoms".
Thank you for your patronage.
No refunds.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg

Now THESE are console mods worth having!

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

It’s the best “themed” console anyway

#savetheyellownintendos

I have to admit, a yellowed NES, as long as it's evenly yellowed, doesn't look THAT bad. Same with the Famicoms.

Yellowed SNES, though, always have that weird two-tone look, as some of the gray parts don't yellow for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I have to admit, a yellowed NES, as long as it's evenly yellowed, doesn't look THAT bad. Same with the Famicoms.

Yellowed SNES, though, always have that weird two-tone look, as some of the gray parts don't yellow for some reason.

I have a rule “if it don’t come off with dawn and warm water, it stays.”

I don’t know what I did with it but I once had one so beautiful. It was like three different tones of yellow that made for some really cool lines , some type of crayon or marker, scuffs all over it and the cherry was the top corner was melted in a way that I pray was from a cigarette being left on it. It was glorious. It was art. It was a theme. A visual naturally organically curated theme of life. I can’t imagine I sold it but I don’t know where it is….

Edited by docile tapeworm