• The B-52s - "Love Shack"
  3. 3. Choose one

• Daft Punk - "Get Lucky"
    • Heart - "Alone"
  4. 4. Choose one

• Sublime - "Santeria"
    • The Pixies - "Where Is My Mind"

This poll is closed to new votes

@Reed Rothchild, FYI, the video for "Alone" by Heart is absent from the main post.  I wasn't paying attention to the artist text in the actual poll when I voted and just watched both videos to take stock, then voted against "Alone" because it was the version by "Rod Wave" linked instead of the actual song to be voted on.  Not sure if there's any way to reset my vote or just take into account that I'd have voted differently on #3 when tallying, but I'd appreciate it if there was due to the video error.

Spoiler

spacer.png

#2 was rough for me, as I really like both songs, but ultimately had to go with what I was most likely to leave playing when it came up on shuffle.  As good as the B-52's stuff is, I've usually got to be in the right mood to enjoy/endure that level of peppiness.

Edited by darkchylde28

40 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@darkchylde28 Well shit, not sure I can erase a video on mobile.

@Moderator Can you erase the Alone video in the OP and paste this in?

Any way for a mod to nuke or change my poll choices?  Right at this moment, #3 should be even at 3/3 if I'd made the choice I'd meant to.

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Any way for a mod to nuke or change my poll choices?  Right at this moment, #3 should be even at 3/3 if I'd made the choice I'd meant to.

I'll account for it either way.

@DoctorEncore@Mega Tank @TDIRunner Did you vote based on the incorrect Alone video?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I constantly ask myself where is my mind.....

Hide contents

I can't help but remember this when I hear this Pixies song.  This is also where I first heard the song and instantly loved it.

That is very iconic, but that only represents a bit of the song, and when you listen to the whole thing, IMO, it just doesn't hold up as well as Santeria does across its entirety.

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Coldplay beating Elton and Dua.  Tears and Pixies losing a couple of heartbreakers.  I made myself sad with my own bracket 😭 😆

Admission: I probably would have voted Head Over Heels into the finals

I hear you.  Between the two, I think more people will recognize Love Shack immediately, but I'd argue (as RH did above) that Head Over Heels is more likely to be listened to when it comes up, as Love Shack is really a high energy, good mood, party kind of song, and sticks out like a sore thumb when it pops up and that's just not what's going on.

Edited by darkchylde28

Social Team · Posted

Heads Over Heels slams!  I keep listening to the song and makes want to watch the countless 80's films that have it in the movie as a soundtrack.  Also this scene in the music video is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHiG-43Fzg&t=138s

Spoiler

It's an absolute shame that this is the only movie I could find with it in the movie.