IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - BURGER TIME!

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

He probably remembered how we got our high scores last time and is more tolerant of the long and tedious process that is involved.

I have no intention of posting another score and zero desire to go to youtube and look it up, but is it like Pac-man and Ms Pac-Man where you can just run around for a long time until the enemies are grouped and then slowly walk over all the burgers?  If so, that would be one loooong and boring game...

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I have no intention of posting another score and zero desire to go to youtube and look it up, but is it like Pac-man and Ms Pac-Man where you can just run around for a long time until the enemies are grouped and then slowly walk over all the burgers?  If so, that would be one loooong and boring game...

Without completely giving it away, that's pretty much it.

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

He probably remembered how we got our high scores last time and is more tolerant of the long and tedious process that is involved.

Pretty much.  I'm using rdrunner's tutorial as well because that's what opened my eyes last time.  Still, it's pretty hard but I'm gonna keep playing cause it's fun.  In how many hours does this contest end?  It was daylight savings today eh

12 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Pretty much.  I'm using rdrunner's tutorial as well because that's what opened my eyes last time.  Still, it's pretty hard but I'm gonna keep playing cause it's fun.  In how many hours does this contest end?  It was daylight savings today eh

I remember his video explaining how to group the enemies, but I think he only did the first two or three stages. I guess the contest still ends at 11:00 EST, so there's about two more hours.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

21 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I remember his video explaining how to group the enemies, but I think he only did the first two or three stages. I guess the contest still ends at 11:00 EST, so there's about two more hours.

Noice.  I liked the sequencing of the enemies he did.  Just put up a 3,500 improvement

4 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Nice win @PII!  I just could not break 145K.  Most of my points were just from maxing the first level

Thanks!  Glad you showed up.  My runs were also level 1 heavy.  I didn't perfect level 1 by any stretch, but was leaving it with around 68,000 at best.  That last run, I was finally able to get some big points on level 3 as well.

And thanks to @Bearcat-Dougfor setting an early bar to aim for.  I figured I had a decent shot this week to begin with, but wasn't really expecting to top your score.  Now I feel like I could do yet a bit better...

Edited by PII

13 minutes ago, PII said:

Thanks!  Glad you showed up.  My runs were also level 1 heavy.  I didn't perfect level 1 by any stretch, but was leaving it with around 68,000 at best.  That last run, I was finally able to get some big points on level 3 as well.

And thanks to @Bearcat-Dougfor setting an early bar to aim for.  I figured I had a decent shot this week to begin with, but wasn't really expecting to top your score.  Now I feel like I could do yet a bit better...

Good job on the win and to @Krunch on the great score! I did get a perfect run on the first stage, but I played the next two straight so I didn't pad my score as much as I should have.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

29 minutes ago, PII said:

Glad I could make it interesting near the end there!  Though I was able to technically get it perfect out of level 1 I only did it a few times, falling anywhere from 4000 to 32000 under the max, so not many runs to tack another part of a run onto.  Getting level 2 more thorough would have been what was needed but just not enough tries.  I was able to corral the level 2 spawns a bit to get them together but couldnt lead them without splitting them up, the placements you wanna be at at certain times is hella finicky.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Good job on the win and to @Krunch on the great score! I did get a perfect run on the first stage, but I played the next two straight so I didn't pad my score as much as I should have.

Thanks!  I thought maybe I'd pull it off but ultimately the score proved to not be enough of a cinch, Pii had all the tools at hand to make a nice comeback

• The topic was unpinned