IGNORED

What's the most recent large object you moved in or out of your house?

Lynda Monica

I took the extra day off that Canada got to do some work at home, and moved an enormous desk out of my room that's been wasting space. The possibilities of how I can set up my room have soared as a result, and I couldn't be happier to be rid of the thing.

So my question to all of you is "What's the most recent large item you've moved in or out of your house?"

Bonus points to those who can turn this into a show off thread and show off a cool large gaming item. 👍

I just moved a seven foot couch into my basement about a week ago, and gouged up the wall in the stairwell and had to spackle and re-paint, so those were good times, and since I just moved into a new house last year, I'm still at the point where I get ptsd just thinking about having to move a large object...

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Your title requires it to be moved in / out of the house but your post mentions only moving a desk between rooms. What are the requirements for the item in question?

Has to be between 3-9 feet in diameter, and it cannot contain any organic matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Switch Kiosk would have been it not too long ago. Heavy MOFO. Just glad I have an elevator as I live on the 4th floor lol. Still, it had its challenges that I needed 1-2 other people to help get it in and out of the truck. Gonna suck when I have to move it later to my house as well as the other kiosks.

Interesting enough, we just got rid of the 30 year old fridge in our kitchen and got it replaced with a new one.

I hated to see it go but when repair men can find parts and the thermostat is busted, what else can you do?

Anyway, we ended up with a barebones, GE fridge that was large enough to fit in the space we have. We paid for the installers to come because they also haul away the only unit.  We don’t have a truck so we didn’t really have a choice.

13 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Your title requires it to be moved in / out of the house but your post mentions only moving a desk between rooms. What are the requirements for the item in question?

I actually had a longer version of the post I trimmed down due to rambling, but I guess I forgot to include the part where I mentioned I got rid of it. My bad! 🥴

I did move it out of the house, and it was a huge pain to take it down a flight of stairs and into the van to get rid of it. I had to do it all myself, and I almost wrecked my back doing it. I had to take it easy the next day.

I mentioned this in another thread, but since you asked, I'll mention it here as well.  I just moved the first of my new gaming shelves into the basement and I'm in the process of getting everything hooked up.  The new TV is also in and I'll hang it on Thursday when the wall mount finally gets here.

I custom made this shelf based off the dimensions of my room and the consoles that will go on it.  Obviously, this shelf is for Nintendo, Sony and Analogue systems.  I have plenty more systems, but they will be on a different shelf to be built in the near future.  Just big enough to need two people to get it from the garage into the basement.  The shelves have LED lighting with dozens of color options, but I don't have a good picture of that yet. 

20220928_225749.jpg.f0746b87311c20732820

I sold my Wii U kiosk last spring and moved it out of the house into the garage. I don't like strangers in my house that would be able to scope out my stuff. Those kiosks are beastly... I had two pretty sizeable bruises on the inside of my elbows from the strain and had trouble fully extending my arms for a few days. 

I'm glad it's gone. I made a good profit off it, it was huge and more or less useless, and the guy who bought it was absolutely pumped.