IGNORED

Things you wanted, but had to tell yourself you can't have.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:57 AM, fcgamer said:

For me, it's hard to justify the prices on items that are just popular, yet not super stinking rare. I just dropped about $200 to a sweaty reseller for a cib Jurassic Boy 2 on Famicom, without thinking twice. Up until a few years ago, we didn't even know a box existed, and up until I got this one, no one had a clue of a manual. It's that stinking rare.

Contrast it with Sculptors Cut for example, or Samson or whatever. You can buy those any day of the week if you want, they're like second -rate rares and I just see little value in such high prices for such mundane items.

I agree a lot with this

For me, it’s all about the re-buy. Have I had items that are now super expensive that cost me little back in the day? Yes, for sure. Many old heads from NA have been in such a situation. 

To be specific, if I can’t re-buy a game for less than $200, I’m out.

Edited by LostLevel83
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

I really wanted a copy of Harmful Park back when it was like 150. Just never had the fund’s pull the trigger. Now it’s like 800+ 😔

I got one when it was around 400 I sold it for about the same amount. I kinda regret that one. It was a pretty good game. Easy but a lot of fun. Visually stunning as well.

16 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I got one when it was around 400 I sold it for about the same amount. I kinda regret that one. It was a pretty good game. Easy but a lot of fun. Visually stunning as well.

I still have to play it, but yeah it was definitely the visuals that got me interested in it

I had it happen to me again, and it hadn't happened to me in years. My indecision about buying this game is actually what inspired this thread in the first place, and I have to thank all of your responses for helping me do the right thing.

I've been collecting Wii games for a few months now, and I was hoping to get each of Nintendo's franchises that came out on Wii. I bought Rhythm Heaven Fever back when it came out, so I was really frustrated about its current price. I never even liked Rhythm Heaven to begin with, but I wanted it for the Nintendo series set.

I made an offer to someone, and they sent me a really good counter offer. It was a massive discount honestly, and yet even at a price of $160.00, I couldn't deal with paying so much for a game I never even liked. I decided to decline the offer, and a weight was lifted from my shoulders immediately.

After that I looked through my Wii games and decided to sell some of them. I sold my copy of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Animal Crossing City Folk, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Play Motion.

From now on I'll only pick up games from the Nintendo series I care about. I'm not a big enough fan of Nintendo anymore to convince myself that I like all of their series, so from now on I'll just buy the ones I enjoy like a normal person.

Now my first party Wii line up is Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Punch Out!!, Excite Truck, Kirby and Pokemon. That's all I really need, as those are the series that actually mean something to me.

Glad to see so many others open up and take part in this thread, as I think it's an important thing to think about. I don't want to spend my whole life doing this, so hopefully there will come a time when I can tell myself I don't need anything else. 🙂

Ugghh I went to a fair in the northeast this past weekend, stopped at a walmart to pick up some advil for my girlfriend before leaving town and saw they had the Simpsons Arcade 1up on clearance. My face lit up like that Chris Pratt Parks and Rec gif. But I had to leave it because of the lack of room (or because of my girlfriend dragging me by the ear).

On 9/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, docile tapeworm said:

Didn't you sell one of those last year?  I know because I debated on making an offer.  Has it gone up 100% in one year?!  I should have taken that deal!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RH said:

Didn't you sell one of those last year?  I know because I debated on making an offer.  Has it gone up 100% in one year?!  I should have taken that deal!

Was it last year I sold it? I know it wasn’t too long ago. Ya I let it go for $400-$500. Super clean with the spine card too I think.

45 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Was it last year I sold it? I know it wasn’t too long ago. Ya I let it go for $400-$500. Super clean with the spine card too I think.

Maybe it was longer.   I swear  my brain has thrown out the entire year of lockdowns when it comes to judging time.

• Like 1

Probably the only Genesis game I wanted but didn't end up with: Crusader of Centy CIB. When I was looking at it, it was $300-$400, but so was M.U.S.H.A. with the reg card. I only had money for one, and I'm a much bigger fan of SHMUPs, so I chose the latter. Nowadays, Centy ($1500) is almost double the price of M.U.S.H.A ($800ish).

I sometimes think of what could have been, but I've gotten a lot of playtime and enjoyment out of M.U.S.H.A., so I don't regret it. Nowadays, the NA version of Centy is far beyond what I'm willing to spend on a game. I've toyed with the idea of buying the Japanese version and patching it with the Retron 5, but other, newer games keep grabbing my attention and dollars.

I've had a search out for stuff signed by Miyamoto for a long time.  Not much comes up.  Well, I know this is a starting bid of $4,500 and no one has bid on it, but if this is indicative of where prices are now for Miyamoto signed memorabilia, this is another thing that I'm going to have to throw on the pile of items I'll never own.

Granted, no one may bid on this, but if at least two people legit bid on this, it semi-establishes that this is a FMV for an item like this.

(Miyamoto signed Golden Ocarina of Time, CIB)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334582011742