IGNORED

Music Debate #137: Parkway Drive

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8/10 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5/10 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3/10 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

Should get about 5 or 6 votes from the metalheads on the forum haha. I went with an 8. 

I'm not a huge metalcore guy, more into the power metal and melodic death metal. However, I love all the crazy riffs these guys come up with and it's great to blast when you want something really heavy. I would rate Killswitch Engage slightly higher as my favourite metalcore band though.

I do love that they were able to break out of Australia and onto the big stage, doesn't happen a lot with metal bands here.

Not familiar with these guys, though yeah I agree that it's cool if they actually did make it out of Australia. So many great bands got stuck over there, like Spiderbait and Powderfinger.

Listened to the songs posted, a few of them I found pretty good, though the rest just didn't do much for me. Never really got the whole screaming vocals thing though - I see screaming as something that can enhance a song when used in small doses, but that's about it.

Events Team · Posted

Kinda sucks.  Not a fan of the "metal" vocals and the music all kinda sounds the same.  Dig the surfing videos though. 

Oh yeah, what's up with that dumbass name, Parkway Drive?  Really?   How about Boulevard Circle?  Or Avenue Place or Highway Steet or Frontage Road Lane or Turnpike Alley...  LMAO

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 hours ago, The Count said:

I have no idea who these guys are. Are they like a Christian metal band or something? No vote.

5 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Nope.  Never heard of them.  

3 hours ago, RH said:

I think I’ve asked for something like that on the past. 

7 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

We really need to add a line on the pole for "Who???"

Queue up Machine Gun Kelly and Cardi B?  Got it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Queue up Machine Gun Kelly and Cardi B?  Got it!

Hey now! I’m not asking for pop drivel and I don’t listen to that stuff.  I’m just asking for a “Never heard of them” option.

But they’re your polls so you do them as you feel.  I like them no matter what.

On 5/20/2022 at 1:59 PM, JamesRobot said:

Kinda sucks.  Not a fan of the "metal" vocals and the music all kinda sounds the same.  Dig the surfing videos though. 

Oh yeah, what's up with that dumbass name, Parkway Drive?  Really?   How about Boulevard Circle?  Or Avenue Place or Highway Steet or Frontage Road Lane or Turnpike Alley...  LMAO

Let me guess you would rather listen to Britney Spears. Shallow ass. It’s ignorant  people like you who don’t understand the art of playing an actual instrument that ruin music. Oh wait you do know how to play an instrument, your a pro skin fluteist.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, docile tapeworm said:

Let me guess you would rather listen to Britney Spears. Shallow ass. It’s ignorant  people like you who don’t understand the art of playing an actual instrument that ruin music. Oh wait you do know how to play an instrument, your a pro skin fluteist.

Well that got aggressive 😂