IGNORED

CONTEST: Can YOU design the new VGS logo?!

Br81zad

Hey, Listen!

We're seeking to find a permanent identity for the site, and we want each of YOU to have a chance at letting YOUR artistic expression represent us as a community!

Q: "But Br81zad, don't we already have a logo? I see him at the top of the page."

A: Yes, our little animated Sage is awesome. And he's been an excellent representative thus far. But he's only 1 interpretation of what a Video Game Sage can be! We'd love to see what everyone else has up their sleeves.

Q: "So what is it you're looking for?"

A: We're looking for the anything your Sage minds can come up with! A mascot, a logo, even a stylized font if that's your forte! Could be a fancy play on the VGS acronym, the full site name, a Sage himself, or all 3 combined! Show us what you've got! *Note* Purple is to be the main color. The secondary color is open for you to play with. 

Q: "Who decides the winner?"

A: Members of the Admin and Mod Squad will deliberate in private and announce the design (or designs) that we feel best represent the VGS community.

Q: "So when does the contest begin or end?"

A: The contest begins NOW! And for the time being, there is no set end date! With that said, IF we get a submission that we unanimously agree upon, we'll end the contest immediately. So don't waste any time!

Q: "Are we limited on how many designs we can submit?"

A: NO! Let your creative juices flow! (But please only submit suitable content. If the work you submit is vulgar or NSFW, you will be disqualified)

Q: "Will there be a prize?"

A: YES! In addition to the prestige of having your art represent this fine family of collectors, gamers, and coders, we will fit you with your choice of the very first official VGS Hat/T-shirt OR a VGS hoodie! (featuring your design, naturally)

Q: "Who is eligible?"

A: All site members are eligible! The only requirement is an active user account.

Q: "Okay, great! So how do we make submissions?" 

A: Post your submissions right here in this thread! (Feel free to watermark your work if you feel the need. However we will not use your art in any capacity without seeking your approval first)

Remember: Feedback is fine but don't be an ass about it.

Good: Hey not bad, how about trying this or adding this....

Bad: WTF is that! It sucks!!

VGD edit...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Change!

Due to the slowdown of entries, we're going to place an official deadline on the contest!

If you've already made a submission, then you're all set. THANKS!

If not, it isn't too late! (yet)

You've still got this weekend and the holiday weekend to put something together 🙂 

Contest Ends: Sunday December 1st @ noon EST

• Like 4

Neato! I'm totally down for this! 😄

Question(s) though: 

Fomat and resolution size? I'm thinking PNG or GIF or something similar due to the transparency effects, but what are the technical limitations? (Y'all can get crazy technical, I should be able to take it. lol) Also, would you accept concept sketches first to see how everything lands?

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

Question(s) though: 

Fomat and resolution size? I'm thinking PNG or GIF or something similar due to the transparency effects, but what are the technical limitations? (Y'all can get crazy technical, I should be able to take it. lol) Also, would you accept concept sketches first to see how everything lands?

Bounce is here!  Word up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, m308gunner said:

Aw snap, Bounce is here. I got an idea for an animated logo I'm trying to work out. Here's hoping I get the first draft done before Bounce's 5th finished submission 😛

LOL! Naw, there's no rush. I'll tone it down a bit so we all can get a fair shot. Hahaha

Truth be told, you do some freaking awesome work. I'm pretty slow and not too good at animation all that much, so you'd probably totally beat me in that department. 😛 Still, I'd love to see what everyone else's come up with. 

I'm going for a image, both high rez and pixelated to give it a 16-bit-esq look to it. Plus, gonna do something gimmicky with the logo a bit. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

Question(s) though: 

PNG will work fine and as large as you feel like making it. Much easier to shrink a high resolution file than blow up a low resolution file. We would like to use the logos on merch as well as the title banner you see at the top of the site.

3 hours ago, fsped09 said:

My money is on you bud. 🙂

Man, you guys are too kind. lol 

But I'm honestly gonna try and put a little handicap on it, as I just want people to have a chance at it first. I remember constantly winning some art contest on NA, and mostly it was me who jumped on it and won first-hand. Not trying to humble-brag, but to be the guy who constantly wins art contests isn't fun for me, or at least it's not fair for anyone else who didn't get a chance. There's so much great artists out there, and it pains me to not see what they've came up with.

So to make it fair, I'm probably gonna wait it out a bit and slow down a little, and if it helps, I'm also down to collab with someone if anyone's game. Seriously, if anyone's struggling with Photoshop, coloring, or what-have-you, hit me up. Even if it's a question, I'll help the best that I can. 🙂

11 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

@Br81zad I like the purple and teal - looks nice! I've been having fun with my Sage design, so I made a run-cycle to go along with it. Can anyone confirm if the GIF is playing on your browsers?

-CasualCart

VGS Sage Run Cycle.gif

*throws up hands, smashes keyboard through screen, throws computer out window*

Yeah, that looks really good!

30 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

@Br81zad I like the purple and teal - looks nice! I've been having fun with my Sage design, so I made a run-cycle to go along with it. Can anyone confirm if the GIF is playing on your browsers?

-CasualCart

VGS Sage Run Cycle.gif

That's awesome.  If my browser ran slower on this site I would ask for that to show up during loading screens.

Administrator · Posted
15 hours ago, BouncekDeLemos said:

Man, you guys are too kind. lol 

But I'm honestly gonna try and put a little handicap on it, as I just want people to have a chance at it first. I remember constantly winning some art contest on NA, and mostly it was me who jumped on it and won first-hand. Not trying to humble-brag, but to be the guy who constantly wins art contests isn't fun for me, or at least it's not fair for anyone else who didn't get a chance. There's so much great artists out there, and it pains me to not see what they've came up with.

So to make it fair, I'm probably gonna wait it out a bit and slow down a little, and if it helps, I'm also down to collab with someone if anyone's game. Seriously, if anyone's struggling with Photoshop, coloring, or what-have-you, hit me up. Even if it's a question, I'll help the best that I can. 🙂

I appreciate your respect and sentiment, but I don’t think you should hold back or handicap yourself.  It’s not really about scoring the most points here or establishing who is a better artist.  A choice here will be made based on many factors, including personality, style, quality, etc. and we want to see as many different takes on the concept as possible!  If you have any ideas that you WANT to explore, I highly encourage you to put forth your best effort if that is something you have an interest in.

I think it’s just as respectful to other artists to put forth your best than literally handicap yourself.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Additional note - please don’t anyone be discouraged about what you see shared here or think that your contributions are not worthy.  Sometimes simple is great!  And you never know what will really click with people and get them excited.  So I encourage anyone who wants to participate to share!