IGNORED

NES Games I owned as a kid, the Sealed/CIB collection!

Penguin

So over the years I always had a goal to get a sealed NES collection of all the games I had when I was a kid.  As the years went by I figured out this wasn’t feasible since I loved Hanna Barbara and owned most of the games on NES (which as you know are insane sealed.). So over time I decided I would pick up sealed when I found them cheap and just try to find nice CIB copies if not.  I’m close to being finished now, if my memory serves me correctly.  Down to just needing Ghoul School and Jaws. (Hit me up if you have a extra nice CIB copies).  Some pics for your enjoyment.  Feel free to post pics of games you owned as a kid too in this thread! 😁

As far as the sealed ones I was able to knock off the list, I have:

Mario 2 (not pictured), Mario 3 (not pictured), The Addams Family, Caesar’s Palace, Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout and Star Tropics (opened but never played, close enough haha!)

8F3745D0-6687-4FD6-86FA-22F93F3A9312.jpeg

268BF8AC-5A41-4761-98D5-FE82606FAFB7.jpeg

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You had Surprise At Dinosaur Peak as a kid? From where?

We had this huge video rental store called Prime Time Video, and over the years I picked up all the Hannah Barbara games there on clearance when I had extra allowance money.  I think it was around 1996, I remember specifically I got both of the Flintstones games in their front clearance bin.  No idea what I had paid for them, but they were cart only I remember.  

More on that, I used to rent Wacky Races, Jetsons and the Flintstones games from Blockbuster originally, but never saw them for sale, and it must have been pure luck that I found them at the Prime time video store.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 2

That’s awesome.  I like that there’s some childhood games in there that you really don’t see everyday.  Lol @ CIB Dino Peak just chilling next to Dr Mario and doesn’t even get mentioned.  
I started collecting NES CIB the same way.  Actually just recently got the last one — Ice Climber

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

That’s awesome.  I like that there’s some childhood games in there that you really don’t see everyday.  Lol @ CIB Dino Peak just chilling next to Dr Mario and doesn’t even get mentioned.  
I started collecting NES CIB the same way.  Actually just recently got the last one — Ice Climber

My Dino peak is just box and cartridge, I’ve never been able to track down a manual.