IGNORED

Members Music

MachineCode

Hey all,

I noticed that we have quite a few musicians on the forum here, but don't have dedicated thread where we can share our work. Old or new, as long as it was made in part by you, share it here. I'll get the ball rolling.

image.png.eee09db53102b53fd56fc923a7b5bea3.png

Spotify: Heavy Handed - Old Adventures in Lo-Fi

Heavy Handed is a punk band that I joined over the summer whose lead guitarist I replaced. He basically recorded this, did a terrible job, and then sat on the tracks. So, the band sent em to me to clean up and overdub all the rhythm guitars. Not the greatest sounding thing, due to the poor quality tracks, but came together more than good enough for punk rock. Thus the album name and the GameBoy graphics theme.

Despite all this, I enjoyed working through the obstacles and making all the graphics in order to put out 3 IMO solid and heavy tunes.

Edited by MachineCode

On 4/11/2020 at 11:52 AM, Hammerfestus said:

Replace that singer and you’re solid.

We get polar opposites of mixed reviews with him. Some people straight up love him and that's their draw, and other people don't like him much at all. The ones who don't tend to find him a bit too nasally. Part of that is the recording as the dude used way too bright of a signal chain for his type of voice, but he is also naturally a bit on the nasal side so I can totally see that.

Anyway, I'm hoping we get some more music on here as we seem to have quite a few musicians, and the music debates show a wide range of tastes and styles so I figure it could be interesting. 

Alright, for better or worse, I'm game.

Here's a variety of rough takes I've done of songs I've written. Most of these I wrote in the last year or so, "Diamonds in the Rough" was around December of 2015 or early 2016.

These are rough demos, I've since altered some of the words, etc. The singing is overall not great, but it can be quite spotty here and there , yeah I know!

I'm brave, so I'll post.

Wandering Souls:

Diamonds in the Rough:

Windows:

Go On:

Come inside My Van:

On 4/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, MachineCode said:

We get polar opposites of mixed reviews with him. Some people straight up love him and that's their draw, and other people don't like him much at all. The ones who don't tend to find him a bit too nasally. Part of that is the recording as the dude used way too bright of a signal chain for his type of voice, but he is also naturally a bit on the nasal side so I can totally see that.

Anyway, I'm hoping we get some more music on here as we seem to have quite a few musicians, and the music debates show a wide range of tastes and styles so I figure it could be interesting. 

The nasally voice is fine. It is just as a punk band you need to be PISSED OFF. There is no angry edge to the voice. A good example of what I am talking about is Minor Threat.  Besides that, it is good punk. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any drummers on here?

So it's been 10 years and I'm getting some drums again. Gretsch still makes the Catalina Maple series, so I'll be getting a 7 pc shell. I loved those drums. So warm and mean at the same time. 

I rocked a combination of paiste signatures and alphas back in the day. The problem is that signatures are out of my price range, and alphas were discontinued. I'm intrigued by 900s to get a real nice groove rock/metal sound but still a little jazzy (though I wish they made a 21" ride).

Any recommendations? With corona virus right now, I can't just go to guitar center and test away like I would have back in the day.